HAPPY

Parenting 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Taeyeon took a long, hard look at the possibility of coming back to the music industry by studying the reactions from her previous appearance, she decided to try her luck. With a lot of support from family and friends, she was determined to take back her spot as a singer.

Courtesy of that, she had been busy preparing for her comeback under NEON Entertainment's management, although she hadn't revealed her real position to the public yet.

Since Taeyeon didn't want her daughter to wait at the recording studios for hours, Tiffany had to take Naeun to the office with her. The woman didn't really have much to do in the office for that week after all.

Tiffany had finished reading the proposal for the new project and was about to get ready to go home when her secretary knocked on her office door. "Come in."

"I just got a call that you need to attend the board meeting for HW Holding at 3 p.m. today," her secretary said as soon as she entered.

"What? Why so sudden?" She grabbed her phone off the desk to call her brother.

"The board meeting was summoned by your dad."

Tiffany sighed. She knew if it was her dad, then it must be important. She sent her secretary back to her work and looked at the little girl in front of her who was too absorbed in drawing. "Naeun-ah."

"Hmm?" the girl asked, not lifting her head.

"I'm sorry, I have an important meeting to attend. Is it okay if you stay with halmeoni?" She asked carefully.

The girl lifted her head and nodded eagerly. "I want to see Ginger."

"Good. I will ask Hayeon to treat you to ice cream later. Now, let's grab something to eat before I send you there." She smiled when she saw the twinkle in the girl's eyes at the mention of ice cream.

The little girl shook her head afterwards.

"Why?"

"Halmeoni will prepare a lot of food for me, so I want to empty my stomach," the girl said.

"You just ate a slice of bread for breakfast. I don't want you to have a stomachache later. Just eat a little bit, okay?"

The girl nodded.

Tiffany grabbed her phone and put it in her handbag. "Let's go," she said and shouldered the handbag.

"Wait." The girl picked up her drawing and showed it to Tiffany, halting the woman's movement. "Look!" she exclaimed.

"Who is that?" Tiffany asked, pointing at the weirdly drawn stickman or stickwoman. 

"It's you doing your job. This is your desktop and this is the desk," the girl explained her drawing.

Tiffany finally understood the drawing and smiled at how cute the drawing was. "I swear you are going to be the next Picasso."

*****

Tiffany was about to start the car's engine when she received a call from Sooyoung asking her to meet up.

"I'm near your office building. Do you want to catch up?" the woman on the other end of the line asked.

"Sure, let's meet at the usual cafe. I'm heading for lunch with Naeun, anyway." 

"Ah good, my son is with me too." 

"Okay, see you there." Tiffany said and hung up the call.

*****

"How is Taeyeon doing with the comeback preparation?" Sooyoung asked while sipping her drink. She glanced at Sungchan and Naeun who were playing together at the table behind Tiffany, making sure that they didn't go anywhere far from them.

"Good, I guess? She won't tell me, saying it won't be fun when the album comes out and so on. You know her."

Sooyoung smiled and nodded. "Do you still have that unsettling feeling?"

Tiffany shook her head. "Not as much as before. I'm glad she's taking a chance."

"I'm sure even if she didn't get to do this again, she would want you to stop blaming yourself. It was her decision after all. You know she would always choose you over her passion."

Tiffany smiled at the similarity of that last se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter