English, please? (Part I)

Parenting 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany packed her stuff inside the big luggage with a heavy heart since her daughter wouldn't stop whining.

 

Taeyeon stood at the door silently, watching her daughter beg for Tiffany to stay. She stomped off towards her daughter when Tiffany zipped the luggage and pulled her daughter away from Tiffany.  She couldn't take in the sight of her miserable daughter anymore. "Stop it Naeun-ah!"

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened. This was the first time in their parenting lives that Taeyeon had raised her voice to their daughter. "What is wrong with you?" Tiffany frowned.

 

"What?!" Taeyeon took out her phone from her pocket and tapped the screen.

 

"You just yelled at her her," Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon looked at her daughter, who was on the verge of crying. She started to panic. "I didn't mean it, Naeun-ah." She pulled out her AirPods on both ears and showed them to Naeun. "I was listening to a metal song, I couldn't control my voice," she explained herself to clear the misunderstanding. She lifted her daughter up and kissed her forehead. "Anyway, stop whining. Your mother will be away for just three days. We can eat ice cream for three days," she excitedly said.

 

Tiffany pointed her index finger towards Taeyeon. "Don't."

 

"Okay, maybe for two d--" She stopped her sentence midway when Tiffany glared at her.

 

Naeun clung to Tiffany for the rest of the night until they needed to send the woman off to the airport the next morning. It took so much effort to stop the girl from crying when they left the airport. Taeyeon took a risk and made a stop at their favourite ice cream parlour before they went back to their house. The girl stopped asking for her mother, too engrossed with her ice cream.

 

The day after Tiffany left for New York, Taeyeon sat with Naeun in the latter’s room. She helped the little girl with her homework, a task that Tiffany reminded Taeyeon to do. She was doing great assisting her daughter with her math problems until the girl took out her English homework from her backpack.

 

"Can you do it by yourself? You know I'm not good in English," Taeyeon said, trying to get away.

 

"I can do the easy questions, but Mommy always helps me with the hard ones," Naeun said, looking puzzled.

 

Taeyeon laughed nervously. "Okay, can you do the easy questions first? I will help you later. I need to use the toilet. Don't do anything dangerous until I get back."

 

The girl nodded and started to do her work.

 

Taeyeon rushed to the bedroom and unplugged her phone from the charger. She went to the bathroom with her phone, locked the bathroom door and pressed the speed dial button. "Fany-ah," she said as soon as Tiffany answered her call.

 

Tiffany huffed. "What?"

 

"Help me!" Taeyeon begged.

 

"Did you burn down the kitchen?" Tiffany lazily asked.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "I'm better at cooking than you," she answered sarcastically.

 

"Did something happen to Naeun?" Tiffany frowned on the other side of the line.

 

"Yes, wait, no!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter