Broken: Hwanwoong

Stay Strong ONEUS

  

 

Dancing was his forever passion

He was good, great even 

But even the greatest of all have those moments 

When they simply can't go on anymore 

Or when they simply make a mistake 

One wrong step

That's all it took

 

Hwanwoong was going through the dance practice with ONEUS members like usual. They were having back to back shows and performances for the past few were promoting their new album. They were already tired but they had to practice for the new show.

Everything was going okay until the world started spinning for a while.

Hwanwoong was tired and he should have stopped to take some fresh air before he twisted his leg in the wrong direction and hit the floor so violently.

A loud thud and a sharp scream echoed across the practice room and soon everyone crowded the younger.

But he couldn't move

His breaths hitched, chest going up and down while beads of sweat covered his forehead. He was in so much pain and was afraid to move. He just froze there on the cold hard floor looking at the other members' confused worried faces. They were saying and asking him things but he couldn't answer something didn't feel right, he chose not to say a word. He was in so much pain. At first, he thought he could hold it in but just a few seconds later, painful muffles started to escape his mouth. He shut his eyes and breathed in deeply.

They were too smart to move him, they couldn't dare to touch him, they knew for sure that something was very wrong with Hwanwoong even though the younger couldn't utter a word, he didn't have to. He was clearly in so much pain to explain anything and so they quickly informed their manager and had an ambulance on the way. All what that they could was to sit next to him on the floor and try their best to keep him comfortable, gently wiping the sweat away from his face and saying encouraging words.

Sometime later, they even started telling him random stories just to get his mind off whatever has just happened to him.

They wanted to make it stop but they didn't know how, and it was better if they didn't try anything, it could be even more dangerous so they just waited for what seemed to be the longest 20 minutes in their lives and when the paramedics finally found their way to Hwanwoong's side, they heaved a relieved sigh. At least now he'll get some real help.

They all watched as the paramedics did their job and they came to the conclusion that Hwanwoong must have broken something. They weren't too sure but they hurried to put a plaster on his neck to make sure he doesn't move or hurt himself even more and just in few seconds, he was taken away to the hospital.

Hwanwoong was in pain, he didn't object to whatever the paramedics said or did to him. He couldn't understand what was happening, he just couldn't move. He was breathing quickly, and at some point, he closed his eyes, they were getting heavy, he was already tired and he felt like sleeping. He didn't care where they were taking him anymore, he just gave in to the darkness around him.

When he woke up a few hours later, Hwanwoong found himself surrounded by white walls and faint sounds. He tried to open his eyes and look further around himself but a tight firm hand stopped him. Ravn was sitting right by his side and the moment he saw Hwanwoong moving, the conversation he was having with their manager suddenly stopped and shifted his focus to the younger. 

Coming to his line of vision, Ravn tired to speak to Hwanwoong and see if he was awake enough to talk and when the younger weakly nodded Ravn had to break the news to him "Don't you dare move" he ordered "You have 2 broken ribs" Ravn stated "Manager went to call the doctor" 

From the shocked look on Hwanwoong's face Ravn knew that the news was a bit too much for the younger "I know" he gave him a sad smile "It's a big mess but you'll be okay" 

Hwanwoong shut his eyes, silently blaming himself for his stupid mistakes, how could he let it come to this ?

The burning sensation in his chest intensified when the doctor was once again checking his injured torso, Hwanwoong suppressed his pained muffles while feelings of regret struck his already small weakened body and Ravn could clearly see that. Once the doctor left, the older brought a chair near Hwanwoong's side facing him.

Hwanwoong looked like an injured puppy, too cute and yet too sad. He held his hand into his own and gently brought it closer "Whatever is going through your mind right now please don't keep it to yourself"

"Trust me ... everything will be okay, we just need you to be healthy, the rest we can figure it out" 

Giving him reassuring words, Ravn tightened his grip around Hwanwoong's hand. The younger avoided the eye contact at first but later, he sighed, giving up to Ravn's words, trusting him fully.

Whatever they had coming, they'll face it together, like always.