and

The World Through Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
and

 

 

After nourishing Jongdae with a feast prepared by Mama Kim and Boa, and letting Mama Kim spend quality time with her only son, Jongin and Chinsun volunteered to undertake the inevitable part of finally letting Jongdae into the part of the family business that he had been kept in the dark for so long.

 

Following Jongin, Chinsun and Baekhyun towards Naesae, at first Jongdae felt weary of Mark, having vague recollections of seeing him once or twice, though at the time he was busy studying for university exams and barely had the time to hang out with Chinsun and Jongin. Either way, this unfamiliar acquaintance oozed of rebellion and confidence. Jongdae was given no time to ruminate on the matter though because he realised that for the first time ever he was being allowed in the archive. Even more exciting, there was a hidden basement that he had never even heard of.

 

Eyes sparkling like a child who had discovered a cave filled with hidden treasures, Jongdae stared all around him and the curiosity only deepened upon seeing the mysterious talismans and questionable faded circle on the ground.

 

“Sit down. We’ve got something important to tell you,” Jongin ordered Jongdae, not caring that the latter was still busy exploring the place. “And no questions until I’ve finished talking or we’ll be sidetracked endlessly knowing how your brain works.”

 

Jongdae opened his mouth to protest, but seeing Chinsun’s and Baekhyun’s combined stern expressions, he did as told, timidly sitting in the chair provided with his legs squeezed stiffly against each other. Once Jongin started speaking, Jongdae’s eyes widened further and further, and his jaws fell open. Whatever tension and weariness and curiosity he might have being completed wiped clean and replaced by utter incredulity instead.

 

Turning towards Chinsun, Jongdae’s expression reflected his thoughts exactly: is this a big joke? But then seeing how even Baekhyun was in on it, Jongdae finally started processing everything and suddenly so many instances and incidents involving Chinsun and Jongin which Jongdae had always brushed off as them being antisocial and weird started making sense.

 

Inhaling deeply as Jongin finished talking, the gears in Jongdae’s brain were turning at full speed. Jongin and Chinsun exchanged a long glance and Baekhyun braced himself for whatever reaction Jongdae was going to give for he was certain that it was not going to be a calm one. Mark was the most relaxed one out of the bunch, as strictly speaking he was simply a spectator enjoying a rare performance with rather unique performers.

 

“So you are an exorcist, and so were our parents.” Jongdae pointed a finger at Jongin. “Chinsun is like the guardian of a sacred prison and Baekhyun has become a manga hero that unexpectedly gained a superpower. Then there’s a drop-out priest who definitely would not pass off as a priest or anything remotely related to priesthood.”

 

With every word rolling off of Jongdae’s tongue, the more excited and enthusiastic he sounded. His knees were now jerking up and down, his body filled with excess energy in need of an outlet.

 

“This kid is too chipper,” Mark deadpanned.

 

“Someone has to be out of the two of them,” Chinsun replied without missing a beat while motioning at the two cousins.

 

Jongin threw Chinsun a look of betrayal while Baekhyun struggled to stifle a giggle. Meanwhile Jongdae had his attention fully focused on Mark, the intensity at which he gazed upon the golden haired male almost burning holes right through him. Feeling himself being thrown into the spotlight, Mark shifted uncomfortably before running a hand through his hair, as if combing away any and all awkwardness to resume his signature stance of confidence.

 

“I’m feeling generous today, so whatever questions you have, shoot.”

 

“How and when did you meet Jongin and Chinsun?” Jongdae shot out his first question.

 

“I was hired to perform an exorcism at an abandoned building here, and so was Jongin. I had just gone into freelance at the time so… Jongin was still in high school at the time?”

 

“We were 17,” Chinsun added to which Jongin nodded reluctantly.

 

“Right. Anyway we worked on that case together though Jongin was still quite new at it, lacked a lot of common sense knowledge. But Chinsun more than made up for it. She’s an intuitive one, picks up on things fast.”

 

Jongin scowled at the statement though a glint of pride could be seen in his eyes as he gave Chinsun a side glance. Jongdae remained attentive, not wanting to miss out on anything Mark said and even Baekhyun leaned closer, eager to hear more.

 

“Wait, how old are you?” Jongdae questioned, trying to figure out Mark’s age from his appearance but ultimately failing.

 

“Same age as you,” Mark replied nonchalantly. “Before you ask, I decided to forego the path to priesthood the moment I turned 18 because it was just too restricting. I like my freedom.”

 

“So which is more powerful? Western style exorcism or…” Jongdae waved his hands around Jongin. “Whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter