Time Will Tell

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
20th April 2020

 

Jihyo was in a cafe with her best friend, Somin and she received a message from her son.

 

Uri Jiwonnie
Eomma. I’m going to play soccer with friends. So, I’ll be home late.

 

Jihyo replied while smiling,

 

Ok adeul ah. Get home safe. But not too late.

 

Jihyo put down her phone and Somin asked, “Is that your secret lover?”

 

“Secret lover?” Jihyo played dumb. “Oh come on, eonnie. Your LA lover? Seongmoon oppa told me about it.” Somin gasped when she mentioned Seongmoon oppa. Jihyo’s eyes opened wide and stared at her friend, “Wait. Oppa? You’re older than Seongmoon. Oh. No. Two of you.” Jihyo picked up her phone to call her brother but Somin stopped her.

 

“Aniya, eonnie ya. Please. We wanted to tell you when the time is right but…”

 

“But….?”

 

“But you seemed very happy when you met Jongkook hyung so did not want to ruin your happy moments.” Seongmoon said from behind her. Jihyo turned and followed her gaze at her brother who took a seat next to Somin.

 

“How long has this been going on?” They looked at each other then Somin was eye-balled to Seongmoon to tell her. “When Jiwon turned 5.”

 

“YOU’VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR FIVE YEARS AND DIDN’T TELL ME ABOUT IT?!” Jihyo raised her voice and many eyes were on her. “Ya. Five years is a pretty long time. Were you planning to tell me this when I die?! Not to mention, you guys were together after our father passed away?” Somin hung her head low but Seongmoon’s head remained high. “Noona. You weren’t in your best self after giving birth to Jiwon and both of us were in grief after appa died. Somin and I have been taking care of you and Jiwon. And Somin cheered me up when I kept thinking of appa. There’s no way both of us felt something going on between us.”

 

Jihyo fanned herself with her hand and started to breathe irregularly. Then she began to calm herself down. Then began to smile. Somin and Seongmoon looked at her scarily. “Actually, I knew about it.”

 

“Huh?” Seongmoon and Somin gave a questionable look.

 

“You can’t hide from your sister, baboya!” Jihyo threw some cookie crumbs on her brother. “The same shoes? That same bracelets. You think I didn’t notice? And at times you guys miraculously wore the same coloured shirts.” Jihyo emphasized on the word miraculously.

 

Somin smiled in guilt, “Eonnie, if you knew about it, why didn’t you say anything?”

 

“I am just waiting for you guys to say it. Seems like today is the day I get to know about it? Thanks to Somin’s slip up.” Somin and Seongmoon looked at each other and smiled. “So, we get your blessings too?”

 

“What blessings?” Jihyo looked at both of them, “Seongmoon just proposed to me last night over our anniversary dinner.” Somin showed Jihyo the ring. “Eomma knows about it.” Seongmoon said and Jihyo just smiled at them. “Well, as long as both of you are happy. Congratulations you guys.” Jihyo stood up and welcomed Somin in the family.

 

Jihyo couldn’t be happier for them. They have been through together thick and thin. Of course who wouldn’t fall in love? Jihyo knew right from the start that both of them would hit it well despite the age difference. She knew her brother wouldn’t go for younger cute girls. He preferred a woman who likes the way Seongmoon is. The way he treated Jiwon like his own son made Somin fall for him.

 

******

 

Jongkook and the others were playing soccer.

 

Jiwon saw the way Jongkook played was very competitive. It made Donghoon and Sechan panting very hard. They were playing without any goalkeepers on each side. “Appa here! I’m open!” When Jongkook and the guys heard that, Jongkook stopped and the ball was stolen from Sechan.

 

Sechan laughed so hard and said, “hyung got distracted!” Sechan passed to Donghoon and they scored. Jongkook was indeed distracted and Jiwon bit his lips. “Wah~ Jiwon really knows how to distract our Jongkook hyung.” Donghoon patted Jiwon’s back and Jongkook pushed Donghoon lightly. “Shut up.”

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have.” Jiwon went to him. “It’s ok, Jiwon ah. I think those words came up naturally. Right? As long as you’re comfortable calling me that, I got nothing against it. Besides, it made me happier.” Jiwon smiled. “For now, let’s keep everything a secret from your eomma. Alright?” Jiwon smiled and nodded. They made a pinky promise and sealed off with their thumbs pressing against each other. 

 

After playing soccer, the boys made their way to Donghoon’s BBQ and had their dinner. Again, Jiwon texted his mother.

 

Eomma, I’m having dinner with the guys now. Hongjae’s father is with us.

 

Dearest Eomma
Alright. ;)

 

Jongkook cut the beef for his son and grilled for him. “Eat well.” Jongkook said and Jiwon said his thank-yous.

 

After dinner, Jongkook drove his son home but a few meters away from his home. To be cautious as his son is ten, does not mean he can handle himself alone. They will never know what will happen. Jongkook walked his son towards the gate and ruffled his hair. “I’ll see you on Thursday, alright?” Jiwon nodded.

 

“I promised we’ll do better on Thursday. We’ll crush those cheating samchon.” Jongkook laughed and hugged his son, “That’s the spirit. Come on.”

 

“Appa?”

 

Jongkook did not realise that he has been hugging his son for a long time until his son called him appa again. He let him go and patted his head. “Good night, Jiwonnie.”

 

Jiwon waved, “Good night, appa.” They smiled at each other and Jiwon entered the house safely. Jongkook walked away while looking up at the house. He then saw Jihyo standing near the window, he quickly hid himself before she noticed him. He took a peek and smiled at her nicely figured silhouette. 

 

23th April 2020

 

Jongkook and Jiwon met again but without Sechan and Donghoon as they were busy with their own work. So, on that day, Jongkook taught a few moves.

 

“We’re going to do some stretching first.” Jongkook told Jiwon as he is a trainer after all. Stretching before and after doing any sports is important. 

 

Jiwon has nothing to object to as he is used to doing some stretching before practise. “So, are you ready?” Jongkook asked and Jiwon enthusiastically yelled, “YEAH!”

 

“That’s my boy. Come on.” Jongkook and Jiwon made their way to the field and started to teach him.

 

“Well, I’m going to teach you a basic skill to trick your defender which is your uncle.” Jiwon laughed. “First, it’s called a ‘Stop & Go’.”

Jongkook began to demonstrate it to his son.

 

“First when you’re running down the wing, use the inside of your foot to momentarily stop the ball. You see?” Jongkook slowly demonstrated, he kicked the ball and used his front part of his leg to stop it. “You have to move fast with your other foot. If not, your defender will get his chance to steal it from you. See?”

 

Jongkook went back to the first step of the play and quickly used his other foot to push the ball in the same direction. He repeated the steps again, slowly and kept getting faster. Jiwon’s eyes were in awe when he saw his father do it so naturally like as if he was in the league before like his uncle.

 

“Now you try it.” Jiwon stood up from the field and went towards him. “Yup. Your footwork should be fast. Ok. Now try to dribble the ball left to right a little bit faster. Yes! That’s the way!”

 

Jongkook began to tackle him and Jiwon made it. His first ‘Stop-and-Go’ tip. “Appa! I did it!”

 

“Good job!” They high-fived each other and Jongkook ruffled his son’s hair.

 

“Now let’s try the next Intermediate trick. I call this ‘Outside Step Over’.” Jiwon’s eyebrow raised.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter