eyes

The World Through Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
eyes

 

 

A few years ago, there was a car accident where a young child had unfortunately died. Lost and confused, the spirit of the child remained stuck by that street, unable to finds her way home, and with the passing of time became a fearfully vengeful spirit. It was not an uncommon story or occurrence; children who passed away in unfortunate circumstances all by themselves were extremely susceptible to becoming evil spirits. Nonetheless it was a case unrelated to the recent affairs directly affecting him and Jongin jumped at the opportunity to distract himself; even if it meant getting up at an ungodly hour after having barely slept.

 

By the time Jongin returned from a successful exorcism, it was barely the crack of dawn. The sound of his motorcycle echoed along the empty streets of the still sleeping neighbourhood though when removed his helmet, he was surprised to see that one person was already awake and waiting for him right where he usually parked his bike.

 

“Why are you up already?” Jongin frowned at the girl in disapproval. “You should be getting more sleep.”

“That’s rich coming from you.” Chinsun rolled her eyes.

 

“You’re spending too much time with Baekhyun,” Jongin grunted, locking the helmet away.

 

“Who else would I hang out with?” Chinsun retorted. “You go MIA all the time.”

 

“There’s the drop-out priest. He’s still sticking around,” Jongin grumbled. “You used to follow him around like a puppy.”

 

Chinsun stared blankly at Jongin before a glint of mischief filled her eyes.

 

“Are you jealous Kim Jongin?”

 

“Stop sprouting nonsense.”

 

Jongin flicked Chinsun’s forehead. Stumbling back at the force of Jongin’s flickering, Chinsun raised her hands to soothe the incoming bruise, only to hit herself in the face with the paper bag she was holding. Remembering that she had something to give Jongin, Chinsun quickly recollected herself and held out her had, almost slamming whatever she was holding into Jongin’s chest.

 

Jongin gave Chinsun a questioning look, but the girl simply urged him to take the bag. Holding the bag in the palm of his hand, Jongin’s confusion deepened by the warmth being emitted from it. Feeling intrigued, Jongin lifted the bag close to his nose to give the contents a good sniff and was delighted to be welcomed by the smell of freshly roasted sweet potato.

 

“Thought you’d like something warm and sweet.” Chinsun smiled candidly, her eyes curling into the shape of crescent moons.

 

As she said that, Chinsun felt the chill of the morning air against her bare hands — having lost the heat of the sweet potato she had been holding onto — and pulled down the sleeves of her sweater to cover her freezing fingers. Noticing her actions, Jongin did not hesitate to reach for Chinsnu’s hands and cradle her red fingers between his larger and rougher hands against the warm bag of sweet potato.

 

After making sure that the temperature of her fingers had increased even just slightly, Jongin still did not let go and pulled her towards Naesae instead, seeking protection from the cold morning air within the familiar and soothing secondhand bookshop.

 

Walking right past the counter and the bench, the two entered the archive and down the stairs before finally settling in the basement where the scent of lavender candles lingered in the air. Once they sat down, Jongin let go of Chinsun’s hands and Chinsun gently rubbed her hands together, still feeling the ghost of Jongin’s touch lingering against her skin. Meanwhile, Jongin finally took out the sweet potato and expertly broke it in half, warm smoke wafting in the air when he did so. He then extended his hand holding one half of the sweet potato towards Chinsun. Chinsun’s eyes drifted back and forth between the sweet potato and Jongin, unsure of what she was supposed to do. Seeing her not reacting, Jongin unceremoniously pushed the sweet potato towards Chinsun’s unprepared mouth, making her jolt into the air.

 

“Hot!” Chinsun squealed, swatting Jongin’s hand away, almost making him drop the sweet potato.

 

“Just grab it with your own hands already,” Jongin grumbled. “My arm’s getting tired.”

 

Poking her tongue out at the male, Chinsun took her half of the sweet potato and happily sank her teeth into the velvet texture of the food, enjoying how it melted in while spreading warmth throughout her body. Seeing her expression of utter sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter