Something Is Falling

The Dog Returned

Yera's POV

It was just another day of school. I didn't talk to Jimin for a while now. He might be busy with his mission whatsoever. I was curious on how he have been.

Why do I even care though?

"Oh! You're here. Why are you standing there?"

 

Taehyung's POV

I stared at her from afar. I saw how her eyes gazed at the deciduous tree. Her lips exhaling steam. Her cheeks blushing up to provide heat. Her decent figure standing there. She was beautiful as she is.

If only she knows...

"Oh! You're here. Why are you standing there?" She called out for me and waved.

"Sorry." I quickly ran towards her, laughing nervily. "Something caught my eyes."

"What it is?" She asked boldly and walked before me.

"You."

She halted and turned to face me. "What did you say?" 

I clung onto her arm and dragged her to school and smiled it off. "Nothing."

Fortunately she didn't say anything. We just talked some random things as usual.

I had been picking her up in the morning for a while now. She was reluctant at first but days passed by and she was getting used to it. Sometimes she was ruthless but sometimes she was lovely once you were in her good side.

I had no intention to harm her or take advantage on her. I just wanted to make up for the lost time. 

I'm glad that I took this chance.

I looked at her from the corner of my eyes where she giggle at her own jokes. I just went along with it. She never talked to me about anyone. Just about us. She was good at keeping secrets. 

She doesn't trust me. Not yet.

"Can I talk to her for a minute?" A guy came up to me as we entered the school ground.

 

Yera's POV

"Shouldn't you ask me instead?" I scoffed as I heard Jimin was asking Taehyung instead of me. I wasn't Taehyung's.

"O-of course." Taehyung muttered.

They are ignoring me.

Jimin took a hold of me and was to pull me to the side until I retrieved my arm. "Taehyung, you can go first."

After he nodded, I followed Jimin to a vacant area.

"Now, you're talking with me. What is it?" I glared at him.

Do I sound mad?

"Sorry for taking your time but I need your help." He held both of my arms.

Don't tell me it's about...

"I can't reach to ask this one girl." I sighed. As expected.

"What is it this time?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That Kim Dahyun girl from class 8-4. She kept running away from me."

"Yeah yeah whatever. I'll try to convince her." I rolled my eyes. "Have you done talking to seniors in the list?"

"Not yet. I was scared of Minyoung sunbaenim." He chuckled and rubbed his neck.

No wander.

"You need to settle her yourself. Or try other seniors to help you." I advised since Minyoung sunbaenim could get scary sometimes. Not a single junior dared to approach her. She had Grim Reaper shadow behind her. JK JK.

Creepy.

"I'll try but you need to help this one. Please..." He gave me a pair of pathetic eyes.

"I've already agree, haven't I?!" I looked kind of angry but he laughed!

"I'm sorry. Can you bring her to the corner hallway beside her class during recess?"

I just ignored him and walked off.

"I'll take it as yes!" He shouted happily.

Why is he so happy? He's having an euphoria without me, right?

I wanted him to ask my well-being. I wanted him to care about me. I wanted him to know what happened to me during dodgeball match 4 days ago. But he was just minding that girl.

Whatever.

 

Jimin's POV

I missed seeing her getting furious. It had been a while. 

I smiled to myself as I waited her to bring Dahyun. I didn't even know why she kept running away from me.

"Here." I saw Yera holding Dahyun as they passed the corner.

"T-this m-man!" Dahyun stuttered and struggled in her hold.

What is she afraid of?

"You're not going anywhere." She kept her posture as she had bored face on.

"W-why d-did you d-do this to me!!"

"Shh... I just want to talk about something." I tried to calm her but she still got frightened look on. "Can we talk alone, Yera?" 

"Whatever." She disappeared within the corner.

"A-about w-what?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry to scare you but I heard you used to pet a dog when a child." I rubbed my neck with an awkward smile.

"Do you want to kill it?!"

"No. No. I just want to ask what happened to him."

Wait... Why do I want to kill it?

"Huh? He is still with me. Nothing happened but already grown up. What's wrong?" She tapped her chin.

Ehhh?!

"Did I answer it wrongly?" She was too innocent.

"It's nothing. I think I'm done. Thanks." I smiled at her.

"That's all? You should let me know earlier. I wouldn't have run." She giggled.

How am I going to tell you if you run away everytime?

"I'll go then. Ta ta." She walked away. 

She acts normal now?

"U-uh ta." I was wordless.

I went to the corner to search for Yera but she was already gone. I didn't ask her to wait though.

 

Yera's POV

Yup. I walked away after that. 

What's the point?

The class was dead as always. I kept on zoning out and wasn't even paying attention. 

U-uh class is over. 

I packed my things. Back to an ordinary day before I met Jimin. Taehyung kept me company in the morning but not after school because he said he had something to do.

Ordinary? Is it extraordinary when I close to him?

I actually appreciate that Taehyung came pick me up every morning and he never gave up when I dissed him. He filled up the loneliness sometimes.  So I believed in him yet I didn't too.

Why out of the blue?

It was impossible if the reason because I got injured because of him. It wasn't entirely his fault too. We didn't even know each other well. Used to be classmate but we barely talk. 

What are you hiding?

I sensed something peculiar but I chose not believe it.

Impossible.

"Yera!" I heard familiar voice from afar.

Jimin.

"What now?" I was getting irritated. I crossed my arms on my chest and tapped my toes, waiting for him.

"Want to go home together?" He panted heavily.

H-huh?

"Let's go!" He held my hand and pulled me to join his steps. I was flabbergasted.

"Wait." I took my hand back and we stopped walking. He faced me. "All of sudden?" I tilted my head, confused.

"You've help me a lot. I feel indebted." He shyly rubbed his neck.

Really... What's with that attitude?

I inspected his behavior suspiciously and he just smiled.

Nevermind.

"Ok! Call!" Now, I was the one who held his hand and dragged him with me. He just laughed with my action. "If that the case then feel free to ask my help again." I happily stated.

Why am I so happy? He just going to send me home. Duhhh...

Nope. He treated me ice cream on the way.

Ay... Since when did he become like this?

"So we are here."

Oh... already?

I was so engrossed with the ice cream. I didn't realize where he led me. Yes. He led me. He was holding my hand. I was used to it.

"I'll go now." He let go of my hand.

"Hold on."

"Huh?"

"Why all of sudden? Really. Why?" I asked still looking at the front, not at him.

"Nothing." My eyes met his.

Heh?!

"It's nothing. You've been looking angry today. So-" I cut him off with a peck on his cheek.

"Thanks." I murmured. "Take care on your way home!" With that said, I sprinted into my house.

My heart.

I placed my hand on my chest. I could feel the uncontrollable beats. My face felt hot. 

I bet he won't remember the next day.

Did I...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

drop the ice cream?!