CHAPTER NINE

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE






 

From: Bom

Message: Dara, dinner at Las Flores later, 7PM.
 

To: Bom

Message: What's the occasion?
 

From: Bom

Message: Do we need an occasion for me to treat my friends for some fancy dinner?
 

To: Bom

Message: Nope, not really. I am definitely in for the treat.
 

From: Bom

Message: I knew you'd say that. Anyway, Chae has prior commitments while Minji has an early schedule tomorrow. But they'll be joining us for our NAC day at my place this weekend. So, I'll see you later?
 

To: Bom

Message: Yup. See you!




 



 

"What time is it?" A voice suddenly resonates around the playground, and Dara raises her head to look at the familiar source.
 

Her students follow suit, removing their gazes from their canvas. They all turn their heads toward the same direction.
 

Jiyong is there, standing with boxes of what seems to be donuts on his hands, and wearing a huge smile on his face. With this, more than a dozen pairs of eyes all turn back to her. 
 

She blinks and smiles before glancing down at her wrist watch.
 

"Well, it's snack time?" She announces, and the kids beam and start running toward Jiyong's direction. Dara cannot help but to shake her head at the sight.
 

He has been doing this for the past two weeks; Bringing snacks for the kids twice a week. Now that she realizes this, she wonders if he's not busy with anything.
 

Dara places her things on the swing and approaches the bench near them. The kids are busy devouring their sweets when he finally joins her.
 

"How's your day, Miss Dara?" He asked and offered her a box of donut in a separate plastic. She accepted it.
 

She smiles at him. "Good. How about yours, Mister Kwon?"
 

"Better now," he responded, grinning. She chuckles and shakes her head. She leans her back on the bench and stares at the kids. He notices that she hasn't opened her box of donuts yet. "You're not hungry?"
 

"Actually, I don't have the appetite. I think it was because of the fried chicken I ate last night."
 

"Fried chicken?"
 

"Yes! I saw the contact information of Alexander's bar in my apartment that you left, and I can't help but to crave for it. It has been more than a month since I tried that delicious dish, you know. I ended up ordering two dozens, and ate them all last night."
 

"And you woke up with an upset stomach because of eating too much grease?" Chuckling, Jiyong said.
 

"Unfortunately."
 

"Have you taken any medicines yet? Do you want me to buy one for you?"
 

"No, and no need. Thank you. I just need to lay low in stuffing my stomach with grease for today." He nods in response. Dara taps the box on her lap. "Thanks for these. I'll eat them tomorrow. But seriously, you don't have to keep coming here every week and bring the kids some snacks. Are you not busy, or anything?"
 

"Nope. I already wrapped the project with a boy group, and my brother is doing good with his own project as well. I am taking a break for now, so I have more time in my hands."
 

"Which you should be spending for a vacation somewhere instead of  going here."
 

He turns his head toward her direction and squints his eyes. "Why do I feel like you don't like seeing me here?"
 

She raises a brow at him. "Am I that obvious?" After moments, the corners of their lips lift, and they start laughing. "I'm just kidding," she says after.
 

"I know."
 

"But seriously, there is nothing to see here but art stuff done by kids."
 

He wiggles a finger in front of her. "Exactly why there is more to see here— Art stuff done by wide and creative imagination of innocent minds, don't you think soMiss Dara?"
 

Dara cannot help but to stare at him. Her heart swells hearing his insights and opinions about the kids and their art. Right. He's definitely right. It is one of the reasons why she loves working with kids.
 

She nods and looks over the kids. "You're right. Being with them is everything."
 

"You are good with them."
 

"Well, for one, I love kids." He nods. "And they are just simply precious, it is not too difficult to work with them."
 

"I can see that."
 

Silence filled them as they just stare at the kids. Jiyong sips on his drink before turning toward her.
 

"Can I invite you for a dinner?"
 

Dara turns to him. "Dinner? What's the occasion?"
 

"Well, I just want to celebrate that I finally wrapped up all the projects I've been working on. I used to celebrate alone before, and I think a company wouldn't hurt this time."
 

"But why me?"
 

He smiles at her. "Because I feel at ease whenever you're around." Her heart thumped hard inside her chest hearing this. "I mean I like being with you and— Okay. Wait, let me gather my thoughts."
 

She giggles at his sudden dilemma. "I get it. I mean I know I am a good friend, and my charms are irresistible right?" She joked.
 

She doesn't know whether it was just her imagination but did he just blush?
 

"Right," he mumbled. "Too irresistible."
 

"Hey. I was just kidding, you don't have to boost my ego like that."
 

"Well, you have to get used to hearing facts from me then, because what I just said is one." He shrugs. It is now her turn to blush at the sincerity in his voice. "Dinner tonight, are you free?"
 

Dare stares at Jiyong. "I am... Not free." She adjusts her glasses before continuing. "I almost forgot, I agreed for a dinner with Bom tonight. Rain check?"
 

He smiles and nods in understanding. "Next time then. Tell me when you're free. I'll make a reservation for us."
 

"Thank you, Jiyong."
 

"No. Thank you, Dara. You don't know how much I am having more than enough rest being here compared to a vacation somewhere else. Being here makes me feel relaxed and at ease. So, thank you," he said, smiling at her.




 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~




 

"Good evening, ma'am." The smiling host welcomed Dara once she made it to the entrance of Las Flores.
 

She returns the gesture and smiles at her. "Good evening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter