If This Is Our Fate.

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
20th February 2011

 

Jongkook came back to Seoul again to have his wedding ceremony with his future wife, Jinyoung. Their family wanted them to marry in Korea and will be staying there forever. Donghoon, his best friend and his main best man, was looking at him from afar. He could see that Jongkook had not been smiling. 

 

“Hyung.” Donghoon tapped on Jongkook’s shoulder. “I know you’re ok but this is your last chance. Do you really want to do this?” Jongkook did not say anything. After a few minutes, Jongkook opens his mouth, “As much as I want to cancel this wedding and look for her, I have to do this. If this is my destiny to marry Jinyoung, then I shall accept but, my love for Jihyo is stronger.”

 

“I will be living here as of today, I’m close to meeting her again. Someday. Somewhere.” Jongkook said and a few knocks on the door could be heard. “Is Jongkook hyung ready? He has to be at the altar now.” Sechan, who is Jongkook’s Best Man too, said. 

 

“Here goes nothing.” Jongkook left the dressing room and made his way to the altar.

 

Their wedding is held in a church. Only a few invited friends and families were there.

 

As the wedding march was playing in the background, Jongkook looked at his bride, making her way towards him. He could see her smiling and he wished that it was her. The woman behind the veil is Jihyo. Wished that he could smile at that beautiful face. But he went back to reality when Jinyoung was already in front of him.

 

Jinyoung saw the look at his face. He isn’t smiling like he used to. For the past few weeks, Jinyoung noticed the change in Jongkook’s attitude towards her. He used to be caring, focused and cheerful.

 

Ever since they met up for their wedding catering, picking on their tuxedos and dresses, type of flowers, etc, he has not been himself. He has been spacing out. The Jongkook she loved is not here with her.

 

When they made their vows, Jongkook did not sound sincere. He quickly put the ring on her without looking at her. He just stared at the ring and her hand. Jihyo.

 

23rd December 2010 - Throwback

 

Jongkook drove Jihyo to The Grove for sight-seeing and shopping. Jongkook may not be in the rich family but he made a lot of money from being a trainer to some big Hollywood stars. He bought her a cup of coffee as the weather was very cold that day. He even put his arms around her and she did not mind. 

Sometimes, Jongkook would give a few kisses on her cheeks when she did something cute. “How many times do you have to kiss me?” Jihyo raised an eyebrow at him but she was happy that Jongkook showed so much affection towards her.

 

“As long as you keep smiling and being cute, I won’t stop. Why? You don’t like it?” He said while pouting at her. She smiled at his pouting face and it was Jihyo’s turn to kiss him. Much to his surprise, she kisses him on the lips instead of his cheek. “Don’t stop.” She said and he smiled while he embraced her in his arms, not wanting to let her go.

 

He does not care about the passer-by looking at them. They’re in America. It’s a free country. Say what they want but only these two know but their love is complicated, to begin with. They love each other but none of them knows their exact feelings towards each other.

 

As they passed by some of the shops, Jihyo stopped in front of a shop that sells accessories such as necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. Jongkook was browsing them together with her. When she was trying out on the bracelets, he saw a pair of rings that are meant for a couple also known as Couple Rings.

 

It didn’t cost much when Jongkook asked for the price while Jihyo was busy looking and trying on the accessories. Before he could pay, he wanted to try if the ring fits her finger. He tried on his finger first. It was a little tight but they have a size bigger for him. “Perfect.” Then he turned to look at Jihyo when he took the display ring.

 

Jihyo jerked when Jongkook suddenly took her hand. She looked at him, “What’s wrong?” While they were looking at each other’s eyes, he looked down on her fingers. “A perfect fit. I’ll get this size and this.”

 

Jongkook told the retailer and Jihyo stood there frozen, thinking what the hell just happened. He turned to her, “Why that blank face, MongJi?”

 

“Mongji~?” Jongkook laughed. “Yes, MongJi~ My cute MongJi.” He pinched her cheeks and she was screaming in pain. “Sir?” He turned and took the paper bag from the cashier. “Thank you.” He said and he asked Jihyo, “Aren’t you getting anything?”

 

“Oh! I want this.” Jihyo said in simple English while handing in the bracelet. Jongkook laughed at Jihyo’s cute English. “Hold on.” He stopped the cashier and got the same bracelet. “I’ll pay for this too.” He told the cashier and Jihyo stopped him. “What are you doing? I can pay for my things and for you too!”

 

Jongkook shook his head, “Nope. You’re my date and I don’t mind spending my money and time for you.” He said and as he received the bracelets from the cashier, he gave one to Jihyo. “Now we have matching bracelets.” He put on the bracelet on her and himself.

 

“What about those rings?” Jihyo asked. “What ring?” She pointed out the bag he was carrying. “I’m saving these for the last.” He winked and he linked his fingers with hers. “Shall we?” She smiled and left the shop.

 

After dinner, they hung out at the Grand Park. “Oh my god! The fountain lights are beautiful!” Jihyo exclaimed. “Don’t you want to take pictures of it?” Jongkook reminded her, “Oh! Right!” Jihyo dug through her bag and took out her compact camera.

 

She began to take a few shots of the fountain and Jongkook went into the picture as she pressed the shutter. Jihyo laughed and Jongkook too. “Come, I’ll take a picture of you in it.”

 

“No thanks. I’m much of a camera shy.” Jihyo said and he raised an eyebrow. “If you’re camera-shy, you won’t be taking pictures of yourself.” Jongkook was browsing through her gallery. “Ya!” She wanted to grab the camera from him but as he raised his hand above his head, he took Jihyo by the neck and captured her lips.

 

Little did she know, Jongkook secretly took a picture of them kissing with the beautiful lit fountains. Jihyo could hear the sound of the shutter and she turned. “You took our picture?”

 

Jongkook smiled and looked at it. “W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter