Missing

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09

 

 

***

 

 

Intense glare, fists are clench on her lap, Yoona patiently wait for any explanation from her father after she told him what she and Seohyun learned. She decided to have a private talk with her and left her girlfriend with Sunny and her friends to comfort her. She had been waiting for five minutes now yet her father had been quiet. Maybe thinking of a way to deny the facts? But whatever it is, she needs him to explain his side, so it will be fair, no matter how upset he is for him.

 

"Appa... please... " Yoona begs, in a very low voice but since they're in a room, her father find his gazes back at her.

 

Mr. Im took a deep breath and slowly exhales as he opened his lips to speak. "I admit, and I feel sorry for not telling you what I know. But it was because... I have another reason."

 

"And what was it?" ask Yoona, in a mutter way. She's quite relieved her father wasn't there when it happened.

 

"I want to make sure my brother will not able to get out the prison once we got him. He can bail out with just a simple evidence... since my men have it recorded. I need more evidence but it doesn't mean I liked what I saw from the video. God knows how eager I mad I am when I saw it. Also, I can't let you know because I know you might be mad at me and... I'm afraid you will do something bad... not to mention quit your job. I did not betray you, I just want-"

 

"You let that happened still. It's like you are using my girlfriend." Yoona interrupted. No matter how valid his reasons, it still disgusts her. "I hate you, Appa." she hurtfully added as tears drops. It just causes her chest to tighten.

 

"I'm sorry, Yoona. And I'm sorry for Seohyun as well." Mr. Im looked down in shame. But he did not regret what he did.

 

"We're leaving." getting up, Yoona tried to leave but her father got her.

 

"What do you mean?" Mr. Im confusedly ask. "We're so near in capturing them. Why would you do this?"

 

"I can't. I can't let my girlfriend stay here knowing my own father-"

 

"I'll just leave then. Don't... leave. Not this this time. Don't give up on this Yoona. Tomorrow, everything will be over. So please, don't do this." Pleaded Mr. Im, hoping his daughter will reconsider her decision.

 

Suddenly the door opens and Seohyun walked inside. "We're staying Yoona." She firmly said, stunning the Ims. "I don't care with what happened between me and your Uncle. It only adds for their charges. We should grab this chance and push aside our feelings." she is determined to fight. She realizes she was just wasting time minding her own feelings. She needs justice as soon as possible so everything will be over.

 

"Seohyun, are you okay working here-"

 

"Your father is sorry and I forgive him for that. But I understand what he did also. Come on, we're are almost there. We don't need to leave." Seohyun insisted as she reached for Yoona's hand but she avoided her reach.

 

"Let me think of this first." Yoona felt like it's too much to ask. She walked out the room successfully, leaving them behind.

 

Mr. Im hang his head low in front of Seohyun as he apologizes again.

 

"You don't have to. I understand, Mr. Im." Seohyun bowed her head briefly and left to follow the doe-eyed. She saw her entering the lift but it closes immediately before she can follow her. She just stood in front of the lift and waited until it reached the rooftop. 'She needed time.' she thought, giving it to her girlfriend as she decided to return to her office.

 

Sunny, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are all quiet on their respective desks after they heard everything earlier and Director Im was so sad to also return to his office. The entire headquarters is quiet, as no one wanted to talk about it.

 

 

:::

 

 

After hearing that there's an encounter going on from an on-going mission, Seohyun left her office and joined the others to watch the battle between NIS agents and some of the small members of the hypnotist group in a remote area. They're apparently doing their best to beat them down so they could bring them to the Agency.

 

While everyone is focus on the screen, Seohyun looked around in search of the doe-eyed but only to fail to find her. She checks the time and realized it had been three hours and probably she's still up there.

 

"Lawyer Seo." Sooyoung called out softly when she noticed the young lawyer is not paying attention to what they're currently watching.

 

"Sooyoung-ssi." a friendly smile painted in Seohyun's face as she faces her.

 

"It'll be alright, don't worry. Yoona is someone who won't stay dramatic over such thing."

 

"But she's hurting. And... I understand that." Seohyun sighs heavily.

 

"I know. But it's not her character to stay upset for a long time. Just like you. You both are so alike." replied Sooyoung, flashing a genuine smile.

 

"We're?" It brought a smile in Seohyun's face as well.

 

"Yes. And I know how are you going to comfort her later. So, smile, lawyer Seo." Sooyoung giggles and handed her a chocolate bar.

 

"Thanks, Sooyoung-ssi." Seohyun shyly took the chocolate and slowly turned her attention to the screen. Just on time the agents are seen taking the group to their vans.

 

"You get ready tomorrow, Lawyer Seo. We're going to present them to the press to provoke Go Joon and his allies." Mr. Im said seriously giving Seohyun a reminder.

 

"Yes, Director Im." said Seohyun simply and audibly sighs.

 

 

:::

 

 

After unlocking the door in their penthouse, Seohyun automatically look around to see of Yoona has come home. She hasn't tried to call her, knowing she will only reject it. But she unexpectedly hasn't home yet.

 

Sighing heavily, she proceeds to the kitchen and place the box of pizzas on the table. She took a seat and put her shoulder bag down to the table before she casually started eating which is her dinner. She expected to have it with her girlfriend but it seems she needed to really be alone. How much she wanted to hug her right now and tell her that it's okay. And that there's no need to be ashamed or sorry for what her father have done. She herself is hurting but she must be numb already that it's easy for her to take it.

 

"Aigoo, when will she return?" she checks the time and it's almost 10pm. She had no idea her whereabouts right now but she believes she's just out there, probably drinking again?

 

Taking her phone out, she dialed Taeyeon's number and the older girl immediately answered. "Unnie, are you with Yoona?"

 

[I thought you went home together? She's not with us.]

 

"You guys are outside?"

 

[Yeah,having some barbecue. Do you want to join?]

 

"No, I'm fine."

 

[Come on, a welcome party for you to our agency. It's just nearby. I'll text you the address.] Taeyeon didn't wait for any response and ended it.

 

Seohyun unconsciously smiled and decided to get up, took her bag and left the penthouse.

 

-

 

"Welcome to NIS, Attorney Seo!!!" Everyone chorused as they made a toast with their glasses of beer in the middle of the table.

 

"Thank you, guys. I feel so honored." Seohyun playfully replied before taking a sip on her drink the same as others. "I just know some of you back in the company yet I feel like I belong to this group for a long time." she giggles.

 

"Yoona is part of the Choding Team, there's no way we're not going to welcome you to our team as well." Hyoyeon said with a big smile on her face.

 

"Choding?" chuckled Seohyun, as she finds the name funny but adorable.

 

"Yes, that's our GC name and we're actually using it outside GC too." Said Sooyoung with a proud smile.

 

"Actually, it was Yoona who named the team, and everyone just agrees eventually." Sunny informed as she giggles on the other hand.

 

"Now where is that choding?" ask Taeyeon to everyone and they got quiet.

 

"No one knows, right?" Seohyun can relate and heaved a sigh.

 

"Her phone ringed actually but that was around 7pm." Sunny confessed. "I couldn't see where she is exactly after she rejected my call."

 

"Let her be. She will eventually return home." Taeyeon suggested, as she pick one pork from the grill and place it on Seohyun's plate. "Let's eat and enjoy this night." she added, flashing a bright smile that everyone agrees and returned to their barbecue.

 

Seohyun also joined them and for the next thrity minutes, they laugh, converse, giggle, smile and more laughter because Hyo has a lot of joke and got drunk as time passes. Everyone is so immense with each other's company until they heard a ringing sound. They got quiet as they looked at Seohyun, who smiled awkwardly to them as she took her new phone out and raises her eyebrows to see her mom's caller ID flashing on the screen.

 

"I'll take this first." she said as she excused herself. She walked out the restaurant to answer such phone call. "Omma, what's the sudden call?"

 

[Are you guys fighting?]

 

"What? What do you mean?" She got confused.

 

[Yoona is here... playing with your nephew. But earlier, she talked to me, always telling me she's sorry. I have no idea what was it about but... she seems sad. I ask her about you and she ask me not to call you. I'm so curious that's why I called you after Leo got her and drag her to play with him.]

 

"It's nothing Omma." Seohyun is relieved to learn her girlfriend is safe in her parents' house. "I mean, she's just stress. We did not fight, okay? She's maybe just sorry that she barely finds time with you guys." she bit her lip after making up a story.

 

[Aigoo, whatever it is, I hope you guys settle it. She's really sad even though she would smile at us. Anyway, why don't you fetch her, here?]

 

"Can you look after her for the meantime?" ask Seohyun, doubtful if Yoona will agree to go home.

 

[Eh? Why?]

 

"Hmm, she probably misses you guys. So yeah, I think she won't agree to go home."

 

[Well, we miss her too... and you. So, you should also be here.]

 

"I'm with friends right now. So, I won't promise."

 

[Ugh, we'll wait then. See you later.]

 

"See you then." Seohyun giggles and ended the call right away. She sighs however as she thought of Yoona, and how she keeps apologizing to her parents. 'She felt more than sorry for them... ' she thought as her heart aches.

 

 

:::

 

[Seo Residence]

 

 

"Where is she, Omma?"

 

Mrs. Seo is stunned to smell the alcohol from her daughter. "You drink?"

 

"Just a couple of glass." confessed Seohyun as she walked inside and place her shoulder bag to the sofa. "So, where's the choding?"

 

"She's upstairs." Mrs. Seo informed. "In your room, sleeping. I'll make you some tea to sobber you up." she added and casually left her daughter to the kitchen.

 

Seohyun went upstairs and find the door of her room, ajar. She peeks inside and immediately was greeted by loud snores coming from Yoona, sleeping on her bed. "Aigoo." walking inside, she smiled to watch her peaceful face, while hugging the stuff in one arm. Her heart flutters as her eyes landed to the picture of her and Yoona on top of the night stand. It was during their camp fire back in college, which cause her to reminisce those memories for at least a couple of minutes. She then took her seat next to the sleeping beauty, sighing once again as she reached for her hair strands and tuck it behind her ear.

 

'I have no idea how it hurt you the most instead of me but it actually comforted me, as if you took the pain away from me that it's not that hurt for me anymore... You're such an angel in disguise.' she thought, caressing Yoona's face gently. She's sorry for the deer but thankful at the same time. 'No worries, all of these will have justice in no time. I promise, my love.' leaning down, she gently place a kiss on her forehead and then her nose and cheek before she kiss her lips, where she felt her warm lips against hers, fluttering more her heart.

 

After a couple of seconds, she slowly straightened herself and smile as she watch her, admire her and gained some strength as she felt determined to protect her.

 

Taking her hand, she holds it gently and give it a rub but she got sadden to see the band-aid and reminds herself of her injured arm once again. "Aish, you will quit after this." she unconsciously blurted loudly.

 

Yoona hum on her sleep and turns her body to the opposite side, unconsciously pulled Seohyun down. She groaned when she felt something crush on her and opened her eyes forcefully, only to see a pair of eyes before her. "S... Seohyun?" she mumbles.

 

"Yes. Go back to sleep." said Seohyun. She's glad she instinctively uses her elbows to support herself. She pulled back but Yoona suddenly wrap her arm on her waist making her lost her balance and she crashed her face to the pillow, head next to her girlfriend. "What are you doing?"

 

"I would ask the same but I want to hug you. I miss your warmth, baby. I realize it when I lay down in your bed, alone. All the memories we had in this room... they're all so good... which actually comforted me." Yoona whispered softly, a small smile formed in her lips. "I miss your smell also... alcohol?"

 

"I had few drinks with your friends." Seohyun softly says. She slowly pulled back to see her girlfriend's face. "You did so well... don't you know that?" she pinch her nose and giggle.

 

"You're complimenting me?" Yoona raises her eyebrows. "Out of a sudden?"

 

"Yeah, I guess I don't do that, that much?"

 

Yoona chuckle lightly, pulling down her girlfriend again to hug her. "Thank you... I needed that."

 

"You okay now?" Seohyun ask softly.

 

"A little. I mean, it's still hard to accept."

 

"I know... take your time... it will eventually heal before you know it. I love you."

 

Yoona just can't resist and kiss Seohyun's cheek. She needed those words the most. "I love you too my love. Forever."

 

Seohyun answered it with a peck on Yoona's lips which end her up showering her face with kisses, until her features softened and she smiled giddily. "Look at you, so whip for me."

 

"We're both whip for each other." Yoona giggles and finally unwrap her arm around her girlfriend. "You sleeping here, aren't you?"

 

"Of course. Hold on, I'll shower first." Seohyun replied confidently as she pulled back and head to the comfort room.

 

Yoona hugs the stuff toy close to her chest, smiling like a fool.

 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Seo who had been eavesdropping outside decided to take the tea back to the kitchen as she drink it herself. She's glad they had settled it.

 

-

 

"What?" Seohyun got confused with Yoona when she returned to bed because she's opening her arms towards.

 

"I know you are hurting too but you just don't want to let it out." explained Yoona, patting the space in the bed, inviting the young lawyer.

 

"I already did in the hq, didn't I?" ask Seohyun, climbing on the bed.

 

Yoona moved closer and she brought her girlfriend close to her chest. "You're still hurting... you're still frustrated... but you decided to push it back as you remained strong in front of me and everyone around us... I know the feeling... and I'm actually proud of you." she ended her words with a lingering kiss on her forehead. "It's your chance, cry it out. Cry as many times as you want." she added, tightening her hug.

 

"Your arm." Seohyun is worried as the doe-eyed's arm is underneath her.

 

"It's not hurting that much anymore." Yoona whispered back. She got quiet and so as the girl in her arms until she heard soft sobs. 'It's alright, it's alright.' she started patting her back gently.

 

 

:::

 

 

Bright new smiles, giggles and the way the couple feed each other in front of Seohyun's parents are making their hearts flutter, as they watch them in silence while they're having breakfast together.

 

"So, it seems everything is fine now?" Mr. Seo softly asks flashing a warm smile at his daughter and Yoona.

 

Yoona bobs her head enthusiastically.

 

"There isn't wrong since last night though." Seohyun said as she took a bite on her spoonful rice.

 

"Sheesh, what's important is today." Mrs. Seo commented, picking an egg from the plate with her chopsticks and transfer it to her daughter's bowl of rice and kimchi to Yoona's. "Dig in, you guys will have another day to face." She smiled sweetly to the couple, earning cute smiles from them.

 

"Where's Oppa by the way, Omma? Why is Leo always here?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter