CHAPTER THREE

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THREE

 

 

 


Dara blinks her eyes when Jiyong waves his hand in front of her. She closed her parted mouth and bit the insides of her cheeks after.

 

“Hi,” she simply greeted, not knowing what to say.

 

They were just exchanging messages earlier, and now he was already standing in front of her. What a coincidence knowing she wasn’t expecting to see a known personality like him inside the grocery on a Sunday afternoon— A family day, meaning more crowds and higher possibility of being recognized.

 

“The last time I checked, I’m not a ghost,” he said, chuckling, and reached for the pre-packed beef on the cold glass beneath them. “Beef?” He asked and handed her a pack.

 

“Ah, yes,” she uttered and accepted it with both hands. 

 

“Anything else?” He waited, standing in front of her with both hands shoved inside his slacks pockets.

 

Dara placed the pack of meat inside the cart and stared at her list. “Uhm, some chips and chocolates.” Once the words were out, she could only mentally slap herself. She should have went to get them first before the meat, what was she thinking?

 

“Alright, let’s go,” he pulled the small cart from her grasp and pushed it forward. 

 

She was taken aback yet again that she came running after him when he stopped and glanced back at her. “What is he doing here? And what is he doing?”

 

“I’m buying some stocks. Figured I’ll do it myself instead of asking a shopper since I am already around the block,” he explained, answering her silent question.

 

“Oh.”

 

“So, are you free tonight?” She slightly turned her head toward his direction and gave him a small nod. “Great. Let’s dine at the nearby hotel.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

“My treat.” Jiyong’s eyes squinted and she knew, he was wearing a huge smile behind that face mask. He walked past by her, leaving her in daze.

 

Did he just offer to take her out for a dinner? Instead of blaming her for last night’s disaster?

 

“He’s weird,” she mumbled to herself and doubled her steps to catch up on him.

 

 

 

 


After leaving her groceries on Jiyong’s car, Dara found herself seated at one of the VIP rooms of the nearby 4-star hotel.

 

He ordered for them after inquiring of her preference. She’s not really familiar with the menu and she can only thank him for not insisting on choosing from the foods listed on it.

 

It did not take long when their foods arrived. The waiter poured a small amount of wine on her glass, and she thanked him with a slight bow of her head. Yet, he remained standing few steps away from their table when she did not bother holding the glass.

 

“Try it,” Jiyong urged wearing a smile on his lips. Being inside the private room gave him enough privacy to get rid of the cap and the face mask. And boy, his charisma gets to her even more at the sight.

 

He pointed at her wine glass and she nodded, taking a sip from it. The cold liquid runs down , and the pleasant taste of it perks her interest.

 

A soft chuckle escapes his lips at her reaction. “I knew you’d like the taste of it,” he said and gestured the waiter to pour more on her glass before settling the bottle on the bucket resting on top of the cart at the side, before finally leaving the room.

 

“I think, I’ve tried this one before.”

 

“Moscato D’asti,” he filled in.

 

“Right! Bom brought me one of this before.”

 

“Glad I found the right wine to your liking.”

 

Dara smiled at him in gratitude and they started digging in on their plates in silence. She just don’t know how to engage THE Kwon Jiyong to a conversation when this is only the first time they talk while she’s a sober.

 

She can feel the continuous vibration of her phone inside her pocket, and she can only commend herself for putting it on silent mode. With the way the new notifications get through, she’s sure that the girls on their group chat are active and waiting for an update from her side.

 

After moments, they finished their meal and Dara excused herself for a quick restroom break before their dessert arrives.

 

Once she entered the restroom and locked the door behind her, she pulled her phone out from her pocket and scrolled through the screen.

 

 

Dara: Girls…
Minji: An update, finally! What happened? Have you heard from him?
Chaerin: What did he say?
Dara: Well, he responded to my messages and we’re kind of in a hotel right now.
Chaerin: Whoah!
Minji: Faster than lightning! The penthouse?
Dara: What? No! We are in the restaurant of a nearby hotel. He treated me for a dinner, saying he wanted to thank me about what happened last night.
Bom: He did not get the P so what was he thanking you for?
Dara: The P?
Bom: Meow meow cat, honey.
Dara: Park Bom!
Chaerin: So, you’re on a dinner date with him? Then why were you messaging us?
Dara: I just want to inform you all before I shut off my phone since it kept on vibrating with incoming messages from you three. And, it’s not a dinner date.
Minji: Wow. Going for some private time, I see.
Bom: Better than being the shame of the history, right?
Chaerin: An unbelievable perk. Shall we try next time?
Minji: I’ll pass.
Bom: Same here. One embarrassment is enough for this group.
Dara: I can feel the support there, thank you very much.
Bom: You’re welcome. Now, shut off the damn phone and go get the expensive D, hun.

 


Quite regretting her decision of informing her friends about her current whereabouts, she sighed and faced the mirror.

 

“You can do this, Park Sandara. It’s just Jiyong. You’ve been with a bunch of kids, so this is nothing compared to your daily stress.”

 

After washing and drying her hands, she pumped a fist in the air to cheer herself before exiting the restroom.

 


 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter