Chapter 6

I'm Key's sister...Go figure!

Your pov

I appeared in the car next to appa. Weird, i'm usually across the street or lingering outside of the car like an angel. Not today though. I looked over to find him whistling, something he always did when he was driving; it helped him concentrate. I smiled at him, thinking of how happy he looked when he was driving, ready to get home to see Key and I - and Umma, of course. But obviously, he just kept on driving, not knowing I was there. I was invisible, in my little 5 year old body, as always.

Appa the radio and started whistling along to any song that played; he was really into music and would memorize any tune of a song in just the first time of listening to it. He tried teaching Key and I his methods, but we were too young to be able to put them to work. Well, I was, anyways - Key was probably too lazy to try.

It was about 7 pm when Appa got out of work, and he always encountered some traffic on the way home. Not today though. The sun was just setting, giving the atmosphere a bright but dark look. The street was empty - just a few cars here and there, but still relatively empty. It was summer, but the trees outside swayed with the wind, as if sending a message. But nobody knew what message. Nobody knew anything.

As we were turning onto another street, I saw headlights coming towards the car. I started screaming to alert Appa, but he couldn't hear me. I was just a shadow there, watching, observing. He tried to swerve away, but the truck was in the way, not letting us get away. But by then, it was too late. The truck crashed into our car - or the other way around - and had us spinning around. We kept spinning around until we hit a metal lightpost, damaging the car even more. I looked over at Appa and saw his face covered in blood, scratched by the flying pieces of glass from the windshield and windows. The airbag had come out, crashing into him. It just went right through me, crashing into the seat instead. I started screaming even more, loud enough to wake up the dead, but all that came out was silence.

"appa! Appa! Don't leave me!" I mouthed, shaking him. It was like I was living in one of those old silent movies but without backround music. I tried shaking him even more by the shoulders, but it was no use. My hands just when right through him. I was a ghost, watching over him. Trying to protect him, but it obviously wasn't enough. He was gone, and I had watched him take him last breath. The only person who loved me at the time...was gone.  

"appa! appa! Please! Don't go! " I started to fade away, along with everything around me. I kept screaming, not wanting to leave him. Soon enough, everything was gone.

"____-ah! Wake up! Wake up!" I felt Key shaking me and yelling into my ear. As soon as everything had faded away, I jumped into his arms, sobbing on his shoulders. He rubbed my back, trying to comfort me. For a second I forgot I was at the dorm; it felt like it did when Key was still home - before he debuted. But as soon as I saw all the members huddling by the doorway, It all came back to me.

"Shh, it's okay. It was just a dream..shh" Key whispered into my ear. But I couldn't control myself. I hadn't had a dream like that in years, but it reminded me so much of him. His face, the way he was so relaxed driving. Everything was exactly how I remembered it. Nothing had been normal that day. 

"Key oppa...it was..so..real! Why, Key, why?!" I tried to say inbetween sobs, and I saw that his eyes were watery. He must've remembered how he spent mostly every night of my childhood comforting me, just like he is now.

"Don't worry, I'm here, don't cry anymore" The sobs finally calmed down a bit and I lifted my head off from Key's shoulder. He looked me in the eye, and I saw he was crying too. We sat there  until I had convinced him I was fine, that it was just a dream. But I don't even know if I believed my own words. It was just too real to be a dream...

 As he was about to leave, he whispered something in Taemin's ear. All the guys left, except for Taemin, who sat down next to me.

"Key hyung told me to stay here in case you needed anything." He said cutely, which allowed me to show a slight smile. There were still tears escaping my eyes, but it was less than before. He scooted closer and wiped off a tear with his thumb. I looked down, obviously blushing.

"C'mon, I bet this will help" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of bed. As we walked out of the room, I read that the clock said 4:30 am. I instantly felt bad for waking them up so early in the morning, and tried to tell Taemin to go back to sleep. But he insisted that he couldn't go to sleep anyways, which was obviously a lie. I just let him do what he wanted.

We reached the balcony and he motioned me to sit on a little sofa next to him. We looked at the stars for a bit, sitting in silence.

"Whenever I'm sad, I always come out here, " He finally said, "it really helps me. Maybe it can help you too" I smiled, knowing he was trying his best to make me stop crying. I'm not sure if I had stopped by know; I know I couldn't feel anything.

"Thank you, oppa..." I wiped off my dried tears off my face. He grabbed a blanket from below the sofa and wrapped it around me. I looked up and saw his smiling at me.

"You looked cold..." He fixed the blanket so that it covered my whole upper body.

"Taemin oppa, thanks for coming out here with me, but really, you should go to sleep. I didn't mean to make you stay up this -"

"I already told you, I'm not tired." He interrupted, " don't worry about it."

"Okay..you might not be tired, but you are cold!" I teased. I could tell he was lightly shivering, so I took part of the blanket and wrapped it around him.

"Maybe I was, but I can tell you're tired!" He teased back.

"nu-uh!"

"uh-huh!"

"nu-uh! How can you tell!?" I made a pouty face and waited for his answer.

"Well, you're eyes look tired, and plus, I can tell you're about to yawn." He looked me straight in the eye, and guess what happened?

I yawned.

"how did you...what?!" He laughed and flipped his hair out of his eyes. 

"I have my ways...but see! you are tired! I'M RIGHT!" He did a cute little mini dance at his victory.  

 "well I suppose I am, oppa." I crossed my arms and grinned.

"Well, if you want, I've got a shoulder right here that isn't being used by anything" He said cutely. I could just feel my heart leap. Keep cool, keep cool.

"You little flirt..." I mumbled while I laid my head on his shoulder. I knew I was blushing  so I moved before he could see me. He fixed his hand so it was over waist, holding me tight. With his other hand he brushed the hair out my face, sending chills down my spine. Is he doing that on purpose, just to make me blush, or is he just being nice?

"______-ah?" He asked.

"neh, oppa?" My voice was soft, since I was already starting to fall asleep.

"Who's your bias? I asked Key hyung, but he won't tell us." I didn't look up, but I knew he was trying to pull some aegyo to make me tell him just by the tone of his voice

"uh...maybe Key oppa didn't tell you for a reason~" I sang.

"I promise I won't tell anyone!" He begged. I hesitated. Did he really not know it was him?

"Taemin oppa"

"neh?"

"It's you..." It was quiet for a couple seconds.

"Wait, what? Really?" He asked surprised.

"Neh, goodnight oppa" I closed my eyes and tried to find some sleep. I was exhausted; the crying had tired me out. Slowly, I drifted off.

Taemin pov

I looked over when I felt her breathing even out. She looked so cute and innocent when she slept - like a little kid. She even made little pouty faces while sleeping! I scooted a bit forward so it would be more comfortable to pick her up. I took the blanket off of both of us and stored it under the couch again. I scooped my arms under her leg and back and picked her up. She should eat more...

"oppa..." she whispered and cuddled into my chest. I smiled. She really does look adorable! Like a little puppy.
 I opened the door to the living room and found the way back to my room. Or would it be her room? OUR ROOM! no...that doesn't sound right. Anyways I set her down on my bed - or is it her bed? our bed? NO...her bed- and pulled the sheet over her. She cuddled into the extra pillow she had next to her and smiled.

"Don't worry..." I whispered, " we won't let you cry anymore...I promise you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

annyeong! so this chapter is finally done! so...i know the beginning was sad and everything, but I really REALLY loved this chapter..which is weird cuz I never like any of my chapters. but anyways, when I was writing the last sentence, I was listening to The Reason by SHINee and when I wrote "I promise you" TAEMIN SAID IT IN THE SONG! It must be a sign, right? xD

also, I must say the second half was my favorite, just cuz it was filled with cuteness and shtuff! :3 so...i don't have anything more to say about this chapter, so thank you so much for reading!! :D

kamsahamnida! please comment and suscribe.

OH BUTTERSNAP! i almost forgot! so...i named this chapter Chapter Six because i couldn't think of a title! yes i know...lame, right? Anyways, if you have a good title for this PLEASE COMMENT BELOW! The one i like the best will be chosen for this chapter! ^^ so put on your creative hats and comment! xD

anyways, now that I'm done, thanks you!

comment and suscribe ~<3

annyeong!

~XxyariibearxX