Our Family Date.

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
18th April 2020

 

It’s Saturday and the cherry blossoms are still blooming. Kim Jongkook was waiting on the bench, waiting for Jihyo and his son to meet and have their first family date.

 

For the past few days, Jihyo and him exchanged texts every day and every night. 

 

Jihyo would move to a secluded corner of the house so that Yihan wouldn't suspect her. She would hope that her husband wouldn't find out that Jongkook and her had found each other. Whenever her husband left for the office, Jihyo would stop by at Jongkook’s workplace.

 

When Jongkook has no clients on that day, Jongkook would bring her to the changing room and kissed her there. They have been waiting for that moment. They have been longing for each other for a very long time. They thought they would never meet again but it is really their destiny.

 

“I missed you. So much.” Jihyo said in between the kisses and Jongkook smiled, “So am I, Jihyo ya.” He lifted her up and she wrapped herself around his waist. “You’re still light as before.” Jihyo smiled, “All thanks to your son. He made me play soccer with him and Seongmoon.” Jongkook eyes widened. “My son… Plays soccer?” she nodded. “I guess he has my brother’s talent for playing soccer.”

 

“Jihyo ya. I love soccer. I used to play for our school team since I was middle school.” Jihyo was surprised, “This isn't fair. Jiwon has all of your traits.” Jihyo sulked and looked away from him. He was still carrying her and her back was still on the wall. Jongkook placed his hand on her cheek and made her face him, “Shall we make one more then? I would like to have a beautiful daughter like you.” Jihyo chuckled, “No. You’ll love her more than me.” Jongkook smile faded, “Ya, you have Jiwon with you for nine years and loved him all your life. I have never carried my own son ever since we were separated.” Jihyo was stunned, “Oh, right.”

 

They laughed and continued making out in the changing room. They didn’t make love on that day as she has her period and count that as her luck because she would get pregnant again if they ever do it. But why would she be afraid to let her husband know about Jongkook? That she is having an affair with Jongkook again.

 

Isn't it time for her to divorce her husband? But at the same time, she felt bad for leaving him and she realised all these time, she never had a happy memory of Yihan. Yes, she did open her heart for him a little but whenever she was with her son, her feelings for Jongkook became stronger.

 

And that day has come. The day Jongkook gets to spend his time with his son and his love. When Jongkook saw a car arrive, Jihyo and Jiwon got out of the car. He stood up and went towards them. It was Jihyo’s brother who sent them there. “So that Yihan never suspects us.” Jihyo said and Jongkook felt guilty for making her do this. Having a secret relationship behind their spouses back but Jongkook had made it clear to Jinyoung that he filed for an annulment of marriage.

 

When Seongmoon waved at them and told them to enjoy themselves, Jiwon turned to his uncle, “You’re not coming along, samchon?” Seongmoon looked at his sister and his “potential” brother-in-law, he smiled at his favourite nephew, “Aniyo, Jiwonnie. Today will be the best day of your life. So I don’t think I am allowed in this outing. You have fun, araji?” Jiwon sulked and nodded.

 

Before Seongmoon got into his car, he turned to Jongkook, “Take care of my sister, will you, hyung? And my nephew.” Jongkook smiled and locked hands with Jihyo, raising it up. “I will. Don’t worry. I saved her once and will forever.” Jiwon then looked at his mother who was holding hands with him. He had never seen his mother this happy before.

 

Jongkook did not want to make a fast move on his son first. As they are still strangers to each other. So, Jongkook stood next to Jihyo while holding hands and she held Jiwon’s on the other. Jongkook brought them to his car. “Are we still going to Everland?” Jiwon asked. “Of course, honey!”

 

“Actually, you don’t have to bring me along if both of you are going for a date, you know.” Jongkook and Jihyo looked at each other. “Eomma. I’m not that stupid to know that both of you are dating behind appa’s back.” Jiwon leaned towards his mother, “Jiwon ah. It’s best you sit back and wear your seatbelt.” Jihyo said and he listened to her. Jihyo was thinking how she should explain to him in front of Jongkook.

 

Even Jongkook was nervous about their family date. If they tell him that Jongkook is his actual father, they’re worried Jiwon would hate him and will not understand.

 

When they reached their destination, Jiwon stood still next to Jongkook’s car and was looking at his mother and her “friend” holding hands. Jihyo turned, “What’s wrong, Jiwon ah.”

 

“Is he my real father?” Jiwon asked and this is all of a sudden for them. Their son is too smart and they are nervous as hell. “I am not a 3-year-old kid, eomma. I’m going to be *10 this year. Most of my schoolmates, especially my soccer team seniors are dating. I would rather play soccer than going to Everland.” Then Jongkook realised that Jiwon is actually afraid of roller-coasters. 

(*Korean age, Jiwon's international age will be turning 9.)

But Jihyo and him aren’t afraid of any rides. They’re like the daredevil couple. “Jiwon ah. Perhaps you say those because you’re afraid, are you? You’re afraid of the roller-coasters.” Jongkook said and let go of Jihyo’s hand. “Are you not happy for your mother, Jiwon ah? You knew that your mother was alone all these years and you finally get to see her this happy on this day. The day you get to see your real mother’s happiness. You’re smart, Jiwon ah. What makes you think that I’m your real father?” Jongkook kneeled on one knee so that he could talk to his son eye to eye at the same level.

 

“I’ve been watching you from the rear view mirror. When you smiled at my eomma, it’s that same smile I gave to her. And when my samchon talked to you it's as if you guys knew each other very well. Why did you leave eomma at the first place?”

 

Jongkook did not blink his eyes when his son was interrogating him. Jongkook looked down, chuckled and met his eyes again, “I did not leave your mother, Jiwon ah. We got separated. Your mother was being dragged by someone who she didn’t love at all. She told me not to find her but I have to. You have no idea how much I have been looking for your mother and I was not aware of you till that day we met at the BBQ house.”

 

Jihyo stood there watching Jongkook and Jiwon talking to each other. Jongkook talked to his son like a grown man. He treated him like an adult because they knew that Jiwon is just like Jongkook who didn’t like to be treated like a child.

 

“I can understand that you don’t see me as your father, yet. But, I really want this day to be our best day as a family. I am sure you want to know how it feels to have a happy and loving family, right?” Jiwon’s eyes teared when Jongkook mentioned about being a happy family. He has been wishing that since he was five, after the death of his grandfather.

 

“It’s up to you to call me samchon. I don’t have the right to have you call me, appa right?” Jiwon nodded and Jongkook smiled. “I will be your samchon and your best friend. Is that alright with you?” Jiwon smiled while he’s in tears. He nodded again and Jongkook stood up, extending his hand. “Come. I’ll protect you as well when we take the roller coasters.”

 

Jihyo felt relieved. When Jongkook and Jiwon were walking towards her, she smiled at them. She hugged her son first. “Eomma. Let’s go. Let’s have fun.” She turned to Jongkook and mouthed him ‘Thank You’. He acknowledged it and all of a sudden, Jiwon took Jihyo’s and Jongkook’s hand together, linking them. Jiwon stood next to his mother and walked side by side - by side.

 

At first they went to the Everland safari. Jongkook took turns to sit next to Jihyo then Jiwon.

 

They even played ‘rock-paper-scissors’. Whoever loses, gets to ride the coasters. Most of the time, Jiwon got lucky. He was exempted almost all of the rides except one. The last ride of the day, the Rolling X-Train. Jihyo won and it was Jongkook and Jiwon’s turn. “Hey that isn’t fair. You guys are killing me here.” Jongkook complained. “Stop being a , oppa. Have fun guys!” Jihyo waved and the boys went to the queue.

 

“Jongkook samchon.” Jiwon called for him, “Do you like playing soccer?”

 

“Me? Of course, I do! Soccer is like my best sports game. I was once a champion when I was around your age. Our school did not have the best t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter