English, please? (Part II - ending)

Parenting 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon tapped her finger on the steering wheel, wrecking her brain to find another alternative. She had thought of her friend, Sunny, who was born in America, but then again, the woman hadn't really spent her whole life there. So she decided to seek out Jessica's help first and reserve Sunny as the backup plan. After she ended the call with Jessica, she considered another possible and better way but couldn't find it. Therefore, she chose to just go after that alternative plan. It's not the best choice, but this will do.

She called Sunny to give her a heads-up before going to her house. "Soonkyu, are you at home or the agency?" 

"Home, and don't call me Soonkyu," the CEO of NEON Entertainment said while munching on something. 

"Can I come?" Taeyeon asked.

"Sure." Sunny ended the call without questioning her since Taeyeon regularly stopped by her house for no particular reason.

Taeyeon stepped on the accelerator and drove to Sunny's house. She entered the codes to her best friend's house and went in to see the woman snacking while watching TV.

"Yah! I know I gave you the codes, but you still need to ring the bell first!" Sunny yelled at her friend. 

Taeyeon shrugged and sat on the couch. She put Naeun's backpack, which she was shouldering, on the coffee table in front of her.

Sunny greeted Naeun, giving her a kiss on the cheek. The girl wiped away the crumbs from her cheek after Sunny kissed her and went to play with Sogeum.

"Do you know some kindergarten English?" was the first question that Taeyeon asked her friend.

"Yeah, I learned it before when I was a kid." Sunny offered her snack to Naeun. 

"So you can speak English?" Taeyeon asked.

"I can't speak very well, but I know some basic English." 

"How come I didn't know about this?" Taeyeon asked, amused at the newfound information.

"You never asked." Sunny took the remote control and changed the channel to the Kids channel.

Taeyeon was relieved. She continued to explain everything that had happened to her that night. After Sunny had finished laughing at her best friend, the woman helped Naeun in finishing her homework.

They were on the 18th question when Sunny said she needed to use the toilet. Taeyeon and Naeun had been waiting for her for ten minutes or more when they finally heard the door open. Shortly after Sunny stepped one foot outside of the toilet, she went back inside and slammed the door.

Taeyeon furrowed her brows, curious about what took her best friend so long. She went to the toilet with Naeun trailing behind her to ask the other woman. "Yah! Are you okay?" She knocked on the door. 

"I'm having diarrhea, and I don't think it's going to end anytime soon," Sunny shouted from inside the toilet. 

"What?! Then who's going to help my daughter?!" 

"I DON'T KNOW!! STOP TALKING TO ME AND GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"

Taeyeon covered Naeun's ears as she pushed her daughter to get their stuff and leave the house before Sunny started to use any explicit words. 

As they were back in the car, she thought of Hyoyeon's 8-year-old daughter who aced in English. Sunny had told her about that information before she went to the toilet. She searched for Hyoyeon's name in the contact list, tapped the call button on the screen, and waited for her friend to answer the call. 

"The person you're calling is unavailable." She heard the carrier voicemail. It turned out, Hyoyeon had blocked her number. She swore to strangle that woman the next time they saw each other.

She went back through her contact list, looking for any of her friends who had children. Her thumb stopped at Sooyoung's name. "Sooyoung probably knows English since Sungchan is at the same age as Naeun," she mumbled to herse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter