It's My Fight But Nevermind

The Dog Returned

Jimin's POV

I was early to class and I saw Yena at her seat with some of her friends. I approached them. All their eyes were on me.

"Hurm... can I have Yena for a while?" I asked while rubbing my nape.

Her friends pulled and pushed her towards me saying, "You can have her all you want." 

She didn't look happy with it but her friends were still cheekily smiling at her. She exited the class and waited for me by the door.

"What do you want?" As always, she put her stoned face on.

"Thanks for the food. I ate this morning too. Yummy!" I told her as I put two thumbs up.

She just rolled her eyes. "Just go straight to the point."

"Have you found that girl?" She didn't seem on her mood today. So, I was thinking of taking a careful step.

"Meet me at my house this weekend." She said, uninterested.

"About that gi-"

"I'll help you find her okay. Give me sometime." She told me that and walked off to her friends back. I let her since I didn't want to push the button.

The rest of the day, I didn't really talked to her after our conversation that morning. She avoided me most of the time. I didn't even know why.

Come back home and was about to do the laundry when I found a piece of paper in one of my pants' pocket. 

These numbers...

I dialed the number and I could hear her in the other side. "Hello. Who's talking?"

"I'm the guy at the supermarket yesterday."

"Ouh really?! Take you long enough to call me. Anyway, meet me at Coffee Brown cafe can you?"

"Right now? Why?"

"Yes. There were lots of things I need to tell you." With that said, she hang up. I was kind of befuddled. I didn't really mind since I really wanted to hear her myself too.

Fortunately, the cafe wasn't that far. It was near the mart we met. I entered the cafe and saw that girl at the very corner of the cafe. 

"Minji, right?" I asked as I approached her table.

"You already know my name. That's good. It's Jung Minji though. What yours?" She invited me to seat in front of her politely.

"Park Jimin." 

"Sorry about yesterday. I was afraid of a girl behind you. She looked like she was going to eat me. Is she your girlfriend?" She laughed cheekily. I got what she meant.

I didn't want to waste more time talking about this. I wanted her to tell me everything in an instant. 

"So, what do you know about that thing? How? Who are you before this? Why did this happened?" I bombarded her with questions. I was just too curious.

"Wow. Chill young man." She seemed shock a little. "Honestly, I didn't know why this was happening. I used to be a cat."

"A cat?" 

So, it was random.

"Yeah. But then I was born in a family with a single male child. Yesterday the man you see is my brother. What about you?" 

"I was adopted by a woman. What happened when you were a cat?" Her fate was exactly different from mine.

"When I was a cat, I was tortured, abused and almost killed until I just pop! Became a human." She said with her eyes wide opened. 

"It wasn't that different from mine either. I was abandoned since a child and I almost died of starvation." I said. It was sad remembering those days.

"It seems like we both in the verge of dying. At least we did survive this time."

"Survive?" 

What does she mean?

"Yeah. I once met with a man that was also like us. He really hate human being but he never tell what had happened to him. He dissed himself for being a human. He was just full of anger." She told me. That man was just like me but I was quite glad that I became a human so that I could get my revenge. 

"What had happened to him?"

"I didn't really know. The next day he said it was his birthday but that day I never saw him again." 

What...?

"It was going to be his 10 years of being a human."

"Does that mean we only have 10 years lifespan before we disappear?" 

If that the case then...

"I'm not sure but I think it has to be something relate to the mark." She pointed at my neck. 

"Where's yours?" I never seen hers.

"I used to also have it. Back then, I was scared myself that I would disappeared so I checked it every year until my tenth years of being a human. The mark long gone after that and this is my 18th years already." 

So... it has to do something with the mark but... in her case... 

"How is that even possible?"

"I didn't know. But I was grateful. The man that I met also had the mark and the day before he disappeared, the mark was barely visible." 

How come? 

"I wanted to share you something. A week before the mark was completely vanished, I got into an accident. I was losing hope. I thought it was really my ending. But my brother didn't let me give up. I felt bad for him. He never showed me his sadness although I can see right through his eyes. So, I prayed every night and it did happen. I live longer than I expected." She shared her stories. 

She's lucky. 

"My story isn't much of a help though but I hope it gave you a little motivation."

But I didn't mind dying somehow. I just want to find that girl.  

"You should appreciate your life when it lasts. I want to help you but I, myself didn't know how this works. Maybe you should never give up." She looked at me, concerned. "How long have you been a human?"

"Why?"

"Your mark is fading." She state as she stared at my nape.

"My birthday is next month. And it's going to be my tenth years after that." 

I need more time. 

 

Before we said our goodbye, she advised me saying that I should have fun and wish for the better. There must be a clue within both stories but I couldn't get a hold of it. 

What is it? 

It wasn't like I cared. I'm just worried that I might not be able to fulfill my vengeance. That was all. 

Maybe.

When I arrived at my gate, I saw someone at my door step. It was freezing cold right now and it was also getting darker.

"Excuse me-"

"I'm going back home," She didn't give a second to stomped off. I knew whose voice that was. 

What is she doing here?

"Wait!" I was about to run after her but she was already gone. I sighed.

I laid on my bed. I had eaten outside after meeting Minji. I didn't know Yera was waiting for me at home. 

Aish! Is she dumb? 

I felt sorry for her. 

How long did she wait? Why did she wait though? 

There is school tomorrow and I should have been sleeping right now. But I couldn't get my mind off of her. 

I would just apologize tomorrow

I still needed her help since I was running out of time.

 

~~~~~

VsFate: As I kept reading it was getting boring. What do you think? Hehehe... Please comment, subscribe and upvote! <3

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7673326d6b7148366950465056773d3d2d3839323737393233352e313631356536373537626535303832313730353136313639383032312e6a7067        

Better chapter awaiting~ Maybe. Keep reading to find out.💖