Protect

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

04

 

 

***

 

 

"But are those testing kits aren't used yet?" Taeyeon blurted loudly to give Yoona a consideration to think over the situation.

 

"There's one, and it's positive." said Sooyoung from the office to confirm it. "But all of these are in zip-close plastic bag. Like, it's not something for personal? Evidence? What do you guys think? Is this really owned by Lawyer Seo?"

 

Yoona let out a huge exhale after taking a deep breath. "All the signs, pertaining towards her. She owned that."

 

"Just confirm it to her later then." Hyoyeon suggested. "However, our target is on the move. Sooyoung-ah, keep an eye to everyone there, we'll keep ours to Seohyun." and she taps Taeyeon's shoulder, giving her the signal to drive.

 

Yoona is still in the process of the fact that the pregnancy tests are found in her wife's office that she stays spacing out for the next couple of minutes, until Taeyeon pulled the van in a parking lot in a cafe, unlike what Seohyun mentioned.

 

"She's meeting someone first before heading to the court, isn't she?" Hyoyeon could guessed as soon as Seohyun got out of the car. She immediately gives Taeyeon the signal to move so they can have a vision inside. But as she checks on Yoona, the latter is quiet and still in shock. "Aigoo, cheer up." she patted her shoulder. "I know there's a reason of that. Don't think too much of it yet."

 

"Yeah, hopefully... and should be a better reason." Sighs Yoona as she returned her attention to the monitor on Hyo's laptop. "She's in the cafe?" she just realized.

 

"Yeah, seems meeting someone." Hyoyeon mumbles.

 

"The father of her baby?" Yoona exclaimed earning and a hit on her shoulder. "Aish, I just can't stop thinking about it." She whined and pouted sadly. It's still so heavy inside that she can't think properly as well.

 

"Let's just wait shall we? It's not like we already know who is she meeting. And this will be quick since she has a hearing in an hour."

 

Yoona jumped in surprised when her phone rings under her pocket. But the moment she saw who's calling, it cause her eyes doubled and smile like a fool. "Seo Joohyun!" She answered brightly.

 

[Yoongie, I'm sorry.]

 

"For what?" She is confused.

 

[Last night. Um, I was actually just surprised when I heard your compliments. I didn't take it well. You're doing well, right?]

 

Yoona sighs and nodded. "I am. You are at work?"

 

[Yes. I'll make it up to you later, okay?]

 

"What-"

 

[No, in lunch break. I'll go home to have lunch with you. I'm pretty sure you're bored right now.]

 

"Yeah, definitely bored." 'And hurting.' Yoona thought at the same time.

 

[You should go to the mall, cafe, parks, theme parks-]

 

"That's a couple thing. You will only make me feel lonely if I do that and I will see a lot of couples around me." Yoona cut her girlfriend's sentence before she can ask her to go alone. "Maybe I will just call Omma to come over or it's me visiting my parents."

 

[That's a better idea. Send my regards to them.]

 

"No worries and thinking about going home. It will only waste your time. I'm fine."

 

[Tonight then, I'll make it up to you.]

 

Yoona sighs with how persistent her girlfriend sounds like. "Up to you."

 

[Love you, see you later.] The call hangs up just on time someone entered the cafe.

 

"It's a client?" Taeyeon whispered to herself while she's watching from nearby. The smile on Seohyun's face meeting her appointment just means she's a friend or-

 

"Omo, isn't that the same person on that r*pe victim, Sooyoung found on her drawer? Kim Yerim?" Hyoyeon could recognize. She immediately opened the phone they have captured earlier and compared it to the person Seohyun is apparently talking.

 

"Omo, chincha?" Yoona had a late reaction as she compared both images on the monitor. "They look, the same... indeed."

 

"It was a solved case, right? Why is she still meeting with her? Get closer, Taengoo." Hyoyeon requested so they could hear their conversations. Especially that Seohyun looks like she's sweet towards the `16 years old girl. She's holds her hands like she's a big sister of hers.

 

"Yah, there are costumers around, I couldn't find an empty table to get closer." Taeyeon reasoned. She is so eager to do it but there's nothing she can do.

 

Yoona couldn't help and suddenly thinks of the pregnancy tests they found and as well the fact that the girl is a victim of ual abuse. 'Was it connected with this girl rather?' she guesses but there's still part of her that Seohyun owned those tests. 'Aish, there's only one solution to this, I will ask the girl later and Seohyun at home.'

 

"Okay, a costumer just left." Taeyeon whispered on her seat and casually moved to a much closer table, which leads them to hear their conversation. Hyo and Yoona are both quiet as they listen carefully.

 

"Unnie, is it too much to ask for?" Yeri said as she pouted.

