Danger

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

06

 

 

***

 

 

"What's up guys?" A bright greet came from Yoona as she meets with her friends in a cafe after being dropped by her own girlfriend. "Oh, where's Taeyeon Unnie?" But she noticed someone's missing. Sunny is back with Hyo as Sooyoung continued to spy in the law firm.

 

"She was assigned to join the team you were supposed to be." Informed Sunny as she took the envelope from the bag.

 

"Omo, the hypnotist mission?" Yoona gasps. "She replaces me on the team?"

 

"They're meeting a guy named Jin hee who contacted Agent Hwang and me for a meet up. He said he wanted to tell us everything if we give us what he wanted."

 

"Which is?"

 

"Support his sons tuition fee." Sunny replied this time.

 

"And you guys agreed to it?" Yoona couldn't believe. "It could be like a scam you know. It's him who called, isn't that suspicious?" and she believes the man has more reasons to call them.

 

"We did a background check and what he said was true. Only thing that's uncertain is he's part of the group. But let's give it a shot. There's nothing be afraid of when we have the best agents." Hyoyeon confidently said.

 

Yoona nodded as she understood. "Good thing Taeyeon Unnie is there. But why are we here? I thought-"

 

"We just have to share this with you since you haven't opened your laptopn since your honeymoon." Sunny interupted the younger agent's words as she pushed the envelope closer to her.

 

"Is this what Hyo have been telling me?" Yoona opened the envelope slowly and took all the pictures out. Her eyes slightly widened as she recognized her Uncle right away but as her eyes landed to the jeju mission, it doubles and it makes him feel betrayed. "How... how dare he..." he holds the picture tightly as her anger slowly build in her.

 

"I know right? He wanted to bring you down and the NIS by killing you first... " Hyoyeon explained what's on the picture. "This could be his intention why he got into the same law firm as your girlfriend."

 

"Damn him." Yoona cursed as he couldn't forgive what he did to her. "The NIS needs to know about this."

 

"Yoona, also we have traced the credit card transactions from the day your girlfriend changed her mind when she was supposed to see someone." Sunny proceed with papers on hand. "We can't tell who is she meeting that day but see for yourself."

 

Yoona snatched the papers right away and check everything. There are three people in the firm who has booked their selves in a hotel, including Myungsoo her girlfriend's best friend. "What the heck?" which gives her a skipped a beat of her heart.

 

"Myungsoo was there for around the same time we stalk Seohyun and later left around 10pm." Sunny mentioned as she pointed to the particular time. "The CEO is almost on the same time we stalked Seohyun but he booked himself after Seohyun change her mind whilst Siwon, he was there since 4 in the afternoon and only left the following morning. All these guys weren't in the same hotel but they're close with each other."

 

"We have to ask Sooyoung to check these guys phone so we can have conclusion who Seoyun was supposed to meet."

 

Yoona sighs deeply. She took a glance to her wallpaper on her phone and reminds herself of Seohyun's assuring words that she's not cheating. But with all the information she's learning, she's back on her doubts.

 

"Don't take this as a way to think she's cheating. Let's treat this mission as a way to find the truth. So, we can tell how to help her." Sunny softly said as she can see the obvious confused look of the doe-eyed and she thinks she's thinking twice of Seohyun's feelings for her.

 

"Sunny is right. The fact that Siwon is just around him means there's really something going on other than cheating." Hyoyeon agreed without a doubt with Sunny.

 

"Thanks guys. I know I should consider any possible scenario. Okay, let's keep investigating until we formed the puzzles in our minds." Yoona flashes a sincere smile. She's grateful for her friends and for their quick action to know the truth.

 

"I know this may sound stupis but you have to get into her phone too, Yoong. In that way we can tell who called her that day." Hyoyeon suggested seriously.

 

"Okay. The thing is, I don't know her passcode." Yoona got a problem.

 

"Chincha?" Sunny and Hyo both exclaimed.

 

"You've been dating for like almost a decade and you don't know?" Sunny chuckled in disbelief.

 

"It's not like that. You know we sometimes fight. Seohyun when she's mad she always make sure to get her revenge, so yeah, it's been three months now since I have last accessed her phone." Yoona sheepishly and apologetically explained. She sighs deeply and pouted cutely.

 

"That's so bad for Seohyun." Sunny shakes her head.

 

"Well then ask her about it. You guys aren't fighting anymore, are you?" Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows while smiling in amusement.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "I'll ask her later tonight then."

 

"So, let's tell Sooyoung about the plan." Taking her phone out, Hyo message their other friend from the firm casually and Sooyoung responded hastily.

 

"Come on, we still need to stalk again." Sunny ushered as she gets up first and the two followed her to the van.

 

 

:::

 

 

It had been an hour and half since Sooyoung got the new order yet she couldn't still get the chance to enter the lawyers that was involved into the case. All of them are busy inside their respective offices that only their secretaries who are entering and exiting the offices.

 

"What's the update?" Hyo's voice was heard out of a sudden on her earpiece which took her by surprise.

 

"Nothing. Everyone is busy." Sooyoung replied in a low voice.

 

"Seohyun is busy too?" Yoona's ask after hearing it.

 

"Hmm? I haven't seen her since I got here."

 

"What?" Everyone in the van exclaimed at the same.

 

"Yah, Yoona, you just arrived in the cafe, aren't you?" Sooyoung almost took her earpiece and throw it away.

 

"No. I mean, it was already almost two hours since I meet up with Hyo and Sunny Unnie." Answered Yoona with a little sigh. "I think she meet with a traffic?"

 

"Did you turned off your tracker?"

 

"Omo, indeed." Yoona hastily opened her phone and opened the app. It's just her girlfriend's number so she can trace her wherever she goes. Hyo sitting next to her raises her eyebrows as they looked into each other's eyes. "She seems not going to the firm yet. She's going somewhere."

 

"Go follow her then. I'll update later when I got in." Said Sooyoung as she decided to turn off her earpiece. She re spying the lawyers, hopefully will have at least two of the lawyers they're suspecting.

 

Sunny who got the tracker connected to the gps of the van the engine and drives off. They are slow for a couple of minutes then got faster when they reached the high way.

 

"Did she mention if she's going to meet anyone before going to work, Yoong?" ask Sunny from the driver's seat.

 

"She didn't. She only mentioned going home early." Yoona informed as her eyes are stuck on the dot blinking. "She's heading to the Han River bridge."

 

"Why does... this feels like she's going to the same address as the NIS team are apparently at?" Hyoyeon guesses as she feels weird on Seohyun's destination.

 

"No way. There's a lot of places there she could meet with a client." chuckled Yoona couldn't agree with her friend.

 

"Well, I'm just guessing." said Hyo as she gigle.

 

Moments later, they arrived at a cafe again but much to their dismay, it wasn't Seohyun who walked out the car, it was Seohyun's mother.

 

"Eh? Did she leave her phone inside the car?" Sunny asks in behalf of the two agents.

 

"It looked like she met with her mom and Mrs. Seo borrowed the car. So, she probably forgot to bring her phone." Hyoyeon could imagine what she said.

 

"Hold on, I'll call her." Yoona quickly pressed the call button on her girlfriend's caller ID when they saw Mrs. Seo returned to the car after ordering few drinks and a box of cake. It took only a couple of seconds when she heard Seohyun's mother's voice. "Seo Omma?"

 

[Oh Yoona, it's nice to hear your voice.]

 

"Where's Seohyun?" ask her without missing a beat.

 

[She left her phone in the car. I actually borrowed the car.]

 

"Did she proceed to the law firm?"

 

[No, she's at home playing with her nephew.]

 

Yoona didn't expect to hear it. "Chincha? She never mentioned she will visit you guys."

 

[She's just visiting for a while though. She'll go to her work later. Why don't you join us? I mean, I bought a cake and drinks for us.]

 

"Is someone having a birthday?"

 

[No.] Mrs. Seo chuckles softly. [I just thought of buying these since it's been a while. Aigoo, I'll see you at home then.]

 

"O-okay. I mean, see you later, Omma." With that bright response, Yoona ended the call and turned her attention to her friends. "She's in my in-law's house. That sneaky little one, didn't even ask me to join her."

 

"So, I was wrong." Hyoeon stands corrected earning a flick on her forehead from the doe-eyed.

 

"Let's drop you to your in-laws then." Sunny announced as she carefully drives off, following the car closely.

 

-

 

[Oh, my daughter has left to work.] Mrs. Seo called Yoona after learning from her husband their daughter left without her car.

 

"No worries, Omma, I'll come to visit. I want to play with Leo too." Yoona said and ended the call. She couldn't upset the elder Seo and decided to stepped out of the van when they pulled over in front of the house. "Just call me guys if there's any update. I'll come right away." She told them before she went to press the doorbell.

 

Not long after Mr. Seo opened the gate for her and immediately greeted him with a warm and tight hug.

 

"Aigoo, you miss me that much?" Mr. Seo chuckled softly, rubbing his hand on Yoona's back.

 

"Yes." Says Yoona as she pouted. Just then, Leo, a four-year-old kid came out running towards them. "Omo, look who's here." She casually let go of the hug and lowered herself to meet Leo in her arms.

 

"Noona! Miss you!" Leo is so happy and immediately gives Yoona's face a lot of kisses. Mr. and Mrs. Seo are both smiling sweetly to their little reunion.

 

 

:::

 

 

Taeyeon just got out of the van, was about to cross the road when she saw who just got out of a cab. Her eyes widened and she hurriedly runs back to the van.

 

"Why did you return?" Ask Agent Hwang as it surprised her.

 

"That's... That's Agent Im's girlfriend, Agent Hwang."

 

"Omo, chincha?" Tiffany leaned into the window to have a clear and close look of the said girl. "Whoa, she's gorgeous and... y. How did Agent Im got herself lucky?"

 

Taeyeon didn't expect the compliments from the other agent. "Why do you have to notice that?" She chuckled.

 

"Well, she has the good body." Said Tiffany as she returned to her seat.

 

"She's in the same restaurant we are supposed to meet Jin Hee-ssi." Taeyeon reminded seriously. "That should be in your mind."

 

"What's the matter about that?" One of the agents from the front seat ask in curiosity.

 

"Same thoughts. It's as if we're meeting the same person." Another one from the back shared his thoughts.

 

"Right. I agree with them." Tiffany instantly agreed with the other agents.

 

"Fine." Taeyeon doesn't have any choice but to leave the van and proceed on their mission. But she made sure to enter the restaurant in silence and avoided being seen from Seohyun. "Aigoo, this is like stalking Seohyun. But wait, where are the others? I thought they continued with Yoona's stalking mission?" She couldn't find Hyo's van outside which actually confused her. Taking her phone out, she started messaging Hyo.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun who is waiting patiently with her appointment just realiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter