Paying My Vengeance With Myself

The Dog Returned

Jimin's POV

Gong Seungyeon. Class 12-1.

I went to her class during recess. I would be skipping lunch like always. 

I waited her out of her class. Students were glancing and glaring as they passed-by. 

I was used to it already.

I went to her and her group of friends and it seemed like I was not welcomed. 

"Excuse me. Are you Gong Seungyeon?" I politely asked.

"O-oh. Yes. Who are you?" Before I could answer her, she cut me off, "Ahh... You are that boy!" 

She clapped her hand once. 

"I'm sorry of what happened to you. My little sister can be quite harsh sometimes but she's a good girl." She apologized on her little sister behalf. 

She's nice.

I rubbed my nape shyly.

"That's okay. But I have something to ask. Someone told me to ask you instead." 

"Go on." 

"Can it be just the two of us?" I asked since my question was quite embarrassing. 

Her friends started to whisper to her as yhey glared warily at me and I guessed it wasn't a good thing.

"Of course!" But she agreed anyway. 

"You guys can go to cafeteria first." 

She waved her friends off. 

"Now you can ask."

"I heard you used to pet a dog." 

"Yes. What about it?"

"Can you tell me about it a little?" 

"My dog?" She looked up, tapping her shoes. 

She was trying to remember. 

"It wasn't that nice though. The dog I mean, a puppy actually died when Jeongyeon was sleeping with him. She unconsciously laid on him while sleeping." 

She's a devil! 

"Ouh..." The only word that left my mouth although I was screaming inside.

"Ever since that, we never have a pet anymore because she kept on blaming herself of what happened." She smiled apologetically. "Why do you want to know?"

"Just because." I smiled cheekily.

"Alright then. I'm going first. My friends will be waiting for me. If anything, meet me again, okay? Have a nice day! Bye!" She waved and went off.

"Bye..." I waved back although she wasn't looking.

That was smooth. 

So, so far, there were already three ticked names. 

It wasn't that hard. 

Four more to go!

 

Yera's POV

Yet another day he was too engrossed to find that girl. 

Why would I even care?

I looked out of the window while blowing to my fringe since I couldn't sleep during this break time. 

Then someone rushed into the class and put something under Jimin's table. He didn't realized I was there since I was the only one there. 

As he exited, I went to Jimin's table and reached out under his table and there was a note. 

Who's sending letter these days?

Meet me behind school tomorrow after school.             -Anonymous

This was cliche. 

It was either a threat or some love confession plan but by looking by the hand written and the choice of words, it would be a threat, I bet.

I was sure he wouldn't go anyway so I put it back under his table. 

Why he would care if someone wanted to meet him? 

Just a waste of time. 

Who would go there to meet people that they don't know? 

Duh... 

I was sure the sender was stupid enough.

The class was about to start but I didn't see a glimpse of him yet. 

Where is he? 

Right before the class started, he dashed into the front door, barely enough oxygen and sweats all over his face. 

Noted to ask him later.

After classes over, I couldn't catch up on him as he rushed to somewhere. 

Where is he going? 

It was late for me to run after him so, I let him be and went home alone.

Next day even the same. 

He was always rushing to somewhere. 

He was completely ignoring me! 

I stayed back at class after school because I found nothing more fascinating than my homework now. 

I was too lazy to bring that home since it only needed one more paragraph. 

Even if I went back home, there was nobody. 

As I was walking through the empty hallway, I saw a fight ongoing behind the school. I wouldn't have care but I knew someone among them. 

Haish! He's dumber than I thought.

I ran as fast as I could and hided behind a tree. 

I my phone camera and recorded the scene before intruding the picture, still recording.

"Stop!" I warned from afar. 

It wasn't a fair fight. 

Jimin was alone against 3 other guys. 

He wasn't even fighting back! 

He was laying on the ground, bearing the pain. 

I clearly could see his bleeding lips and bruises all over his face. 

That was his face. 

Who knew what worse under his clothes?! 

The other 3 guys are Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan and Jung Daehyun. 

Yongguk was the leader if I wasn't wrong.

He was a maniac.

"Hey! Please... You defend this ?" He smirked and played with Jimin's head with his feet.

"Are you any better?" 

I wasn't wrong either though.

"Tch. Aye... he must have given you something. That's why you want him alive. Am I right?" He lifted one of his eyebrows. 

"My friend here can give you what you want." He signaled to one of his friend.

Daehyun approached me as he loosened up his shirt's button. 

What I should do? 

He was getting nearer and his other friends were smiling and laughing from behind him. I should have been running away but I didn't want to leave Jimin alone.

Before he could put a single hand on me, Jimin came running and pushed him away. He held my hand and pulled me and we ran as fast as we could away from them. 

We ran past corners and alleys so that they won't catch up to us.

After a while of running, we stopped around the corner and Jimin fell on his feet. 

"Are you okay?" Worried was written all over my face.

"I'm fine. Let's go home." I nodded and pulled him up and let him lean against me for support.

We went to his house since he refused on going to a clinic nearby. 

Luckily he had an emergency box.

"Wow. You have an emergency box but not enough food."

"Even its name is emergency." 

Is he joking now? 

I pushed a little hard on his wound. 

"Ahhh... That's hurt. OK OK. I used to get beaten quite often even before coming here so I think it is necessary to own one." He explained.

"How do you endure all of this pain?" I treated his wound more carefully. 

He had bruise almost everywhere and a little cuts at his hands, cheeks and lips.

"I just do."

"Not to mention that you aren't fighting back at all!"

"Because I see no point in fighting back." He said as he pat me on my head.

"Said that to the one who is finding a girl to get his revenge." I rolled my eyes.

He laughed. "You should have see your face when that guy was approaching you." 

Does he think that is funny?! 

I hit on one of his bruises. 

"Ow! I'm injured here. Treat me better." He said as he rubbed on his sore spot.

"You are asking for it. By the way, I knew about the note under your table. I thought you are smarter." I was quite disappointed honestly.

"I thought maybe I could find that girl if I go. I was wrong." He chuckled. 

He almost died a moment ago but now he acted like nothing.

"You should have taken care of yourself. You just let yourself more tortured than you already do because of her. It seems like your revenge is only paying debt to yourself instead." I sighed. 

He fell silent. 

"You're not going to school tomorrow."

"W-what? Why?"

"Because I said so. If you tried, I'll lock you in the infirmary. Periodt." I demanded.

 

Jimin's POV

After she treated all of my bruise, she cooked for me and once again didn't let me help especially in my condition. 

I was grateful she was by my side but if only she knew who I really am and why I wanted to find that girl so much.

"You should have taken care of yourself. You just let yourself more tortured than you already do because of her. It seems like your revenge is only paying debt to yourself instead." Her words rang in my head.

She was right. 

But I didn't even have much time. 

All I wanted was vengeance towards a person who caused me torturing in my old real self. 

Because I'm just a soul in a body that isn't me.

"You should appreciate your life when it lasts." Even Minji's word.

What I should appreciating though. 

My life was zero since the beginning until... 

~~~~~~~

 

VsFate: I'm going back to school but I'm not sure if I able to update on time or making a new chapter. But fortunately, I've already have a few chapters done so, wait for it!

Vote and subscribe guys~!