It Started That Night

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01

 

***

 

 

Yoona, a NIS agent has been away for a week due to series of missions that was assigned to her. But in the middle of it, she got shot on her left arm and was force to be pull out from the mission. Thinking she will worry her girlfriend if she calls her, she decided to return home without telling her.

 

"Surprise! I'm back! Yeah, I got an accident and needs to wear this cast for a week or weeks. Ugh." She groaned as she practiced in the elevator to ready herself once she sees her. She composed herself again and pulled up the plastic bag she's holding on her right hand. "Tada! Bought your favorite fruits and cake, baby! Isn't this what you always crave?! I miss you baby." She shamelessly ended it which made her whine and turn her body around to face the wall. She pressed her head against it and take her time to think of any explanation with her sudden return.

 

"Why is this hard?" She mumbles, bumping her head a little on the wall a few times. "It's just my girlfriend not my mother neither my father. It's indeed my girlfriend but she gets mad that easy. Aish." Turning her body around, she sighs exhaustingly as her eyes landed to the number floor.

 

'Why did I end up buying a penthouse?' She asks herself while pouting. 'Ahh... Yeah... I'm living with her.' Her foolish smile return recalling how she ask Seohyun to live with her.

 

Flashback...

 

"Joohyun-ah."

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun is busy with some files on her desk when she heard Yoona's voice which made her head turn to the door, to see her peeking. Her sweet smile automatically formed in her face. "Yoongie-ah." She greeted her without leaving her desk. "Are you done with work out?"

 

Walking inside, Yoona nodded. "Yes." She flopped into her bed and sighs so loud. "Didn't you attend work today?" She felt stress almost immediately when she saw the pile of papers on the desk. Her girlfriend is a lawyer and has to deal with different cases especially divorced cases.

 

"I did. But I have to finish some at home." Seohyun replied as she returned to where she left of. "I'll be done here in a while."

 

"Of course." Yawn Yoona so big. She flipped her body so she can lay on her back, staring at the ceiling with a blank face.

 

"Heard about your new director. What will happen to Director Kim?" Ask Seohyun casually without leaving her eyes on her work.

 

"She'll be transferred. Yah! How about living in one roof?" Yoona ask as it suddenly crosses her mind. She flipped over again so she can face her while she's supportint herself with her elbows. "I mean, your brother is living in next bedroom. Your parents downstairs. It feels a little crowded. But it's up to you."

 

Seohyun dropped her pen when she heard it. Her eyes then stirred to her girlfriend on the bed. She take a moment of silence as she thinks it over before she asks her. "You're living with your parents too. Where do you think we should live?"

 

"Omo, so you're considering my suggestion?" Yoona hastily shot up to take her seat on the bed. "Actually a friend of mine is a real estate dealer. She offered me the penthouse in Seoul. I... am planning to buy it if you agree to live with me."

 

"Isn't penthouse that expensive?" Seohyun gasped upon hearing it. "How about an apartment?"

 

"Will buy a penthouse not apartment. It's better to buy a place than to keep renting on an apartment. I actually have a loan, we can use that."

 

"Seriously? Let's buy it. Don't buy it yourself."

 

"No. It's on me. Come on, is it a deal or no deal? You don't have to worry about spending money for it. Um, just the stuffs for the place I guess." Chuckled Yoona.

 

Seohyun is speechless. But she finds herself smiling and nodding. Either way, she had been thinking of living on her own too.

 

"Yes!" Yoona jumped off of the bed and rushed to give her girlfriend a back hug. "I love you." She said as she kissed her cheek.

 

"I'll buy our things, okay?"

 

"No problem."

 

Seohyun smiled back and peck on Yoona's lips. "I love you too."

 

Yoona giggles and pulled her up so she can drag her to the bed.

 

"Yah, I still have to finish my work." Seohyun complained.

 

"I know. Just giving you some break." Yoona reasoned as she pushed her girlfriend to the bed so she's sitting on the edge of it.

 

"Ugh, I will fall a... Sleep... " Seohyun couldn't complain anymore when the doe-eyed began to massage her shoulders.

 

"You deserve some relaxation too you know. Being a lawyer is too stressful." Yoona softly utters.

 

Fluttering, Seohyun smile in satisfaction. Her eyes close unconsciously as she enjoy the massage. "You better not put me to sleep." She however warns.

 

"I am going to do this every night. Especially when we are in our penthouse." Yoona whispers dreamily says, sending her girlfriend some chills down her spine.

 

"Thanks baby." Whispers Seohyun back.

 

End of flashback...

 

 

*ding*

 

Yoona jumped in surprised when she heard it as it automatically gives her nervous heartbeats. She couldn't leave the lift right away as she stayed it there for a couple of minutes. But as the lift starts to close, she hastily blocks it and walked out.

 

"As if I have a choice. I got shot and there's nothing she can do also." She walks ahead and stopped on the only door of the last floor. Punching the passcode of the door, she walked inside but quickly she lowered herself while making her way inside. But much to her surprised, it sounds like the house is empty. "Joohyun? Seobaby? My baby seo? Are here already?" She proceeds to the kitchen but there's no one.

 

"She should be, here wasn't she? It's 6pm." Heading out, she went upstairs and check her office only to find it empty as well. "She's not in our room, that's for sure." As she opens the bedroom, she predicted it well. So, she practices for nothing. But it got her a bit strange. Seohyun normally got off work 4pm and arrived home around 6pm.

 

Making her way down stairs, she put the plastic bag on the coffee table to take her seat on the sofa and took her phone out. The last message she received from her was last night. An audio of her singing a lullaby for her to put on sleep.

 

"Aigoo, I didn't even message her good morning." She noticed and typed on her message but only to delete it. "No. She shouldn't know I'm back earlier than expected." So she moves to the other messages. And she stopped in Myungsoo's convo with him. He's her best friend, working on the same firm as her.

 

"Let's see." Grinning, she type her message and sent it right away.

 

Seohyun is still at work?

 

Myungsoo: Why are you asking me?

 

You're working the same firm as her. Just want to know if she's still there.

 

Myungsoo: why don't you ask her?

 

"Aish, just tell me idiot." She mumbles and send the same words she utters.

 

Myungsoo: Yes. She's in her office. Still busy. She's supposed to leave by now.

 

"I knew it. She's overworking again." Sighing disappointingly Yoona just put her phone down and leaned her back on the sofa. She however shot up immediately ans grin when an idea pop-up on her head. But that means, she needs patience in order to bring her a homemade dinner with her left arm being casted. "Well, I can do all things." With that confident on her face, she rushed to the kitchen and immediately get all the ingredients for the meal she's planning to make for her girlfriend. A way also for her to not get mad over a broken arm.

 

 

:::

 

 

After getting off of the can, Yoona took a deep breath first and exhales slowly before she walked inside the building. She bowed to the front desk who knew her already as she proceeds to the lift, pressing 8 as the floor number of her girlfriend's office. But a total of five employees walked inside before it started going up.

 

She received a message earlier from her girlfriend telling her she's going to have an overnight stay in her office. Seohyun demands her for a selfie to make her night but she sent an old pic rather than recent. It made Seohyun sent a mad emoji which is making her smile like a fool at the moment.

 

*ding*

 

As soon as they arrived at the 8th floor, she casually walked out along with the others but got nervous when she realized she's getting nearer and nearer until she's in front of her office.

 

Bracing herself, she knocked on the door twice.

 

"Come in." Came Seohyun's simple response only.

 

Clearing , Yoona peek inside first. "Joohyun-ah." She greeted her loud enough with a sweet smile.

 

Seohyun looked up from her work to Yoona. "What the heck are you doing here?" She literally raise her voice in surprise.

 

"Hehehe... Surprise!" Yoona stepped inside and smile neevously. "You miss me, didn't you?" And she teased.

 

Seohyun abruptly stood up as her eyes tripled when her eyes caught the attention of hee girlfriend's casted arm. "Wha... What happened to that?" And she drugs her slippers towards her right away to see it closer.

 

"Y-yeah, I... Got into an accident. Um, the reason I am home earlier than expected."

 

"Accident? What kind of accident?" It got Seohyun worried right away. She immediately check her face, head, shoulders, her other arm, back and so as her legs.

 

"Uh, I'm fine, baby. It's just my arm-"

 

"JUST YOUR ARM? YAH! IT'S BROKEN! Tell me what accident did this to you?"

 

Yoona was caught off guard but she expected it. She will really be mad especially that she had been telling her to quit her dangerous job. "I'm fine, okay? I'll be fine in a few weeks." She tried to hug her but she stepped back.

 

"You're lying, aren't you?" Seohyun squinted her eyes.

 

"What?" Yoona cough and chuckle. "Of course not."

 

"Then tell me how did this happened?"

 

Yoona sighs in defeat. "I got shot."

 

"YOU GOT SHOT? Like a bu-bullet hitting your arm?" Seohyun hysterically reacted.

 

"Yes."

 

"Aish!" Going back to her desk, Seohyun picked up her phone on her desk.

 

"What are you doing?" Yoona immediately followed the young lawyer as she place the bag of the meals to her desk.

 

"I'm calling your director."

 

"For what?"

 

"You are quiting." Seohyun firmly announced. She pressed the call button right away when she found Director Jung's caller ID.

 

Yoona snatched her phone. "Are you kidding me?"

 

"Give me that, Im Yoona."

 

"No! I'm not quiting."

 

"Yah! This is what I am telling you." Seohyun whined. She had been afraid of the day for Yoona to get hurt and now it happened. "Please just quit baby."

 

"You're just overreacting!" Yoona said as a matter of fact. "It was just a mistake. I didn't get to see the bullet. But this will be the last time. I promise. If I get shot again then I will quit." But to comfort her girlfriend, she made up her mind.

 

"Yoona... Please!!!" Seohyun whines more. She's so near of crying but she's trying her best to control it.

 

Stepping forwars and wrap one arm on her back, Yoona whispers, "Promise. I will be more careful now... But if I get shot again... I will do what I have said earlier." She rubs her back gently. "So, please... Don't worry about me. Don't be mad anymore... Took a deep breath... And exhale slowly... Deep breath... And exhale... " She ends up instructing her and Seohyun is doing it obediently to calm herself. "Deep breath... And exhale... "

 

"You promise." Seohyun softly says.

 

"Yes." Yoona slowly pulled back and smile. "Smile now my little hyunnie. Smile." She teases.

 

"I hate you." Seohyun pouted but smile eventually. She then hug her again. "You really got me worried. But I'm thankful nothing happened besides that. I can't imagine if it's more than that." She sighs in relief.

 

"I know. I'm sorry." Yoona apologizes sincerely.

 

"You brought me something?" Seohyun finally noticed the bag on her desk. She slowly let go of the hug and opened the bag. "Dinner?"

 

"You haven't eaten, have you?" A smug smile appeared in Yoona's face.

 

Seohyun eventually feels her sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter