Can

The World Through Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Can

 

 

“So…” Jongdae eyed Chinsun and Jongin with curious yet demanding eyes. “Anything else I should know about the oh so great Kim family? Or more famous people with the ‘sight’ that you guys are acquainted with?”

 

Situated behind the counter of Naesae, Jongin and Chinsun glanced at each other, wondering how to answer Jongdae’s question. The second question was easy to answer; there was no one famous they knew really other than Sehun. For the first question however, it depended on what Jongdae was curious about.

 

“No more famous people,” Chinsun answered thoughtfully. “As for family… is there anything you’re curious about specifically?”

 

“What about that uncle?” Baekhyun asked curiously next to Jongdae on the bench. “We know about Aunt Kwon and why she went travelling around the world. What about this Uncle Kim?”

 

“Oh right!” Jongdae exclaimed, as if only remembering now about the existence of his youngest uncle. “What about Uncle Kim? Is he also on some mission like Aunt Kwon?”

 

“Kind of?”

 

“No.”

 

Chinsun and Jongin replied simultaneously while giving contrasting answers and they looked at each other in surprise.

 

“It’s open to interpretation,” Chinsun extrapolated quickly though Jongin rolled his eyes in defiance.

 

“He ran off because he didn’t want to deal with the responsibilities.”

 

“After making sure to teach us everything there was to know and being confident in your abilities to take over.”

 

“Stop defending him,” Jongin growled though his glare was directly towards empty space instead of Chinsun.

 

“I’m just offering a contrasting perspective so Jongdae can decide for himself what he thinks of Uncle Kim’s actions,” Chinsun argued, poking her tongue out at the grumpy male.

 

“Alright kids, no need to fight,” Jongdae chided, pulling the older brother card on them. “Anyway it’s Uncle Kim we’re talking about, the crazy uncle that our parents described as a walking headache. I can totally see him disappearing off the grid just because.”

 

“Is he that… unpredictable?” Baekhyun asked, struggling to come up with a more appropriate word to describe the mysterious uncle.

 

“Hell yeah.”

 

Jongin nodded in agreement with great enthusiasm and even Chinsun had to agree with Jongdae’s response.

 

“Come on, you’ve actually met him Baek,” Jongdae continued. “In first year of uni remember? That was the worst hangover we ever had like ever.”

 

Squinting his eyes to recall the incident Jongdae was referring to, Baekhyun’s mouth rounded in the shape of an ‘o’ before flinching, feeling the pounding pain of the hangover from just pulling out that memory.

 

“I was put off of alcohol for the rest of the year because of him.” Baekhyun shuddered at the memory. “Never thought a hangover could be that painful.”

 

“Anything involving that useless person is painful.” A sharp voice cut through, grabbing everyone’s attention.

 

Boa emerged from the kitchenette having come over to check up on them just to overhear them discussing about the crazy uncle who was forever stuck in the mental age of a rebellious teenager.

 

“You always talk badly about him but you actually miss him don’t you Aunt Kwon?” Jongdae mused with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

 

Sighing in unison, Chinsun and Jongin shifted to allow Boa unobstructed passage towards Jongdae who remained oblivious to the consequences of his words. Sensing her heavy footsteps, Baekhun scooted further away on the bench until deciding that it was safer to just stand up. Jongdae looked at Baekhyun in confusion but before he could ask anything, the air was knocked out of his lungs by Boa who had trapped him in a headlock, refusing to let him go.

 

“Stop sprouting nonsense that your useless uncle would say,” Boa snarled. “Why can’t you be more sensible like your dad, or use your brain more like Jongin’s dad? You went to uni so shouldn’t you be smart?”

 

“His last brain cells were probably disintegrated after drinking with Uncle Kim,” Jongin snorted, finding great amusement from the scene unfolding in front of him.

 

“Who’s talking badly about my darling son?” Mama Kim’s sweet voice emerged from the kitchenette, glaring playfully at Jongin. “Boa, what do you think you are doing to my son?”

 

“He’s been possessed by his useless uncle’s stupidity and I’m exorcising him,” Boa replied in an even voice, releasing Jongdae from the headlock and pinching his nose instead.

 

“It hurts!” Jongdae wailed. “My face is too handsome to be bruised!”

 

“My my, that is exactly what that uncle of his said when Jongin’s father accidentally kicked a ball in his face,” Mama Kim gasped in surprise. “Genetics sure is scary.”

 

“It’s learnt behaviour,” Boa countered, finally letting go of Jongdae much to his relief.

 

“You’re right,” Mama Kim sighed, cupping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter