Say All You Want. I Still Care.

The Dog Returned

Jimin's POV

Yera hadn't been to school for two days. I was quite worried. 

Is it because of me? Why did I thought of that? Hurm... 

As the school ended, I went to her house. I didn't think her parents are home right now. 

As I was around the corner, I bumped onto a girl. She was short and most of her face was covered with scarf, beanie and hoodie. 

"Aish!" She looked up and made eye contact with me. 

Yera? 

She was about to walked away to where she came from but I grabbed her arm. She shook her arm, trying to free herself. "What do you want?"

"Why weren't you going to school?"

"What it has to do with you anyway?" She asked , still not facing me. I let go of her arm.

"I was worried." With that, she walked away and I saw no point on stopping her so I followed her to her doorstep. She was about to slam the door in front my face but I stopped it with my leg. 

Why is she like this? 

"Achoo!" She sneezed.

"Wait..." 

She was distracted so I forced myself in her house and closed the door.

"Ya! You are trespassing! Achoo!" 

"Are you sick?"  I took off her hoodie and beanie and put my hand on it. She waved off my hand and looked away. Her cheeks was rose pink.

"No-"

"What were you out there if you are sick? How did you get sick?" I was really concern. Maybe because she was kind to me.

 

Yera's POV

Doesn't he get it?

"It was all because of you." I said. 

I was quite mad inside and I want to-

"I'm sorry," he apologized. 

I wasn't expecting he would admit it that fast. 

"You should have call me."

"I don't have your number." I said as I gazed at my feet. 

"What are you doing out there though?" he asked. 

I gave him puppy eyes and said...

It took him a while to buy me some ice creams from the convenient store. 

Hihihi... 

He came back with two tub of ice cream. 

Yeay! 

I took one of it and eat it and ate it at the sofa in the living room with the television on. 

"You can go home. I'm fine." Although actually I wanted him to stay longer but I shouldn't show that I literally fond of him.

He ignored me and came near me. 

W-what is he doing?! 

He put his hand on my head again. "You aren't that sick." He said. 

I did have a fever yesterday but it faded this morning. The heat from a moment ago was because of him!

"Who said I'm sick?" I pushed off his hand. "Do you want some?" I asked him as I showed him the ice cream in my hand but there was only... 

He sat next to me and took a bite from the only one spoon! 

Did we just having indirect kiss?

"Are you okay? You are blushing again." 

Really?!

"Must be a heat from the sweater." I shoved the ice cream to him and wore off the sweater.

"Isn't that my shirt?" 

Damn it! Totally forgot about that

I had been wearing his shirt these past two days.

"No! I mean... You said I can take anything from your house right? So, I'm taking this." I tried to say something that make sense.

His gazing at me was increasing my anxiety. Then he watched the television instead. "Okay, then."

He was sitting really close to me. The proximity was killing me and we were also sharing ice cream! 

"When are your parents going home?" he finally broke the silence.

"Not any sooner." He tilted his head, facing me. "There are always on outstation. They are  workaholic." I said while putting my attention to the television. 

We finished ate the whole ice cream and left the empty tub on the table in front. The movie was boring and I felt my eyelids were getting heavier. 

No no... Don't fall asleep.

Then I felt something fell on my head. 

His head is heavy but... It's okay to take a nap right?

 

Jimin's POV

Did I fell asleep?

I opened my eyes and found my head leaning on her head. 

She didn't wake me up? 

I looked at her head on my shoulder. I moved her body and let her comfortably laying on the sofa. I stared at her sleeping face. 

Cute. 

She was quite lonely by herself in this house I guessed. Her house was much bigger than mine.

I took the tub and throw it into the trash bin and turned off the television. I went to the kitchen to prepare for a dinner. I didn't really know how to cook but could search it up.

I decided to make *japchae with the ingredients that available and when it was done served, she walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. 

Right timing.

"Hey. Good morning! I made dinner." 

"Morning my ." She sat at the table and ate it unhesitatingly. Then, her face lit up. "Wow! Amazing! You said you didn't cook." It was good that she liked it.

"I don't. I searched for the recipe."

"This is great! Come on sit. You have to taste it!" I did as I was told and honestly, it wasn't that bad.

"It's seriously good." I praised myself as I kept on eating.

"Thanks for being here." 

Huh? Did I hear things right? 

I stopped eating and looked at her who stopped eating too. "I been so much lonely in this massive space. I used to have a sister but I never get to see her either. She died before I was born and I constantly moved place from place because of my parents so I don't really have permanent friends. Because of it, I don't really bonding with our classmates or anyone." I could hear sadness in her voice. "But I'm glad though that you came." She said as she smiled at me and continued eating.

She is happy? Although I'm using her for other purposed?

"Anyway, I've been asking everyone in our school and there were only 7 of them who used to pet a dog when child." 

I had forgotten about that.

"How? You didn't even go to school." 

"Social media, kid." She said while showing off her phone. "I'll give you their names and a little about their whereabouts and you should find out yourself. This is the least I could help. Give me your number." She sled her phone to me and I inserted my number in her phone. This is much easier than I thought. 

After the meal, I went back home. I packed some leftovers for breakfast. I couldn't wait for the next week where I would begin to find that girl. 

A month was more than enough but what if she wasn't among them?  Should I figure out how to live longer too?  Let me think. What is the purpose of life given me opportunity to be a human by the way? 

 

~~~~~~

*japchae - It is a sweet and savory dish of stir-fried glass noodles and vegetables

 

KookiesDestiny: Have a nice day~ Don't forget to subscribe and upvote~💐