 

"What are you saying?" Seohyun chuckled in disbelief. "I'm already helping you with your studies, there's no too much for this. It's just part of my help for you. So, don't hesitate and call me whenever you want okay? Or do you want me to help you move to the apartment as well?"

 

Yeri wave her hands in front of the kind lawyer. "Oh-no-no. It's enough you're helping me and mom with our rent. I'll definitely make-up everything to you Unnie, once I graduated."

 

"Aigoo, don't think about it yet. What's more important, you're healthy and that the baby is too." softly, Seohyun said along with a smile as she sips on her iced-tea. "Don't be stressed out otherwise, it will danger your baby." she added as an advice.

 

Hyo and Yoona are looking into each other's eyes upon confirming the young girl is rather pregnant instead of Seohyun.

 

"Thanks Unnie." Yeri gratefully smiled. "I will forever remember this day."

 

"No worries. Finish your drink and cake." Seohyun replied as she checks the time. She still has 30 minutes to continue on her next schedule.

 

"How about you Unnie? I mean, I'm not burdening you, am I?"

 

"Nope. I'm free from any burdens. Well, besides a choding I am living with."

 

"A choding?"

 

"My girlfriend."

 

'Yah! I'm a burden to you now, Seo Joohyun?' Yoona literally yelled at Taeyeon's earphone causing the latter to put the earphone off of her ear.

 

"She must be so beautiful, just like you."

 

Seohyun chuckles. "She's more like a handsome choding. But she's definitely not a burden. She's my everything and I can't live a day without thinking of that little choding." she casually runs her finger on her hair as she unconsciously turned her head outside. She found a tainted van and wonders if it had been there since she got inside.

 

-

 

"She's looking at us." Hyoyeon got nervous.

 

"Why are you worried, she doesn't know who's inside." Yoona said as a matter of fact.

 

-

 

"Aww, I can see how much you love her Unnie. I hope I can see her soon." Yeri got excited.

 

"No." Seohyun quickly looked back to Yeri as she turned serious.

 

"Wae?"

 

"Yoona doesn't need to know what am I doing and everything you know. It's a secret between us only, okay?"

 

Yeri nodded in understand. "Noted, Attorney Seo."

 

Seohyun chuckles in amusement. "Call me Unnie again."

 

"I got scared for a moment there." Yeri chuckled back.

 

"Anyway, call me when are you guys moving to the apartment, okay? I might visit you guys on the first night of your move." Seohyun couldn't stay longer anymore. She grabs her sunglasses and wore it as she took her shoulder bag to carry it on her shoulder. "I'll see you again." and sweetly smiled to the young girl.

 

"Yes. Be careful on the drive, Unnie." Yeri wave her hands as the young lawyer get up and wave at her before leaving the cafe.

 

As soon as Seohyun's car has left, Yoona hurriedly got out of the van and surprised Yeri when she took the seat across her.

 

"Yah, what are you-"

 

"Tell me just when did Attorney Seo started helping you?" Yoona cut Taeyeon's sentence when she approached them.

 

Yeri got scared. "Who-who are you two?" She took her purse on the table and leaned back on her seat.

 

"Im Yoona by the way, the choding girlfriend." Yoona smugly smiled.

 

"Im-"

 

"Omo, chincha? It's nice to meet you, Unnie." Yeri cut Taeyeon this time as she get up and bowed. "I'm Yeri. Attorney Seo's friend." And she held out her hand to introduce herself.

 

Yoona got uncomfortable and immediately gestures her to sit down. "So, can you share to me how and when did-"

 

"I'm sorry but I can't share it. I promised not to tell anything especially you, Unnie." Yeri declined just before the doe-eyed can ask her. "I hope you are can understand."

 

"Um can I ask one thing?" Taeyeon finally butted to them and their attention shifted to her. "Did you... and Attorney Seo ever did the pregnancy test?"

 

"H-how do you know that?" Yeri raises her voice as it shocks her.

 

"She had been eavesdropping. But don't worry we're good people. And any conversation between us is highly confidential. So, just a friendly question, can you answer what my friend have asked?" Yoona is hopeful so it will conclude her speculations.

 

Yeri nodded. "I did, once... with her. It was during my hearing. She-she wanted to prove that the r*pe really happened and that I am weak to even struggle... so she asked me to take a pregnancy test and did a check up to get a medical certificate with me to confirm I was really being se-ually... a-assault. I hope you don't share this to anyone." she sighs and bit her lower lip as she got nervous. She doesn't feel uncomfortable always when she talks about it, especially with people she just met. It's fine with Attorney Seo since they've known each other for six months.

 

"Relax, it's good you shared it to us." Yoona got the signal and she carefully took her hands and give her comforting hold.

 

"T-thanks." Yeri lowly replied, looking down.

 

"So you are pregnant since the case happened?" Taeyeon carefully ask.

 

Yeri shake her head. "It took at least three months before I realize I am. Attorney Seo helped me with it." she didn't bother looking at them. "I'm three months pregnant now." she whispered to herself.

 

Yoona and Taeyeon shared gazes before they look back at the younger girl. Taeyeon gives Yeri a pat on her shoulder while Yoona rubs her hand with her thumb.

 

'Aigoo... now the tests kits make sense.' Hyoyeon sighs from the van. 'But how come there's a lot of it? Does lawyers really store advance pregnancy tests for future r*pe cases? or is it for... personal use?' she couldn't understand however with how much Seohyun bought test kits.

 

"Hey, Hyo, is everything okay there?" Sooyoung's voice was heard out of a sudden in Hyo's earphone.

 

"Yes, they're. I mean, Taeyeon, Yoona and this Yeri girl. Waeyo?"

 

"I found something." Sooyoung began. "Choi Siwon, Goo Joon the CEO you know, are close friends. Not surprise, right?"

 

"Yeah, expected that. Anything else?"

 

"Kim Myungsoo went on a hotel the other day."

 

"Omo, Chincha? Where?"

 

"The same address where Seohyun supposed to go. Or what? Ugh, I still need to confirm what time he was in a hotel. I have to go back to the headquarters first to trace his credit card transactions." Sooyoung informed ina very low voice.

 

"Have you install all the cameras?" Hyoyeon almost forgot and she asks hastily.

 

"Yes. One in Seohyun's, Myungsoo's, Choi Siwon since he left and this rookie lawyers. Only the CEO, I couldn't get inside because he seems not leaving his office anytime soon."

 

"Just do it later lunch break."

 

"Hopefully he will leave."

 

"Pretty sure of that. Keep me updated when you get juicy stuffs."

 

"Noted."

 

 

:::

 

 

Unregistered number: damn seo joohyun. u are going to regret ignoring me.

 

Just as Seohyun exited the hearing room, she received a message from the same number. She had been ignoring all his text messages because of how stressed she is lately.

 

To unregistered number: I have nothing to explain or regret. You know how busy I am. Stop texting me for once!

 

She sent a message and turned off her phone as she heads to the comfort room, looking at herself with a little guilt once again on her face. But there's no way she's going to let him do the same thing again with her. And she can't let him win over her even though she's a woman.

 

After washing her hands, she casually walked out the comfort room and jumped in surprised when she felt a tap on her shoulder. "M-Myung-soo-ah!" But she couldn't miss and hit his shoulder.

 

"Congrats on another win." Myungsoo greeted as he handed an iced tea to his best friend. "It was an easy win eh?"

 

"It's just a small case as well. Aigoo." Seohyun shrugs her shoulders as she began to walk out the building with her friend. "How about you?" She felt so refresh after winning another case that really gives her stressed these past days.

 

"There's another hearing next week. Ugh, I hate this kind of cases. You know, the judge needs more evidences like its some national case."

 

"It's just a divorce case." Seohyun chuckled. "What else does the judge want?"

 

"You know, evidences that my client really did not hit her husband. Aish! Where can I get that?" Myungsoo replied with a brief smile and a sip on his own drink. "By the way, what had been Yoona up to?"

 

Seohyun stopped from her tracks which caused for her best friend to do the same. "What about her?"

 

"She called me a few times last week. Asking if there's something going on with you. But I refused to say anything since I have no idea at all. Um, are you guys okay?" Ask Myungsoo worriedly. The least he wants to hear is his best friend having fight with her girlfriend. He definitely doesn't like to see her hurting.

 

"We are. We are fine. She's probably pulling a prank." Seohyun chuckled nervously. 'So she ask Myungsoo about me.' But it makes her realized what she had been doing is affecting her girlfriend. She was just pretending she's being patient.

 

"I know you, Seo Joohyun. And I know Yoona too. Please don't keep anything from me."

 

"You're indeed my best friend."

 

Myungsoo blocked Seohyun when she started walking again. "I'm serious."

 

"Yeah." Seohyun sighs. "And I'm serious also that you don't need to worry. Yoona is just bored being jobless right now. Don't believe her right away."

 

"Well." Myungsoo shrugs his shoulders.

 

Seohyun suddenly felt her phone vibrating on her pocket which she hastily checks. "Speaking of her." She smiled amusingly to her best friend. "Im Yoona." Before she answered her girlfriend's phone call.

 

[Change my mind. See you in your working place-]

 

"Wait, I'm not in the office. I'm in the court right now."

 

[Then I'll wait in your office. See you baby.]

 

The call ended just like that.

 

"Otoke." Seohyun got panic. She gives the iced tea to her best friend and hurried herself to the parking lot. She didn't even care if Myungsoo is calling her and reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter