scared.

The World Through Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
scared.

 

 

A few days had passed and the typhoon season bid goodbye without causing much trouble or disturbances. No longer in hospital clothes, Chinsun and Jongin were sitting in the hospital garden.

 

“Why are we out here again?” Jongin grumbled, squinting his eyes at the sun glaring down at him.

 

“Because you’ve been holed up indoors for too long and need fresh air,” Chinsun hummed, her eyelashes fluttering as she closed her eyes to absorb the sunshine. “And we’re here specifically because Baekhyun is getting discharged.”

 

Jongin raised an eyebrow, a look of doubt and suspicion gliding across his eyes. Although Chinsun had her eyes closed, she still guessed what was going through Jongin’s mind, this time without even needing to look him in the eyes. 

 

“Jongdae and Mark are helping Baekhyun packing now,” Chinsun stated while hitting Jongin’s shoulder with her cast. “My arm is in a sling and you’re banned from manual labour. We would just be in the way inside that tiny hospital room.”

 

“So instead you drag me out here to be at the mercy of the sun and bugs,” Jongin exhaled in defeat.

 

Chinsun glanced at Jongin through hooded eyes. Staring back at her, the only way Jongin could describe her gaze was listlessly mesmerising.

 

“Just relax. There are so many spirits wandering around the hospital so the garden is the most peaceful place to hang out,” Chinsun replied in a sing-song voice. “Who knows when we’ll next have so much free time.”

 

“When you stop meddling in stuff.”

 

Pouting, Chinsun snapped her head away. Her plan to ignore Jongin did not last long however because the male grabbed Chinsun’s chin and turned her to face him. With a firm grip, Jongin then squished Chinsun’s cheeks and her flustered expression incited a chuckle to rumble from Jongin’s throat.

 

“Vuuwa a bwuig bullee,” Chinsun mumbled through Jongin’s tight grip.

 

“Sorry what?” Jongin blinked innocently. “I didn’t quite catch that.”

 

Nostrils flaring, Chinsun swung her left arm that was in a cast towards Jongin’s ribs which was where he was most seriously injured. Eyes widening, Jongin immediately let go of Chinsun to get a hold of her incoming arm instead.

 

“You plan to get me hospitalised again?” Jongin deadpanned.

 

“You’re a big bully,” Chinsun huffed, repeating what she had said earlier while enunciating each syllable.

 

“Right.” Jongin nodded, his dark eyes glistening with mirth.

 

Chinsun and Jongin continued their banter, oblivious of the two pair of prying eyes that had been staring at them all this time. From the third floor of the hospital, Baekhyun and Jongdae were leaning against the window. Baekhyun was out of the hospital clothes and his belongings were neatly packed in a bag that laid next to Jongdae’s feet. Mark had gone to handle the paperwork and thus the two university friends had wondered off around the hospital only to come to a halt upon noticing two familiar figures in the garden. From where they were standing, Baekhyun and Jongdae could not hear Chinsun and Jongin’s conversation and Baekhyun really had to squint his right eye — having not yet adjusted to having one blind eye — but it was clear from miles away that they were enjoying each other’s presence.

 

“They’re lucky to have each other,” Baekhyun commented in a low whisper to no one in particular.

 

Jongdae who had his elbows on the windowsill and his chin resting on top of his arms twisted his neck and glanced at Baekhyun with a knowing stare but remained quiet.

 

“And you are even luckier to have them looking out for you.”

 

Although Baekhyun was still staring at Chinsun and Jongin, Jongdae knew that the comment was directed towards him.

 

“The same applies to you,” Jongdae replied without missing a beat.

 

It looked as though Jongdae was about to say something else but was prevented from doing so when a cloud of golden hair popped out of nowhere, standing in-between Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

“How long until something finally happens between them?” Mark mused, throwing his arms around the two males.

 

“What makes you think something will?” Jongdae questioned.

 

Pushing himself off the windowsill, Jongdae crossed his arms over his chest and purposefully gave Mark a challenging stare. The mischievous expression on Mark’s face hinted at Baekhyun that he was up to something and readily welcomed Jongdae’s challenge. Smirking, Mark promptly opened the window and leaned out. Baekhyun hurriedly grabbed Mark’s shirt, not wanting to risk him fall out.

 

“Kwon Chinsun,” Mark hollered while waving his arms around like a fool.

 

Baekhyun noticed Jongin tensing up and snapping his head towards Mark with extreme alarm while Chinsun was tilting her head in confusion.

 

“Ditch that boring and gloomy guy and come with me,” Mark continued. “I’ll bring you on a romantic date. No haunted temples this time I promise!”

 

“What?” Chinsun shouted back, craning her neck forward with a hand behind her ear.

 

Mark inhaled sharply to repeat his date invitation but Jongin intercepted. Wrapping his arm around Chinsun’s head, Jongin pulled her towards himself. Chinsun’s left ear was covered by Jongin’s hand while her right ear was planted against his chest. The noise of the outside world was muffled and the only thing Chinsun could hear clearly was the sound of Jongin’s steady heartbeat.

 

Refusing to let go of Chinusn, Jongin glared at Mark and dared him to repeat his words. Mark’s eyes curled into the shape of crescent moons as his mouth widened to have his white teeth on full display while chortling wholeheartedly.

 

“You should really thank me!” Mark sniggered, giving Jongin a playful salute.

 

Baekhyun let out a silent chuckle, amused by Jongin’s uncharacteristically childish behaviour when his ears suddenly pick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter