NIS

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

08

 

 

***

 

 

After bidding farewell with her colleagues, Yoona and Seohyun walked in hand in hand inside the apartment building, feeling excited to have dinner again together, as if it's the first time to do it. They're like the happiest couple, smiling and whispering to each other until they reached their penthouse.

 

"Doctor Kwon." But only to see an unexpected guess, waiting patiently for them.

 

"You guys finally arrived." Yuri greeted brightly as she smiled to Seohyun. "I believe we haven't introduced each other. I'm Kwon Yuri, resident doctor of NIS in Seoul Hospital." she decided to introduce herself first before the doe-eyed can do.

 

"Seohyun." The young lawyer introduced herself as well as she accepted a shake hand with Yuri.

 

"So, what's up?" ask Yoona curiously.

 

"It's been almost three weeks since you give me a visit. I'm here to check in your arm and to see if it's fine now to get that strap support on your arm."

 

"Yeah, I actually feel burdened with this and my shoulder feel little hurt. Especially when I do a lot of running."

 

"Um, I think we should head inside. It's inappropriate to talk about that outside." suggested Seohyun. She stepped forward to the door and unlock it. "Feel at home, Doctor Kwon." she softly added flashing a bright smile to the mentioned doctor as she proceeds to the kitchen.

 

Whilst, Yoona and Yuri took their seats on the sofa.

 

"It doesn't feel pain anymore. Just the shoulder part." Yoona immediately informed as Yuri unclasped the strapped of her arm. She checks her arm and gently move it up and down.

 

"Do you feel anything?" Yuri asks as she looked at the young agent in the eyes.

 

"Nope. I think it's healing fast." a big choding smile forms in Yoona's lips.

 

"Did you take your meds every day?"

 

Yoona's smile disappear as she shoke her head gently, feeling guilty.

 

"Aish, this is far from healing if you're skipping it. It's just felt numb today but who knows in the coming days. Should I ask your girlfriend to remind you always?" Yuri playfully ask at the end earning a clearing of throats nearby.

 

Yoona and Yuri's head eventually turned their heads together to the side. There, Seohyun is stand with a try of cup of tea.

 

"I keep on telling her every morning, doctor Kwon. I'm not aware she's not following me." Seohyun saif as a matter of fact. Despite how busy she was recently she makes sure to leave a note on the night stand.

 

Yoona chuckled amusingly. "It's not all the time, baby."

 

"What?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows.

 

"I-I mean I forgot. Hehe." said Yoona as she shamelessly smiled.

 

"Aigoo, you better take it every day starting tomorrow. Anyway, can you move your arm?" Yuri proceeds with another check-up.

 

Yoona gently moves it upwards but it stings that she had to return it back. "It hurts still indeed." she grinned.

 

"See? Don't move it around too much and don't use the strap yet to relax your shoulders. But if you feel like it's fine, do as you please, just always be careful." Yuri advised and took a sip of her tea.

 

"Is it’s alright Doctor Kwon to soak this? Because she sometimes does." Seohyun asks in concern.

 

"No. You can't." firmly Yuri replied.

 

"Why not? It gets dirty. And the drawing should be clean always." Yoona reasoned which made Seohyun pinch her cheek.

 

"Don't worry about it. You should worry for your arm to heal." said Seohyun and shakes her head a little.

 

"Anyway, I think that should be it. I only came to check your arm Yoona. Thanks for the tea, Seohyun-ssi."

 

"Why don't you have dinner with us?" offers Yoona couldn't just let the friend doctor to leave.

 

"Nah, I'm fine. Just call me if that bleeds or you're out of the meds. We'll send right away." Yuri declined softly with a friendly smile. She got up which made the couple get up as well and walk her to the door. "See you again." she waves at them as they also wave back before she left to the lift.

 

Going back inside, Seohyun couldn't help and let out a huge sigh of relief. She throws her body to the sofa and smile to her girlfriend looking at her confusedly.

 

"Wae?" Yoona softly asks, taking the space next to her girlfriend.

 

Seohyun didn't think twice and moved to lie down and use Yoona's lap as a pillow. "Just feel so good tonight." She softly says, still smiling.

 

Yoona raised her brows while looking down at her girlfriend.

 

"Who would have thought you will figure that out? I mean, that number on my phone, he had been spying me since then. But I wasn't even aware." Seohyun is grateful for her NIS girlfriend. "Thanks, baby."

 

"Not surprising he sent an assassin to you. So yeah, that also confirms the CEO is the leader of that group. Ugh, I'm so eager to catch them already." Yoona said frustratingly.

 

"Patience. We need a right timing."

 

"What kind of timing?"

 

Seohyun thought for a while then smiled meaningfully.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

"Once I submit the charges. And get a warrant of arrest against them, that's the right timing."

 

"When?"

 

"Maybe in two days?"

 

"Eh?"

 

Seohyun chuckles. "Just wait, okay. I just needed a little time and we'll definitely submit it everything and get them to prison."

 

"They have plans too. You better be faster." Yoona reminded which cause Seohyun to nod her head.

 

Seohyun close her eyes and got quiet.

 

"Are you going to sleep now?" Yoona wonders.

 

"Just give me some time to relax first." says Seohyun softly. She loves being close with her girlfriend. It makes her feel so warm inside. At the same time, always feels at home with her. They're not yet married but Yoona is definitely the last person she'll go home at the end of the day. She's overwhelmed by her love that's true since college. She definitely couldn't imagine herself without her.

 

A little smile formed in Yoona's lips as she decided to give it to her girlfriend. She gently tucks her hair behind her ear and her hair. Her heart flutters as she admires the beauty on her lap. They're maybe opposite to one another but they definitely have one thing in common, love. They love other more than anyone in the word.

 

"You coming to my life is the best thing that happens in my existence, Seohyun. I feel so grateful and special that it's you the Lord has given to me." softly Yoona whispered.

 

Seohyun smiled as her heart flutters. She doesn't know why she's telling it to her but she's bringing it to her heart.

 

"No one can deny the fact how much I love you." added Yoona as she leaned down and kissed her forehead lovingly.

 

Opening her eyes, Seohyun smiled sweetly and lovingly to the pair of doe-eyes before her. With just their eye contacts, they know exactly what's inside their minds as their lips meet halfway. For a couple of seconds, they kiss passionately, their feelings act accordingly.

 

As they parted, they peck on each other's lips and smile sweetly.

 

"I'll get the dinner ready." Announced Seohyun, jumping off of the sofa and runs animatedly to their kitchen.

 

A satisfied sigh escapes in Yoona's lips while she's still smiling from ear to ear. 'I should propose to her soon.' She thought at the back of her head.

 

 

:::

 

 

Walking out of their bedroom after having a shower and change her clothes into pajamas, Seohyun look around the living room in search of the doe-eyed but only to see her outside, doing something on their table. She walked out and find out she had her phone open at the back and seems like fixing or trying to find anything. "I thought his message was only that spy me?" ask her, pulling the chair across her and took her seat.

 

"I watched the video." Yoona revealed as she slowly finds her girlfriend's gazes towards her. "And I found out he did something on your phone while you're not under his spell."

 

Seohyun had her eyes widened. "You-you... watched it? You-"

 

"Don't worry, I skipped a lot. And I was holding into my seat so I could control myself from throwing curses on him." Yoona playfully explained but the truth is, it boiled her and she's so eager to punch him in the face. "So yeah, I'm trying to see what did he did to your phone." she flashes a bright smile.

 

"Oh, okay... " Seohyun smiled in relieved. "B-but... can I still use it? It looked like you have... entirely opened it."

 

"I got you a new phone." Yoona didn't hesitate and she informed.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yes, it's in your desk."

 

"Aish, how could you buy without telling me?" Seohyun glared at the doe-eyed, couldn't believe it.

 

Yoona chuckles and just return her attention to the phone. "Not sure about this though. But, let's see if I can see some strange devices here." she mumbles.

 

"Aigoo, do you also do that besides going to missions?" ask Seohyun doesn't have any idea. She crossed her arms and leaned into her seat. She's quietly impressed of her girlfriend.

 

"Sometimes, our agency has taught us how to make tracking devices and other weapons."

 

"What will your parents’ reaction once they see me in your working place?" Seohyun doesn't know if it will be alright knowing her girlfriend's parents are aware of her constant nag on their daughter to quit her job.

 

Yoona looked up and smile. "They'll be a happy."

 

"Are you sure about that?"

 

"Yes... because they're the two who suggested it."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun widened her eyes slightly as it took her by surprise. "I thought it's you only who hired me?"

 

"Nope." Yoona shakes her head. "I just received a notice from Appa and who am I to go against?" she grinned widely.

 

"Wow." Speechless, Seohyun just blink and blink as she processes what she learned.

 

"No worries about sending a resignation letter to your law firm as well, I already submitted on behalf of you earlier." continued Yoona, smiling proudly at her girlfriend.

 

"Aish, I still have to return though. I haven't brought my stuffs here."

 

"No need also, I ask someone to bring it home."

 

"Seriously?"

 

"Yes, seriously." Yoona giggles.

 

Seohyun scoffs in disbelief. "I can't with you. But you know what? This will trigger them. But I'm ready for anything." she smiled and flipped her hair playfully.

 

"Same." Going back to the phone, Yoona finally saw something strange that was being stick. It's just liked a sticker but as she took it, there's a small lighting bulb that was blinking continuously. "Aish, what a devil man." she didn't think twice and she dropped it on the ground and stepped on it.

 

"Omo. That was the tracking device?" Seohyun wasn't even able to see it.

 

"Now he can't spy you or me." Yoona smirk briefly earning a light hit from her girlfriend. She pulled her gently for a one arm hug and whispers, "I can't wait for this to be over so we can finally be back to normal."

 

Seohyun sighs and wrap her arms around her girlfriend's neck. "Thank you for not leaving me." she softly says as a response. "I don't know what will happen if we end up parting. Thank you."

 

Yoona smiled and kissed her cheek lovingly. "Thank you for being the tougher, I'm actually admiring you more."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun giggles and pulled back a little.

 

"Chincha." pecking on her lips, Yoona giggles back and Seohyun automatically responded with a peck as well. They hug once again and took all the time to live in the moment.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun groaned in frustration when she heard constant ringing nearby that. Sensing it's not hers, she the side and opened her eyes little, "Take the call." she told Yoona who is sleeping next to her. But her voice is a bit low that she had to push her. "Take the phone baby!" whined her, turned her body on the opposite side. She grabs the extra pillow and cuddle with it instead.

 

Yoona groaned as she got awaken slowly. She turned to the night stand and tried to open her eyes. Her phone is indeed ringing so loud. "Ugh, who would call me so early?" mumbles her while she forcefully lifted her free hand to reach the phone. She just lazily pressed the answer button through her left hand and answered it lowly. "Whoever you are I'm sleeping." mumbles her as she ended it right away. But before she can put it back, it rings again.

 

"Aish." Seohyun hissed and she turned to snatch the phone from her girlfriend's hand. "Yah, we're sleeping!" she shouted unconsciously to whoever is in the phone.

 

[Check the tv.]

 

Seohyun just ended the phone call and tossed it on the night stand, going back to cuddle with Yoona. They both tried to return to their dreamland together but the ringing got double when Seohyun's phone also rings. They both let go of each other and took their respective phones.

 

"I'm checking the tv." Seohyun said in annoyance, ending the call right away.

 

"What's freaking the problem?" Yoona also greeted the caller with annoyance.

 

[Check the news on the tv. Right now!]

 

Yoona's eyes widened upon hearing her father's voice which really woke her. But before she can comply, Seohyun has their tv. "What's happening?" she rubs her eyes as she got off of the bed and went to Seohyun's side, who is apparently standing in front of the tv.

 

News: Protesters are outside the apartment building of NIS agent, demanding to quit her job after an article was published about her being a hot-temper and using her job to bully innocent people.

 

"No way." Yoona gasps after reading the text on the tv screen, she rushed to take her phone and check the news online while Seohyun is apparently speechless and in the process to grasp the accusation news about her girlfriend. "Who the ... "

 

"Go Joon. That bastard." Seohyun finally finds her voice and she turned to Yoona. "I knew he has something on his sleeve to get it back on me and it's now happening."

 

"This isn't even true!" Yoona strongly defended herself. All the photos on the social where she was captured fighting with seemed like 'innocent people' are all lies. She remembers the picture but it was a group of gangs. "The photos are edited, baby."

 

"I know. But we can't defend you right now if we can't provide an original pic of when this happened. Do you remember when did this happened? Are there any bystanders that took photos? The place is in Myeondong we can get CCTVs there... but you have to remember the exact date." ask Seohyun hastily, so they could get back on that day and trace

 

"Ugh, this was... " Yoona sighs heavily, taking a seat on the edge of the bed as she takes her time to recall the date of the fight.

 

Seohyun took a seat next to her and she uses the image to search it online. However, she couldn't find a matching photo.

 

"I thinkI need to go to that place. The angle of the photos, it looked like it was being captured by that pastry shop." Yoona couldn't figure what date but she realized the picture is being taken by a well-known store.

 

"A pastry shops?"

 

"Yes, that italian pastry shop? The photos tell me... it was taken by there. I just don't know if it's indeed from there."

 

"Then why don't we investigate there?" suggested Seohyun, as she felt so determined to help her girlfriend. She's feeling bad a little knowing it's because of her why some accusations are thrown on her.

 

"No, I'll go with my friends instead. We're still going to the HQ, aren't we? My parents - no, the entire agency is looking forward to see you there."

 

"But this case is related-"

 

"It's on me, okay? You have to report to the agency."

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes and sighs. "Fine. But you call me once you got something, okay?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter