Best Mother Award

Parenting 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year old.

"Naeun-ah, come to me," Tiffany said and opened her arms.

"No! Naeun, come to Umma." Taeyeon shook the rattle toy in her hand to attract her daughter's attention. She waved the toy harder when Naeun started to crawl towards both of them, but at the end, the girl chose to move into Tiffany's embrace instead."Why? I even have your favourite toy." Taeyeon gave the rattle toy to her daughter when the girl extended her hands for it.

"That's why you should play by the rules," Tiffany said, hugging the girl closer.

****

2 years old.

"Come here, sweetie," Tiffany gently called out to her daughter.

"Naeun-ah, I have this cute pink doll. You want it, don't you?" Taeyeon showed the newly bought doll to her daughter.

The little girl saw the doll and thought that it was the ugliest doll ever and straightaway ran to hug Tiffany.

"What the?" 

"You should have known by now that she hates pink the most," Tiffany said.

"Really? I mean I know she likes blue, but I thought she's neutral with other colours." Taeyeon sighed and tossed the doll aside.

****

3 years old.

"No cheating, Taeyeon," Tiffany warned her wife.

"Don't worry, I want to play fair this year."

Both of them called out Naeun's name in an attempt to get the girl's attention. Just as the little girl was about to run to Tiffany, Taeyeon sneaked out a lollipop from her back pocket, halting the girl. Naeun saw the lollipop in Taeyeon's hand and impulsively ran towards Tiffany and hugged her. 

"I guess you love your mommy more than sweets, huh?" Taeyeon smiled when the girl came and hugged her afterwards.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you that the other day, I started giving her ice cream for the first time. I think she has stopped liking sweets." 

"Sigh. Can we stop doing this next year?" Taeyeon dejectedly said, making Tiffany laugh.

****

4 years old.

"Tae!" 

"Wait!" Taeyeon rushed out of the kitchen into the living room.

"I thought you wanted to play fair?" Tiffany asked once she saw a pint of ice cream in Taeyeon's hand.

"I don't care. I have to win this year," Taeyeon desperately said, and sat on the floor beside Tiffany.

"Ready?" Tiffany asked her daughter. The little girl nodded. "Now, pick your favourite mom," Tiffany instructed her daughter.

Taeyeon scooped the ice cream from the tub and showed it to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter