Blue

Parenting 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 years ago. 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were having a dinner date at Taeyeon's favourite restaurant. They frequently went to the restaurant because Taeyeon loved the taste of the homemade food and the fact that the restaurant's location was a bit secluded, away from the reporters. 

"Why are you wearing like a hobo?" Tiffany asked, observing the holes in Taeyeon's shirt.

"It's swag." Taeyeon made a weird swag gesture.

They ordered their food and talked about their days until the food arrived.

"When we get married later, do you want to have children?" Taeyeon asked, making Tiffany choke on her food at the sudden question.

"Be careful," Taeyeon said, and handed a glass of water to Tiffany.

"Do you want to marry me?" Tiffany took a sip of the water and asked her girlfriend. 

"Of course! What kind of question is that?"

"Are you proposing to me right now?"

"No, I just want to know if you want to have a kid." She lowered her voice.

"Why aren't you proposing to me yet?" Tiffany teased. 

"Forget it," Taeyeon somberly said. She had planned to propose to Tiffany for a long time, but being a singer under the constant pressure of public opinion had restricted her from achieving that one dream.

"I was just joking. Yes, I want to have children."

"How many?" Taeyeon asked excitedly.

"Just one please. I can't even handle you, let alone having too many kids."

"Good enough," Taeyeon said, satisfied with the answer because she had thought the same. "But what if our daughter or son hates pink?" she continued.

"No way! I'm going to make sure that their favourite colour is pink. If they hate it, I will do everything in my power to brainwash them into worshipping pink."

"I'm going to marry a crazy woman," Taeyeon said and shuddered.

"What's with the sudden question?" Tiffany asked, dismissing the witty comeback.

"Hmm? I was just thinking of the future, after we get married, and wondered if you want to have a kid. It would be so much fun to add another person into our family, right?" Taeyeon saw the dreamy look on the latter's face after she said that and felt sorry. "I'm sorry. I didn't intend to make you wait for me any longer, but I don't know when--" 

Tiffany prevented Taeyeon from finishing her sentence and held her hand. "Take your time, Taeyeon-ah. I want you to do the things you love the most. I will always wait for you, so you don't have to worry," Tiffany said. She knew that her girlfriend had been stressing too much about finding the right time to come out to the public. On top of that, the woman was scared of losing her job as a singer and the implications that would follow it later.

Taeyeon saw the look of determination in Tiffany's eyes, and that was when she realised that she should be brave and risk it all for the woman in front of her. "Finish your food faster. Let's go back to my house. I want to do you because I love you the most," Taeyeon said. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter