Signs

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03

 

 

***

 

 

It took at least an hour and 45 minutes before Yoona have finished the laundry. She was tired as hell. But instead of complaining, she felt good to be doing it again. It's been a while since she last did it because of her missions left and right as NIS agent. She could imagine how stress Seohyun must be to be doing all the household chores by herself every time she's not around.

 

Sitting up from her lying position on the bed, she checks her casted her and noticed the stain of blood but she's no longer feeling pain like last night. 'Should I ask the doctor to replace this? Bu-but the drawing... ' she's a bit hesitant, as she can see the drawing of her dear girlfriend. It's her last memory of Seohyun, being that sweet and adorable. Her heart aches a bit as she pouted her lips.

 

Just as she thought of not going to the doctor, her phone rings and her doctor is calling. "He-hello doctor Kwon." She hesitantly answered the phone call.

 

[How is your arm doing, Agent Im?]

 

"It's fine."

 

[It didn't bleed?]

 

"Uh... it-"

 

[If it did, you should see me so I can check it and let's replace the cast. Or we really should cement your arm so it won't be easily hit.]

 

Yoona sighs deeply. "What if I refuse?"

 

[More chance of infections. So, it bleeds?]

 

"Y-Yes. But Doctor Kwon, I have a favor, my girlfriend drew on this and I don't want... to see it being removed." She bit her lower lip pouted.

 

[Let's just transfer it. Aigoo, she's that adorable.]

 

Yoona smiled and nodded. "Yes. It's a pity if I just throw this away."

 

[No problem about it. Come to my clinic around 3pm, okay?]

 

It took a couple of minutes before Yoona decided to agree. "Yes, see you later, Doctor Kwon." Upon hanging up, she fell on her back and sighs. But she hastily got up and headed downstairs. Seohyun is still in the living room, didn't even sense her presence. She went to the kitchen and prepare a snack for her. "Have some break first." And she announced as she went to the living room, holding the tray of cake and juice.

 

"Yoona." Seohyun looked up to the doe-eyed.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you have plans later?"

 

Yoona smiled and nodded.

 

"Where? And what time?" ask Seohyun curiously.

 

"Hospital. Around 3pm. Wae? Do you have an appointment again?" Yoona took the space beside her girlfriend on the sofa.

 

"Yes." Seohyun immediately shifted her eyes to the glass of juice and she took it.

 

"Where?" Yoona returned the question.

 

"Why are you going to the hospital?" Ask Seohyun rather, as she doesn't want to share her whereabouts.

 

"My arm bleeds. My doctor requested for me to come and see her. This might be cemented." Yoona sighs as she briefly looked down to her arm.

 

"Should I come?"

 

"No need... if you have another plan later. I can handle it." a reassuring bright smile appeared in Yoona's face. 'She didn't ask about her drawing?' But she also noticed that.

 

Seohyun smiled back and nodded before drinking on her juice. She returned to her work immediately. She however almost squeal when she felt something on her shoulder. She tilted her head and stares back to the doe-eyed.

 

"You see, you deserve a break too like me." said Yoona while massaging her girlfriend's shoulder with one hand. She felt bad for not doing the same on the opposite shoulder.

 

Seohyun just smile a little and returned to her files. It actually gives her fluttering heart but anxious at the same time as her mind crosses about the text message.

 

"What ae the cases are you studying?" Yoona asks not missing a beat.

 

"Violence, murder... and more violence." sighs Seohyun. "Most of them are victims that was being accused as the culprits... "

 

"Defense lawyer must be that stress."

 

"You can say so."

 

Yoona moved closer and was about to rest her head on her shoulder when Seohyun moved away.

 

"I-I... need to finish this early." Reasoned Seohyun, apologetically.

 

"Yeah, sure. No worries." Yoona was a bit hurt. She gets up and walked outside to their balcony. She let out a huge exhale and took a deep breath in and slowly relaxes. She turned her head back to the living room and can see how stress her girlfriend indeed. But she wasn't really that person back then, where she would just ignore her without showing aegyo or giving her kisses to make it up with her. "Aish, it was fine. She needs to concentrate. I need to give her that. There is more time of that." She shakes her head in order to stop herself from thinking she change and just grabs her book from the coffee table, use her time to read the book.

 

Waking up from another round of sleep, Yoona almost fell from her chair but the book fell successfully. She rubs her eyes and let out a huge yawn and at the same time feeling her stomach hungry. She gets up and walk inside just to see the living room empty. "She must be sleeping." mumbles her as she thought she finally finished some of the cases and went upstairs. She opened the door and walked inside to see her lovely wife, sleeping peacefully but is creating loud sounds. She giggles in amusement.

 

'It's past 12, did she eat?' She pulled the covers and joined her inside the comforter. "Baby." Sweetly she whispers.

 

"Hmm.. " Seohyun hummed on her sleep and turn her body to face her.

 

Yoona's lips automatically curved into a smile. "Look at her, still a baby face and smell like a baby. She just turned 30 yet she looks like a teenage woman." she fully face her and slowly got mesmerized by the beauty in front of her.

 

Slowly, she sneaks her hand beneath her neck and slowly push her arm forward so it's her she's using as a pillow and their faces are inch to inch, giving her warmth as she can feel her breathing. She closed her eyes and enjoyed it for a while until her phone on the night stand rings, reminding her of her appointment with the NIS' doctor.

 

'Guess what? I need to leave.' She thought a bit sad. 'But I'll be back before you know it.' She gently and lovingly places her pair of lips on her forehead and gives her girlfriend a delicate rub on her soft cheek. Seohyun's lips suddenly smile which also made her do the same. 'Ugh, I just want to stay here... watching you sleep.' But she got that lazy thoughts that it made her stay for few more minutes. Heck, she has no choice but to leave.

 

:::

 

 

Headache, feeling lazy and weak, Seohyun woke up after three hours of sleep. She took some time to just lay on the bed and wanders her mind. She couldn't help and think over on the dream she had, where she saw Yoona being punch and beat into pulp. But she's just watching, helplessly crying in the side.

 

Moments later, she checks her phone and see it's almost seven in the evening. She saw a note next to her phone and a text from Yoona can be read as: Be right back. Call me anytime when you need me.

 

"So, she has left to the hospital." She took her tie and ties her hair into a ponytail as she heads to the bathroom to get a pill for her headache. She had been experiencing it lately but she was only advised by the doctor to take it when she experienced it again.

 

Taking the toothbrush from the cup and a toothpaste, she started brushing her teeth while staring to her reflection to the mirror. The sudden ring on her phone took her by surprise but the thought of meeting him just made her fasten pace. She hurriedly returned to the bed and declined the call as she went to grab her towel and made her way back to the bathroom to have a shower.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Thanks Doctor Kwon." Thanked Yoona with a grateful smile. It took almost five hours to replace the cast with a cement and she's glad the drawing from the cast is still there like the doctor promised. Her eyes landed to the picture frame of the doctor and a little girl. "Your sister?" she asks softly.

 

"Yes. But she has left to a good place now." Yuri informed with a brief smile.

 

"Oh, s-sorry to hear that." Yoona immediately regretted.

 

"Don't hesitate to call me, okay? I have a lot of time for agents like you." said Yuri, as she took that paper bag from her desk, handing it to the doe-eyed. "Here, have some."

 

"What's this?" Yoona raise her eyebrows as she checks what's inside. Her eyes brighten to see a pack of jellies. "You still give this to your patients? I'm not a kid anymore, Doctor Kwon." she chuckles.

 

"Aish, you're like a kid too, off you go." Yuri hastily pushed the young agent out of her clinic. "Take care of your arm. I can't replace that anymore if you don't."

 

Yoona could only chuckle and just leave. She stopped however when she heard her phone beeps a couple of times. Knowing the tune too well, she hastily took her phone out and eyes widened a little to see the tracker of her girlfriend is moving. "She's on the move." She hurriedly sends her friends a message and runs all the way out of the hospital.

 

30 minutes later, a van pulled in front of her and Hyo opens the door hastily so she can step inside and Taeyeon drives off like she's kidnapping Yoona, as she speeds off.

 

"Where's Sunny?" Ask Yoona when she noticed there's only four of them.

 

"She's busy, presenting some new devices to the board of directors." Hyoyeon explained.

 

"So where is she heading?" Sooyoung ask, taking a look behind her where Yoona is sitting next to Hyo.

 

"The tracker can't tell. Maybe when we get closer with her. Unnie, please make a shortcut if you know any." Yoona advice the eldest girl of the group.

 

"Hold into your seats then." Taeyeon warned and just like that, she pressed the gas pedal hard. Sooyoung and the rest, hold too tight into their respective seat belts.

 

30 minutes into their ride, they're almost catching up on Seohyun until they meet a traffic jam.

 

"Ugh, I can't count the cars ahead of us from her." Sooyoung groaned and gets impatient.

 

"Yoona-ah, I ask Doctor Shin about what you notice over your girlfriend lately. And here's her reply." Hyoyeon shared her phone to the doe-eyed which got Taeyeon and Sooyoung's attention from their seats.

 

Doctor Shin: Those signs give me a thought of... pregnancy. But I can be wrong. I mean, there are psychological meaning of that also. Ask Doctor Jung about that if you need more explanation.

 

"What?" Yoona gasps. "I don't think she's pregnant." She strongly and defensively reacted.

 

"Did she ever vomit?" Ask Taeyeon, as it got her curious as well.

 

"Nope. It was only last night... because she drunk a lot."

 

"It really can't be. She should be sensitive with smell, right?" Sooyoung raises her eyebrows at the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona pause as she recalls what are the events, she saw her girlfriend got sensitive with smell. But it only thought of her about the fine dust and noise cancelling through the radio. "I don't think she's sensitive with smell as well. She gets frustrated, mad, jumpy, anxious sometimes... and really, she doesn't want me to touch her? Also, she got excited over the fruits."

 

"Then she's not pregnant." Hyoyeon concluded. "There's a psychological meaning of this. We need to ask Doctor Jung then." She giggles, as it means, it's her girlfriend.

 

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona both rolled their eyes.

 

"And to think, Yoona and her girlfriend seems haven't done it." Hyoyeon added which made Taeyeon and Sooyoung as Yoona knock her head.

 

"We have! So many times, already!" Yoona defensively informed. "I just can't get her pregnant."

 

Everyone laughs hysterically.

 

"Aish, whatever." shrugging her shoulders, Yoona looked outside and hopes the signs aren't as serious as it seems.

 

-

 

After an hour and a half, they finally got closer to Seohyun's car, which is actually moving slow unlike the others.

 

"Is she intentionally driving slow?" Yoona wonders. The tracker couldn't tell still where is she heading because of how slow her girlfriend is driving. Seems like she's being hesitant to go to her appointment? 'She's thinking twice.'

 

"She's thinking whether she will continue or not." Taeyeon reads what's in Yoona's mind.

 

"Hmm, this gets interesting." mumbles Sooyoung while she's rubbing, he chins, eyes not leaving the back of the car Seohyun is driving.

 

"At times like this, she's supposed to be making us dinner." Yoona couldn't help and mention especially that she hasn't eaten too.

 

"If she turns to the right intersection, I'm thinking she's going to a hotel. But if she goes to the left, maybe the law firm. Am I right, Yoong?" Hyo guesses, as she thought there are a lot of hotels on the other side and the law firm Seohyun is working is apparently getting closer as well.

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon's eyes widened. "Yah, Kim Hyoyeon!" Both yelled at her.

 

"What? Is it wrong to think like that?" Hyo got defensive.

 

"Who... will she... meet in the hotel?" Yoona ask carefully as her heartbeats got faster. Imagination runs wild as she thinks of her girlfriend meeting someone in a hotel.

 

"How would I know?" Hyoyeon chuckles. "But don't think too much, okay?" she patted her shoulder and cheek, flashing a friendly smile.

 

Yoona sighs heavily. 'No way she will turn to the right. Or she can u-turn if she changes her mind.' She thought as she shifted her eyes back to the car. 'I hope she's fine though.'

 

Everyong got surprised when a loud ringing of a smartphone broke the silence in the car. Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Hyo looked at the doe-eyed who is spacing out at the moment.

 

"Yah, Im Yoona! Get your phone call!" Taeyeon called out the youngest agent.

 

"Oh, ah, mianhe." Yoona hastily took her smartphone from her pocket and widened her eyes a little to read her girlfriend's caller ID. "Shshshshs... " But she hushes them immediately and pressed the phone against her ear. "Baby." answered her.

 

[You still in the hospital?]

 

"Y-yes. Um, I'll be-"

 

[I'll fetch you. Let's have dinner outside.]

 

"Chincha?" Yoona is surprised. "I-I mean, yeah sure." and she rubs her chest to calm herself.

 

[I love you.]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter