"The Best Meaning in Life"

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
24th December 2011

 

That was the day Jihyo remembered Jongkook and her making love for the first time. She would never have thought that this is the day that her baby will be born. Her water broke when she was doing some maternity shopping with her brother, Seongmoon and her best friend, Somin.

 

Seongmoon and Somin have always been helping her during her pregnancy months. Somin was the one who recommended her to go to Los Angeles to find herself. And little did she know, Somin actually has a crush on Jihyo’s brother even though he is four years younger than her.

 

They quickly called an ambulance and Seongmoon asked his sister, “Should I call Yihan hyung to come?” Jihyo vigorously shook her head, “he won’t come.” She started to squirm in pain while holding hands with her brother. “Noona, breathe ok?”

 

While they were in the ambulance, Somin took Jihyo’s car. She managed to catch up on the vehicle. “Eonnie. Stay strong.”

 

As they arrived at the Emergency building, they quickly rushed Jihyo to the labour room.

 

The nurses approached Seongmoon and asked, “Are you Jihyo’s husband?”

 

“No, I’m her brother.” he said and the nurse continued, “Will her husband be around for the delivery?” Before he could answer, Yihan was already there. “I’m here. I’m Jihyo’s husband.” The nurse smiled, “This way, sir. Your wife will be expecting at any moment.” Yihan nodded. 

 

This is the first time Seongmoon and Somin saw Yihan making his attendance during Jihyo’s delivery. He was never there for her but they knew that he had been monitoring her health and whereabouts.

 

Yihan was wearing the disposable surgery gown and went into the room.

 

He saw Jihyo was trying her best to deliver her baby. He never expected that his wife was extending her hand towards him. “Hold me. Please.”

 

Jihyo saw a figure standing in front of her. In her head, she thought it was Jongkook who was there for her. She extended her hand and told him to hold her. “I’m here.” She knew that wasn’t Jongkook’s voice but she just held his hand as she was in pain.

 

“Ok, Mr Jin. I need your support in this. You have to remind your wife to keep breathing and pushing. Let her know that you’re with her.” Yihan nodded and held her close to him. He was never close to her like this before. He looked at her and she was trying her best to breathe and pushing her baby out.

 

He remembered looking at her baby ultrascan pictures when she was asleep. He also remembered telling her that he will never treat the child as his own.

 

Once Jihyo gave her last energy to deliver her first child, she heard the baby crying and they went to Yihan. “Congratulations, Mr Jin. Your wife has successfully delivered a healthy baby boy.” Even though it was not his, he started smiling at the baby and carried him on his arms.

 

His smile faded when the baby looked nothing like his mother. Except for his lips are like Jihyo’s. There is no way in heaven or hell couldn’t tell that this baby is his. He gave the baby back to the nurse and left the room.

 

Seongmoon and Somin saw Yihan left, taking out the mask and the hairnet angrily. They looked at each other and they were worried.

 

While in the room, the nurses and doctor were clueless at what just happened. The nurse just gave the baby to Jihyo. “Have you thought of a name for your son, Mrs Jin?”

 

“He’s beautiful.” Jihyo smiled and said, “He has his father’s look.” Another clueless look from the hospital staff. “Jiwon. His name is Jiwon. He will always be my Jiwon.”

 

There are many meanings for Jiwon. To Jihyo, Jiwon is her support (jiwon hada - to support). Even without Jongkook by her side, there will be a support next to her. Other than that, Jiwon can also mean; the best meaning in life and is wise and beautiful.

 

Few days later, Jihyo was still in the hospital. Heechul stopped by to look at his nephew as well. Heechul said he looked nothing like her and his boss. Jihyo does not feel bad about it. “Well, I guess his genes are stronger.” 

 

Heechul took a seat next to her bed. “Do you know that he’s been in the office all day? He looked haggard ever since you gave birth.” Jihyo has no reaction to it at all. “What should I do? Abandon Jiwon and have his baby?” Jihyo snickered and looked away.

 

“Noona, aren’t you afraid about what people would say if Jiwon do not have any of your looks and Yihan hyung’s?” Jihyo rolled her eyes. “Whatever they say about my son is none of their concern. If Yihan-ssi is not happy about it, I can accept his divorce anytime. I’ve always been ready.”

 

“That’s not going to happen.” Yihan entered the room with a bouquet on his hand.

 

“Heechul ssi, could you leave me and my wife alone, please?” Heechul nodded, bowed and left the room. As he shut the door behind him, Yihan placed the bouquet on the table, not looking at his wife. “His name’s Jiwon, huh?”

 

“Yeh?” Jihyo was puzzled, “Your son.”

 

“Eo, right.” Jihyo was looking at the man in front of her who was not looking at her, still. 

 

“I have another deal for you.” Jihyo snickered. “Yah. Do you think I’m like a business deal to you? I would rather divorce you than making a deal.”

 

“Divorce? So that you can find his biological father and you can live happily with him?” Yihan snickered back at her and took out a file. He passed it to Jihyo. “What is this?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter