Our Hearts Reunited.

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22nd February 2011

 

It was Jongkook’s and Jinyoung’s honeymoon in Bali. Jongkook did try his best to make Jinyoung happy but he couldn’t. Whenever they were sight-seeing, Jongkook would be staring into space.

 

Back at the hotel, they slept on the same bed but Jongkook would distance himself from her. When she tried to put her arms around him, he would gently push her away and sleep on the floor.

 

The next following day, dinner time, Jongkook brought her out.

 

They were having their quiet dinner and Jinyoung got frustrated. “Oppa. Why are you being like this after we’re married?? Whenever I get close to you, you distance yourself from me. Do I look like I have a disease? Where is that loving Jongkook I loved?”

 

Jongkook just looked at her coldly, “That guy is long gone. Listen here. I was never in love with you. I only see you as a friend. Nothing more. If you’re unhappy with me, you can end it here. Right now.” Jinyoung stood up and splashed a glass of water on his face.

 

She left the restaurant and he did not care about the people around him. He stood up and made payment. 

 

He went back to the hotel room and he saw Jinyoung on the bed, crying her eyes out. He did not feel bad at all. He never ever wanted this. He went into the bathroom and took his shower. He put on his bathrobe and took out his luggage. He began packing his clothes and Jinyoung turned.

 

“Where are you going?!” She stood up and pushed the luggage out from the bed. “Yah! Hong Jinyoung!”

 

“It’s her, isn’t it?! That girl you’ve been in love?! Don’t pretend, oppa! I saw the picture in your wallet! All this time I have been silent about this. Tell me oppa. What does she have that I don’t?” Jongkook angrily sighed, “Yes. It has always been her. What does she have? Nothing. She’s perfect in her own way. I love the way she smiles, I love the way she kissed…” The next thing he knew, a slap across his face.

 

“And she never slaps me when she’s angry.” That triggered her more. “I’m cutting the trip short. You can go back to Seoul by yourself. I’m leaving now.”

 

Jongkook went back to the bathroom with some new clothes. After a few minutes, he saw his luggage and his clothes all over the floor. He annoyingly sighed at the sight and began to pack as quickly as possible.

 

As he was about to leave the room, Jinyoung grabbed hold on his wrist. “Oppa! Don’t leave me! Please!!”

 

“Jinyoung ah. Leave me alone.” Jongkook is strong enough to take her hand off him and left without looking back.

 

When he reached Seoul alone, he went to Donghoon’s home. “Yah! What are you doing back here early? Seolma. Did you leave Jinyoung in Bali?!” Jongkook just looked at him angrily. “Arasso, arasso. Come in.”

 

“Hyung. You can’t do this to Jinyoung. Jihyo is married to some…” he stopped talking when Jongkook stared at him again. “Aish this hyung. Stop staring at me like that! You know it’s the truth. I know you still love her alot…”

 

“I am filing for a divorce.”

 

“Mwo?! Yah! You’ve been married to her for 2 days not 2 years! Don’t you think you’re being unfair?”

 

“Unfair? Life is being unfair to us. No matter how much I try, I can't do it. Jihyo’s face kept flashing in my head and I can’t stop. It pains me. A lot.” Donghoon just sat there in front of him. 

 

The next few days, Jinyoung came back from Bali. She went to her parents home when she found out that Jongkook was not in their own home. Jongkook has been staying at Donghoon’s for the past few days and trying to file a divorce.

 

When Jinyoung finally contacted Jongkook, they met at their home and he gave her the papers. She tore them to pieces and threw it at his face. “I won’t! I will never sign!” She stormed off to her room and that angered Jongkook.

 

They have been sleeping separately for nine years and Jongkook has been coming home late at night to avoid her. To his surprise, a man was in the house with her. The man stood up and wanted to leave.

 

“No. Where are you going? Go ahead and stay. I’ll leave. It’s good to have someone staying by her side.” Jongkook smiled at the stranger and left. Jinyoung chased after him. “Oppa!”

 

He stopped but didn’t turn around for her. “He’s just some guy I hired to make you jealous. You’ve been avoiding me for very long. You barely even touch me!”

 

Jongkook kept quiet. “You still haven’t changed, have you? It’s been years, oppa! I’ve been waiting for you to open your heart to me. Why are you doing this to me, oppa?” Jinyoung cried and Jongkook turned. “This is why I wanted a divorce from you. So that you won’t get hurt by me. I want you to be happy but I won’t be that person to make you happy. I’m the one that makes you cry and feel lonely every day and every night. But you chose to stay with me. Why? Because you love me? Jinyoung ah. What you’re doing now is hurting. You hurt yourself knowing the fact that I will never love you and this is a one-sided love. You hurt me because of this pathetic arranged marriage.”

 

“Then why did you agree in the first place?”

 

“I didn’t. Our parents did. They were best friends since they were in their teenage years. They have been arranging our marriage since we were born. And I happened to meet you in University because some jerks started to bully you. You took it the wrong way that I have feelings for you. Yes we started as friends but I only see you as a sister and nothing more.”

 

Jongkook began to confess everything. He told her everything that has been kept in his heart for s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter