Rosie

the unspoken truth

It's been about a little over a week since Rosé last saw Jennie on the first day of school. She was in her room, knees hugged against her chest, as she thought and thought and thought. The door opened, her mother walked in, "Chaeyoung-I mean, Rosé! Honey, are you okay?" Rosé sat up, "Oh yeah I am! I was just uh-thinking..." Her mother leaned against the doorway, arms crossed as she raised on eyebrow in suspicion, "Thinking about starting your homework finally?" Rosé blushed, laughing sheepishly, "Yeah...was just about to start that." "Rosé, you sure you're going to be okay alone? I don't want to leave you if school is too hard." Her mother asked. Rosé shook her head, "No, don't worry about a thing mother! It's not like I'm going to start spray painting the school or burning our house down while you and father are away." Her mother chuckled, "Alright, alright you little goofball, I put dinner in the refridgerator. Your father and I will depart for the airport in about an hour. Did you say you were going to the school to use the studio?" Rosé nodded, "Yep, I was just planning on leaving now." She pulled on a hoodie over her shirt, and grabbed her guitar.

She hugged both her parents before leaving. "We'll be back in a week! Love you, darling!" Her father said as Rosé waved one last time at them. She smiled, and then left the house.

She entered the school, seeing a few students here and there. Surprisingly, there were students. She didn't think students would come on a weekend. She entered a studio, and shut the door, putting her guitar against the wall as she started taking her hoodie off. "Do you practice when you're alone?" A voice suddenly asked. Rosé screamed, dropping her hoodie to the floor in shock. Picking her hoodie up, she walked further in the studio, seeing none other than Jennie Kim comfortably laying on the couch. "Jennie?" She asked, in awe. Jennie sat up, crossing her legs, as she observed Rosé, smirking, "Oh, I see you're wearing a shirt under. I thought you were going to suddenly undress before playing your guitar." Rosé felt her heart thud like crazy, and tried so hard to stop her cheeks from blushing, "Wh-Why on earth would you even think I would suddenly strip?" Jennie's smirk grew smuger, "Because." She said as she got up, tying her hair, "I do that when I practice by myself." Rosé blinked, furiously trying to not make her face even redder than it probably was. "But of course, not completely. I'd still be wearing my bra and my underwear." Jennie said. 

Rosé coughed, awkwardly, "What-what are you even talking about? Why are we even talking about this?" Jennie chuckled, "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, Rosayyyyyyy. Hey, by the way, are you ever going to start thinking about nicknames? Your name is so hard to say especially because of the accent on the e." Rosé still stood awkwardly, "I haven't really had any need to think of a nickname before..." Jennie walked up to her, smiling with her head turned at an angle, "Well, now you do. Me. I have a need." The older girl hung her arm around Rosé's shoulders, leading her to the couch, sitting next to her. And then turned to stare at her, "You're in luck though, I'll help you think of a nickname." Rosé looked away from those dark eyes, nervously. "I got it! How about Rosie? I like it. I'm calling you Rosie from now on." Rosé hesitantly glanced up at Jennie eyes, "F-From now on? I thought I told you I don't ever want to see you again. I'm really regretting meeting you that morning."

Jennie threw her head back, laughing, as if Rosé had said something hilarious, "....Rosie, you're seriously getting cuter and cuter everytime we meet. You know that?" "What's so cute about me?" Rosé asked, defensively, "I didn't even do anything..." Jennie slid her arm on top of the couch behind where Rosé's neck was. Jennie drew closer and closer, now leaning very closer, brushing against Rosé's body, as she smirked with that plump lip, "It's cute how you keep lying to me that you don't ever want to see me again. And pretending that you regret meeting me." Rosé furrowed her brows together, "Hey...don't accuse me like that. How do you know I'm lying or pretending? Y-You have no proof!" Jennie's eyes were sparkling, "Because...you wouldn't have kept letting me touch you and approach you like this...I'm not wrong, am I? You could just pull away and stop me if you so wanted..." Jennie was now practically leaning most of her body weight against Rosé's. The older girl was gently twirling Rosé's strands of hair. 

Rosé was frozen, she didn't even know what to say to that. Jennie smiled mischeviously before getting off of the couch, and sat down at a chair, crossing her legs and arms, "Alright! Practice, Rosie! I want to hear you play and sing." Rosé cleared , still frozen, and got up. She eyed Jennie strangely, and then grabbed her guitar, sitting at the couch, and looked at Jennie. "Look, Jennie, why are you even here? How did you know I was going to be here?" Jennie smirked, "Rosie, I have a lot of fun when I see you each time, but I wasn't even expecting to see you here this morning. I had an appointment to see someone soon, so I was just waiting here. But of course, you can imagine my delight when you walked in, although it's too bad you don't practice with your clothes off." Rosé stifled a laugh, which made the older girl crack a small smile. "Jennie...why are you so...straightforward when you talk and...act...?" Rosé asked. Jennie uncrossed her legs, sitting forward, "Hmm...maybe it's because I don't like wasting my time? I just want to cut to the chase." Rosé wondered if that meant Jennie considered her encounters with Rosé worth her time. 

"Enough with the interview! How about you practice in front of me now?" Jennie asked, excitedly. Rosé sighed, but didn't complain. She closed her eyes, her fingers found the strings and notes as she played. Blissful music entered her ears, as she could see the peaceful lake clearer and clearer. She lost track of all time. She opened her eyes, seeing Jennie. Jennie's lips curled up into a slight small, she nodded, "Rosie, I definitely will admit, you have a lot of talent. I totally can see why you're the only student to ever get a full ride to Young Arts Academy." Rosé froze, looking at her, "Y-You knew that about me? How?" Jennie shrugged, "My mom was the one who scouted you." Rosé almost dropped her guitar, she held it tightly, "What the hell? Are you serious? YOU'RE the CEO's daughter of THIS school? What?" Jennie sat back in her chair, "Yeah. I wish I was lying. It's so annoying to know that my mom is always watching." Rosé tried to imagine having her mom as the CEO of this school, and realized she probably would hate it too. "So...is that why you're here? For that appointment...is it with your mother here at this school?" Rosé asked. Jennie groaned, "Ugh, yes. For some strange absurd reason, she thinks I'm going to take over her CEO job when I grow up. She's ing dreaming of an impossible scenario. But being the ignorant and stubborn mom she is, she thinks taking me to the weekly board meetings will convince me to take on her job." Rosé suddenly felt bad for this bully, "Then, what do you want to do? If not taking over your mother's job?" Jennie sighed, zoning off, "Well, I am majoring in fashion design...so I guess having my own fashion brand or something would be cool? But I'm also secretly a trainee to be a Kpop idol. But that's seriously a secret. Anyways, that's just a far dream so I don't know what's going to happen with that." 

Suddenly Jennie's phone started to ring. She took it out, answering in an annoyed tone, "Yes, mother? ... What? No! Why are you trying to change everything all of a sudden? I thought board meetings were what I agreed to. ...You don't even need me for that! Whatever. Fine!" She hung up, angrily, pocketing her phone. "Wh-What did your mother say?" Rosé asked quietly. Jennie folded her arms together, looking very pissed, "The board meeting got cancelled, but she's not letting me go home or anything. She said I have to stay at the school until she's done with a meeting with some random important person which ends at 10pm...what the does she expect me to do?" Jennie stood up, looking upset, which is an expression Rosé has never seen before. "Sorry, Rosie, I'll leave you to practice by yourself...my mother just put me in a super bad mood...I'll see you around." Jennie gave a small wave and slowly trudged out with heavy footsteps. Rosé wondered when she would see Jennie again. Another week? A month? When? Rosé sighed, "I hate myself." She stood up, putting her hoodie on and grabbing her guitar as she ran out of the studio. She looked left and right, and spotted Jennie. "Jennie!" Rosé shouted, running to her. Jennie stopped, turning around, confused. 

"Miss me already?" Jennie said, halfheartedly. Rosé cleared , embarrassed that she was out of breath. She stared at her shoes, scratching her neck nervously, "Uh...you can come over my house if you want...." She glanced up, and saw Jennie's eyes brighten a little. "Are you inviting me to your house? Already? We're not even dating or anything..." Jennie's smirk appeared on her face again. Rosé was blushing, but she was excited. 

As they walked, suddenly, Rosé turned around, feeling a little creeped out for some reason. Jennie looked at her, "Rosie? What's wrong?" "I don't know...ever since the first day of school I've been getting weird feelings that someone is watching me...I know it sounds crazy..." Rosé confessed, uneasily. Jennie suddenly stopped in her tracks, "What did you say?" Rosé stopped too, "What? Stop ....you're scaring me. Can we just go to my house first?" Jennie shook off her look of graveness, and smiled, "Sure. You coward." 

They were approaching her door soon. Jennie looked around, once inside, "Hm! Not bad! I thought you would live in a total dump or something, since you came on a full ride." Rosé rolled her eyes, "That's not exactly nice, but glad to know you don't think it's a dump." 

"Could you get me some water?" Jennie asked. "Oh yeah, sorry, I should've offered first!" Rosé said, rushing to the kitchen. She filled a glass with water, and then went to where Jennie was standing before. She wasn't there anymore. "Jennie?" Rosé called. She walked to the front of the house, seeing Jennie standing by the door, staring out the window, and texting on her phone. "Jennie? Is everything okay?" Rosé asked. Jennie jumped a little, but quickly put her phone away, "Oh yeah! Don't worry. I was just making sure my mom didn't follow us or anything haha...she's done that before."

Rosé handed Jennie the cup of water, who gulped it down in a few quick sips. "Show me your room, Rosie." Jennie demanded. Rosé tried not to turn pink, and nodded, leading the older girl to her room. Jennie's eyes glistened as she looked around the room, "I like it...very Rosie-style." Rosé laughed, "What does that even mean?" Jennie shrugged, "It's cozy and feels safe..." She stared at the older girl, who was admiring Rosé's jewelery. Was Jennie implying that being around Rosé makes her feel cozy and safe? What?

She suddenly thought of the weird moment earlier when Jennie was frozen when Rosé said she felt like someone was watching her and when Jennie was staring out the window, texting in a serious manner. Was this all part of Jennie's scheme? Her master plan to eventually bother Rosé so much that she'd take her own life? Or would Jennie be the one who killed her? 

Rosé sat on her bed, "Jennie...I'm curious...could you explain about earlier outside?" 

Jennie looked up from her roam around the room, and sat down on Rosé's bed too, "Look, I don't want to creep you out but you're probably right that someone is watching you." Rosé felt shivers creep up her spine, "Wh-What did you say?"