Doljanchi

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
24th December 2012

 

A year after Jiwon’s birth, Jihyo planned a small birthday gathering for her son. Only those in her inner circle were invited. She actually discussed the party with her husband a few months ago. 

 

** 17th October 2012 **

 

Yihan was in his home office to do his work and when one of the housemaids wanted to bring in the coffee, Jihyo stopped her. “Is that for Yihan oppa?”

 

“Yes, ma’am.” Jihyo smiled and took the tray from her. “It's ok. I’ll bring this to him. I need to discuss something with him.” The housemaid nodded and turned around to continue her other house-chores. 

 

Jihyo stopped in front of the door and knocked. She heard her husband saying, “come in”. She opened the door and he was surprised to see Jihyo delivering him the coffee.

 

Jihyo nervously walked towards him and put the coffee in front of him. He knew that she wanted something from him but he pretended not to know. He continued with his work and Jihyo stood there. In front of his desk, there was a picture of him and her during their wedding ceremony. And another picture of just Jihyo. 

 

All this time, he would only look at the picture when he’s stressed but it was unusual for Jihyo to visit his home office. The feeling he has never felt before. He was happy and excited to see her in front of him.

 

He looked up to her, “is there anything you need?” Yihan asked her and he saw that she was fiddling her fingers. “I… I needed… I mean… I… It’s about Jiwon’s 1st birthday party.” His smile faded and Jihyo could tell that he does not want to hear about it.

 

“I know he’s not your son but…” Jihyo doesn't want to use this special card on him but it’s important for her and Jiwon to celebrate. She continued, “for my sake? You said you would do anything for me. Anything to make me happy. The only thing that could make me very happy right now is to have Jiwon’s first birthday party, please?”

 

And after giving birth to Jiwon, Jihyo has been obeying to Yihan. 

 

Yihan finally claimed her as his wife. Yihan was happy that Jihyo slowly opened up to him. 

 

Yihan took a deep breath, “who are you inviting?”

 

“Just my side of my family,” Jihyo said while looking down. “It’s just a small party, oppa. I need enough money to just get Jiwon his first birthday cake and some decorations.”

 

“Where?” Yihan asked and Jihyo answered, “At my parents.” 

 

Yihan stood up from his seat and went towards her. He gently took her shoulders and looked deeply into her eyes. “What will I get in return?” Jihyo bit her lips and gave him a quick peck on the lips. Yihan smiled and shook his head. “Not enough.”

 

“Then how should I return the favour?” Yihan smiled and whispered, “all of you.” Jihyo froze and she gave him a fake smile. “You don’t have to ask.” Jihyo placed her hand on his cheek and lightly slapped him. “I’m your wife. Don’t treat me like I’m those cheap . If you can’t help me, that’s fine. Sorry for bothering you.” Jihyo her heels but was grabbed by him.

 

“Hey. I’m just joking. Sure. I will help you with your son’s birthday party. But, we’ll do it in the hotel. I’ll bring my family too. They thought your kid is mine and they have been pestering me to do the party. I wanted to give you a surprise but… seems like you came to me for help first. I can say that, I’m very happy.” Yihan brushed Jihyo’s hair behind her ears, looking into her eyes.

 

“I can’t wait for us to have our own child.” Yihan said and Jihyo just stared at him and her eyes started to look down on the floor. He lifted her chin and they said nothing to each other. Jihyo on the other hand was not feeling very comfortable. 

 

Jihyo did find her husband good-looking and smart but she did not feel the connection that she had with Jongkook. It happened naturally and God gave them a special gift, a baby boy.

 

Then Jihyo realised that she hadn't thanked her husband, “Thank you, by the way. For helping.” He shook his head, “You know I’m doing this just for you right?” She nodded and he gave a quick kiss on her forehead. He slowly let her go and she left his home-office. He was hoping for her to turn back but she didn’t. She closed the door behind her and made her way to her room where she placed her son’s cradle next to the bed.

 

Yihan doesn’t like the idea of putting Jiwon in the same room as them and Jihyo made her decision that she will sleep with her son in a different room since they have many rooms in the house.

 

So, at times, Yihan would go to the room and sleep next to his wife.

 

What frustrates him the most is seeing the tiger doll. Jihyo gave it to her son and his little fingers were grabbing onto the tiger’s paw. Yihan found it cute but he snapped back to reality and went on his own way.

 

24th December 2012 - Jiwon’s 1st Birthday; Doljanchi

 

Everything has been set up at the function hall in the hotel they booked for Jiwon’s first birthday. She invited her side of family and close friends while Yihan had no choice but to invite his family and close friends too.

 

Yihan was astonished looking at Jihyo who was wearing a hanbok for the first time. She looked so beautiful in a pink hanbok and he can’t deny the fact that her face glows when she has Jiwon with her. While Yihan was wearing a blue hanbok, to keep up with the tradition. He actually wanted to dress up in a suit but Jihyo was very strict about it as this is a very important day for Jiwon.

 

While Jihyo was holding on to baby Jiwon, she greeted her in-laws and there was a sudden change in their look when they saw Jiwon. Yihan noticed it too. “Yihan ah. A word?” His mother called and he nodded. They brought him to the corner.

 

“The baby looks nothing like you. Is Jihyo…” Yihan smiled and defended Jihyo. “It’s not like that eomma. He takes after her looks. He may look different now but as he grows, he’ll be a good-looking son. Like me.” His mother raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Stop being skeptical eomma.” Yihan said and she frowned while his father said, “I know your wife doesn’t like you, Yihan ah. Tell us the truth. Is Jiwon really your son? He has nothing of your features on him.”

 

Yihan sighed heavily and looked at Jihyo who was happily carrying Jiwon and saw his brother-in-law playing with him. “Yihan ah. No matter how much you love her, you can’t hide the fact that Jiwon is not yours. She had an affair with another man, am I wrong?”

 

Yihan’s fists curled into a ball, “You can leave the party if you think that way. You wanted me to do this party anyway.” Yihan left them and went towards Jihyo. He placed his hand behind her back. Jihyo was surprised to have Yihan by her side. She turned and saw that his parents were about to leave.

 

“Oppa, your parents…” Jihyo said but was cut off by him, “Let them be.”

 

It was about time for Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter