the reunion

the unspoken truth

It was about a week since Rosé was discharged from the hospital finally. She had to wear a cast, and take medicine everyday, but other than that, she felt perfectly fine. Except that Jennie didn't contact her at all after she left her room 2 weeks ago. She had definitely said that they'll see each other soon, but she didn't get so much as one text from Jennie since then. Should she be worried?

She looked up, gazing at the school building. It was her first time back in school in so long it seemed. 

Suddenly someone swung their arm around Rosé's neck, it was Lisa! Lisa hugged her, "Oh my god! Rosé! I heard what happened...I still can't believe that it was Jisoo this whole time...are you okay?!?! I was so worried and missed you!"

Rosé smiled, hugging Lisa back with one arm, "I'm fine, thanks for worrying, Lisa. I missed you too...uh...let's talk at lunch okay? I just realized I have something to do..." 

Lisa waved, seeming a bit thrown off, but smiling.

Rosé hurried forwards, she was so sure she saw Jennie. She turned a hallway and then stopped. At the end of the hallway, she could make out a figure. It was her.

"Jennie?" Rosé called out, hesitantly.

The girl turned around, it was Jennie. Rosé walked slowly towards her, "I-I'm back..."

Jennie stared at her, her expression unreadable.

"Wh-Why didn't you text me or anything...?" Rosé asked quietly.

Jennie suddenly turned her back to Rosé, with her head bowed. And then said in a small voice, bearly audible, "I'm afraid of hurting you again."

Rosé felt teary, "If you truly love me and care about me, just hug me now, please."

Jennie turned back around, tears falling, and then hugged Rosé tightly, "This was the most hardest time in my life ever...just knowing that I basically put you in the hospital..."

Rosé pulled away, staring at Jennie, "Look, nothing is your fault, okay? I love you. I wanted to protect you. You would've done the same if you were in my position. Don't lie."

Jennie sighed, running a hand through her hair, "Rosie, I do really love you." They finally kissed, finally reunited. Finally back to normal.