The Fool.

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
9th October 2010

 

Jihyo’s father worked from Yihan’s family as a chauffeur. Yihan met her when they went for the company dinner. Yihan fell in love with her at first sight. Her beauty and simplicity attracted him.

 

He went towards her while she was drinking her red wine and one of their delicious hor d'oeuvres. “Enjoying yourself?” He crept behind her and started to talk to her softly. She almost choked on her food and turned. 

 

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” She just stared at him and walked away. “Wait.” he stopped in front of her and Jihyo’s parents along with his parents saw that Yihan was shyly talking to Jihyo. Jihyo has no reaction towards him. 

 

Yihan then heard a music playing and saw a few people start to slow dance. He offered his hand, “shall we dance?” Jihyo looked around and not a single young person was dancing to it. She looked at him, “I can’t dance. I’m sorry. I have to go.”

 

“Hey hey… At least tell me your name. I… I think I like you.” She raised an eyebrow at him. “That’s a bold move, Mr Jin. If I tell you who I am, you would regret that you talked to me.” She said and walked away as fast as possible.

 

Jihyo walked towards her cousin, Kim Heechul, who was busily chatting with his group of friends. “Oppa. Let’s go. I hate it here.” Jihyo said and eyed Yihan. Heechul turned at Jihyo’s gaze. Heechul waved at Yihan.

 

“You know him?” Jihyo asked and he looked at her, “Yeah. He’s the CEO of the place I’ve been working at. Don’t you know?” Jihyo smacked her forehead. “Why is the whole family working for this guy?” Jihyo shook her head and left the party.

 

Jihyo was working as a Retail Assistant in a boutique. Yihan saw her and entered the boutique. Many girls were trying to serve him but he walked towards Jihyo. “Hi. I need help.”

 

She turned and was surprised to see him, “What are you doing here? Those girls are more interested to serve you more than me. I’m busy.” She tried to turn away but he grabbed her arm. “Join me for lunch. Later. Please.”

 

She rejected him again, “I’m sorry. No. Please don’t come here anymore. I’m not interested in you.”

 

Yihan called up Jihyo’s father to his office the next day.

 

“Yes, sir? You called for me?” Yihan turned his chair away from the window. “Ah! Mr Song, I would like to talk to you about something.” Yihan offered him a seat on the sofa in the middle of the office. As they both sat down, Yihan called the secretary to bring in the tea.

 

While Jihyo’s father was waiting for the tea to come, he looked around the office. Yihan looked at him and smiled. He was fiddling with his fingers and finally the tea arrived. The secretary placed the teas in front of them and left.

 

“Mr Song. I know you have been serving my family for 20 years. I appreciate that.” When Jihyo’s father heard that, he thought he was going to be fired. “Oh.. No.. Are you going to terminate me, Mr Jin?” Yihan almost spilled out his tea. “Ah! No no… I meant… Listen to what I have to say. I haven’t gotten to that part yet.” Yihan said with a smile.

 

“I want to marry your daughter, Jihyo.” Mr Song was shocked. “But Mr Jin… She’s not of your status. She’s... a simple child.” Yihan nodded, “I’m aware of that. But your daughter is very difficult to get through. So I thought maybe you could help me?”

 

Mr Song’s face brightened when his boss’s son wanted to marry his daughter. 

 

“I’ll do what I can, Mr Jin.” Jihyo’s father smiled and shook hands with Yihan.

 

When Yihan made an announcement that he wanted to marry the daughter of their family driver, Yihan’s family objected at first as Jihyo’s family are nothing but a poor family. 

 

Yihan went against his family’s objection and threatened to leave the company and their business will be over. Afraid to lose their son and their business, they allowed him to marry her.

 

As for Jihyo’s father, he talked to his daughter about Yihan, “Jihyo ya. I’ve gotten old. I won’t stay forever young. Who’s going to take care of you when I’m gone? Who’s going to take care of everybody in this house? Yihan can help us financially. You can be happy with him. Listen to me Jihyo. Yihan will be coming here to pick you up and have dinner with him. You’ll know what kind of person he is. I’m sure you’ll say yes to him.” Jihyo thought about this very deeply.

 

Her father gave her 3 boxes that were wrapped. “He wants you to wear these for dinner.” Jihyo removed the cover from all the boxes. It was a blue laced split side pleated dress with blue high-heeled shoes and a bag that goes well with her dress and shoes.

 

She got ready in about an hour and as she looked into the mirror, her family could not recognise her. “You look pretty, noona. He really knows how to dress you up nicely.” Jihyo rolled her eyes, “Because he slept with many women in his life.” Jihyo said.

 

There was a knock at the door and Jihyo’s brother answered the door. “May I see Jihyo please?” Jihyo and her parents peeked and it was Yihan dressed up so smartly in a neighbourhood that does not go well with him. 

 

“I’m here to collect Jihyo.” Jihyo came out from her room and Yihan was astonished upon looking at her. He did pick a right dress for her. “You look amazing. Shall we?” He offered his arm and she took it.

 

He brought her to his Porsche 911 Carrera. She was not impressed at all. Sure he’s rich and all. But she was wondering why he picked her and not other rich spoiled girls?

 

She decided to go along and find out why.

 

He drove her to a high class restaurant where only millionaires went to have their dinner.

 

Yihan went to bring her towards the waiter while the valet parked his car. “A reservation for Jin Yihan.” Before Yihan could mention his arrival, the waiter already knew who he was and began to call for someone on the talkie. 

 

“My server will bring you to your table.” Yihan smiled and he escorted her in like she’s royalty.

 

The waiter brought them to a private room where there is only a table with two chairs in the middle of the room. The room was decorated with roses in each corner of the room. There were candles too. Jihyo felt uncomfortable with it. Yihan saw it and told the waiters to remove them.

 

Jihyo was shocked to see many waiters and waitresses removing the things away. “I can see that you’re not comfortable with all of this. Maybe I’ll just take this like it’s a get-to-know dinner.” He said with a smile and Jihyo did not say anything.

 

Yihan pulled a chair for her to sit and pushed it in as she sat down. “Thank you.” Jihyo said and Yihan smiled. He went opposite her and sat down. “I took the liberty of picking some of the dishes. I asked your family about your preference of food. They said you are not much of a picky eater.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter