Back Home

I'm Key's sister...Go figure!

Your pov

"Umma, I'm home!" I yelled as I opened the front door of our small home back in Busan. The living room was very neat and clean - like always - but surprisingly empty. Umma was usually watching K-dramas or sitting down on the couch reading a book. I walked into the kitchen, but it was also empty. 

"Umma?" I walked down the hall, opening every door I could find.

"in here!" I heard her voice, and followed it until I reached her room. She was sitting on the chair next to the desk, sewing something.

"I'm baaack~" I hugged her, but she made no effort of standing up and giving me a hug. Or smiling back. I would've been offended and hurt, but I'm used to this. You get used to it after living like that for 19 years.

"How was Seoul?" She asked, not taking her eyes off the sewing maching. It wasnt on, but she was hand-sewing some type of pearl or something. I didnt get a good glance at it since her hands were over it.

"It was good, but I didnt get to see the university. I was at SHINee's dorm the whole time." When i said SHINee, she automatically lifted her head and looked at me. She had very noticeable bags under her eyes from lack of sleep.

"Really? Oh that's nice, sweetie! How's Key doing?" Of course, she asked about Key. She didn't even ask where I spent the night, why I got home so late, nothing.

"He's good. Being a diva like always," She laughed. That's a first. She never laughs at anything I say. She was about to turn back around to her sewing, but I stopped her.

"I have something to say," I paused, waiting for her full attention, "I'm moving in with Key."  Her eyes widened to a size considered normal size for Americans, but extra big for us Koreans. 

"Really? Wae?" She put down her sewing needle and motioned me to sit on her bed, but I sat on the floor infront of her.

"Well, I don't have enough money to pay for an apartment. And it's better to stay in Seoul so I can just walk to school, right?" She nodded, "so Key and the members agreed on letting me stay for a while."

"...does the media know?" she whispered after about 10 seconds of silence. I shook my head. She sighed and brushed the hair out of her face with her finger.

"What's wrong?" She looked down and shook her head.

"I just don't want you involved in anything like that. Once you get involved with the media, it's hard to get out of it. I just don't want you in any problems,____-ah." My eyes widened and I literally thought my heart was going to stop. Since when does umma ever care about what I get involved in?! I almost yelled that out, but stopped myself.

"I get it. But, I have no other choice, I have to stay somewhere. And, don't you think staying with Key and the members is safer than staying by myself?" She slowly nodded.

"Okay, well it's decided. I'm going to go and start packing, I'll be out of my room in time to make you dinner" I stood up and walked to my room, which was down the hall from hers. It was exactly how I left it. Pink walls, polka-dot bedsheets, my collection of Kpop posters on my wall, my desk full of makeup, nail polish.hair accesories, perfumes. Yup, everythings just like before. I got one of my many suitcases out of my closet and went for my drawer. I started packing my clothes - not that there was a lot, we never had much money after appa passed away, just enough to get us what we needed - and as many belongings I could stuff into that suitcase. About an hour later, I had used two big suitcases full of clothes, with the acception of adding extra things to the second one. That leaves me with my makeup, nail polish, hair stuff, and extra stuff around me room - like my collection of kpop posters...mostly of Taemin.I decided to call it quits and keep packing tomorrow - I still had a week, right?

 

After cooking dinner for Umma and I, I went into my room and the little TV next to the door. Key had sent me money to buy it, since I wanted one for so long - to get away from everything. There was a K-Drama playing, from the last channel I left it on before I left two days ago for Seoul. That's all I do on my freetime. Watch movies and pretend my life was that perfect at first.. Having the perfect childhood, growing into a perfect teenage life, meeting the perfect guy. But then, of course, something terrible has to happen. Somebody dies or something tragic, and nothing goes back to normal after that. That's been my life for the past 14 years. The first 5 years of my life were okay, nothing extravagant. But that's when appa died, and everything got worse after that. Umma would always be in her room crying, only paying attention to Key - she loved Key more than anything, knowing he had potential and would get far in life, unlike me. She would literally ignore me most of the time, though she ignored me from the start. She didnt really want to have another child - lets just say, I was more of an accident - so she treated me as if I was. Appa was the only one that cared for me at first, and Key, but he was still too young to fully care for me.  I was Daddy's Little Girl, as a lot of people put it. But then, he just had to get in the way of a drunk guy. Thats when everything changed.
I realized I have been crying and turned off the TV, throwing my remote across the room. I quickly got into my pj's and jumped into bed, tears still falling. I just want to leave already. Get away from all the pain I feel here. Get away from all the haunting memories that come back to me here. I looked for my phone and called Key. He would understand.

"Yoboseyo?"He answered, sounding tired.

"Key? um..I was wondering..can I come earlier?" I sniffled, trying to get rid of the tears.

"Yeah, sure. What's wrong, ____-ah?" I wiped the tears off my face with my hand.

"Nothing, Key. I just wanted to make sure it was oka-"

"______-ah, I'm not stupid. Tell me what's wrong. And don't tell me nothings wrong, because I know somethings wrong. Don't hide anything from me," He insisted.

"I was just...thinking about everything. How everything changed. And i thought I should get away from my past as soon as I could, so I called you." I heard him sigh.

" You'll never forget, will you?" I could just see him shaking his head.

"How can I forget, oppa?" I almost yelled that, but stopped myself. I didn't want umma to hear me, since she has no idea what I've felt for the past 14 years.

"I know, ____-ah. Just try to get some sleep, okay? And don't worry, I'll buy you a plane ticket. Come in..2 days? I got to go, I'm practicing. Love you~"

"Love you too, oppa" With that he hung up. I felt exhausted and thought I should go to sleep, even though it was only 9:30pm. Usually, I went to sleep around 12 to 2 am everyday. I felt my eyes closing, and felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. Once again, I cried myself to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

annyeong! so..sorry I took so long on this chapter! I've been really busy this month so..yeah. *bows* mianhae! I'll try to update faster!

so once again, i completely made up this chapter >< but i think there will only be one more chapter before I start writing what I wrote on paper!! :D yayy! ><

also, I tried to write a bit of her (or should I say your...?) past in this chapter. Basically, her mom loves Key more than her and the only person who loved her was her dad but then he died so now the only person who loves her is Key (or is he the only one..?muahahaha). So she's all depressed and just wants to leave and get away from her past and start her new life in Seoul. Which explains why in the last chapter she said that even though she was only at the SHINee dorm for a day, they treated her like family. That was just kinda to explain that she's never been treated like family by people and stuff. It's kinda hard to explain, but I hope you understand what I mean! ^^

 ALSO, I don't know if I mentioned this (i probably didnt) but she's a really sensitive person...so she doesn't handle guilt or pain well. She just breaks down, because that's all she can do and doesnt think she has the power to do something else or stop it (sounds like someone I know *ahem* me *ahem* xD) so there might be a lot of sad chapters of her crying and talking about her past and stuff in this.  Yeah...i said nothing :D  

anyways, thats just explaining this chapter better! I was actually gonna write her past later in the story, but I thought it would be better to do it know so that you get an example of how her life was before.

SO..thank you for reading this sad chapter + this very long author's note about me blabbing on and on about this chapter...I thought i should explain it better since I don't think i did in the writing. so thank you! ^^

comment and subscribe if you like this story! and i'll try to update as fast as I can (which probably is like...every weekend or so?)

anyways...i'll shut up now! KAMSAHAMNIDA! <3

buhbyeeeee~ saranghae!

~XxyariibearxX :p