A Team: Seoho

Stay Strong ONEUS

"White lips, pale face breathing in snow flakes, burnt lungs sour taste"  ... "Lights gone, days ends" ... "Long nights, strange men" ... "And they say [He's] in class A team" ... "It's so cold outside for angels to fly"

 

 

"So cold"

___________________________

 

Seoho was sitting under the dim lights of the street, the night was about to end, the sunlight could be seen slightly rising in the horizon, it was cold ... he was so cold.

His lips turning blue, face pale, shaky breaths, he leaned on the dirty wall, bringing his knees to his chest, covering his face like a kid hugging and rocking himself to sleep. Struggling to keep his breaths in control, he clutched the fabric of his own jacket making his already freezing knuckles turn white, it's so cold outside, snow flakes slowly falling trailing down the empty streets and covering the top of his head. He wanted to be found, he wanted to be saved, where is everyone ?

Time passed, he almost lost sensation of everything around him until finally he could feel someone kneeling in front of him, Seoho slowly picked his head up, fluttering his eyes open, his stomach slightly twisting and heart suddenly racing trying to find out who it was. Their eyes met, Seoho heaved a sigh he didn't know he was holding so painfuly in his chest. The man in front of him looked at him from above, eyes full of worry, he closed his eyes before he held the smaller in his arms tightly ... like an angel.

Soon, shuffles were heard around them, they are here, he was found. 

Ravn slowly broke the hug and took a second look at the younger in his embrace. Cold as he was, Seoho was shivering, breathing in the snow flakes, closed eyes and long hitched breaths. Ravn hurried to cover him up with his own jacket and using his body to give him warmth. Slowly, they stood up. Keonhee, Leedo, Hwangwoong and Xion. They were worried but neither of them said a word, they found him, that's all what mattered for now, questions can be asked later.

Slowly walking to their van, tears where already trailing down his face mixed with the cold morning breez, he didn't want to go outside but yet he did, his chest was so stuffed. Not being able to breathe as his tears covered his face, everyone were covering a small spot next to him trying to warm his ice cold body and frozen soul.

Soho wasn't feeling anything, so numb, he couldn't understand if it was from the cold or his broken self. Memories came flooding the back of his mind making his chest drawn in sour feelings again. Last night, "long night, stange men".

When it took him so long to come back from the samll shop where he said he was going, the boys knew that something was wrong. They called him and sent Leedo and Hwangwoon to check in the shop and see if they could find him, the night was freezing and Seoho wasn't there, it drove them crazy, they started looking everywhere and bombarding his phone with text messages and calls but there was no news from the other. 

Right in front of the shop, a black van was parked, Seoho's eyes widened, he was taken by surprise, he let the things he just bought fall on the ground as he fought for his life. Throwing away fists and trying to remove the strong hand wrapped around his mouth supressing his voice and screams, muffles were heard as Soeho tried his best to get away from the strange man's grip but the other kept dragging him inside. He was terrified, who is he and what did he want from him ? 

Seoho's fighting against the much taller much built man was almost useless, he managed to scratch him few times here and there but he could never find his way out of his grip. He was feeling weaker, his muscles giving in as the other guy dragged him inside and threw him inside the van so ever violently. Seoho's head made a harsh contact with the van's worn out walls, a thud was heard and Seoho was put down, just like a wild animal he thought. Something was pressing on top of him, the other man's body was too heavy and he could feel the vehicle starting to move. He wrestled the other trying to push him away finding it hard to get air inside his lungs, he kicked and screamed. He didn't know if he will ever get away from the other's grip, will he ever ? A milllion thought came across his mind, what will happen to him ? what will happen if they find his dead corps laying somewhere in the dirt ? will they cry ? will they miss him ? What will happen to him ?

He didn't think straight, the van was moving someone must be driving it while this big guy was hoovering all over him but suddenly the van swayed to the left. The driver took a turn, a turn that made the other guy fall to his side and for Seoho to finally be on top of him for the first time. He used all the strength he had left to keep the other pinned down, every last grip to make the other's dirty hands away from him while he used his other hand to try and get to the door. It was far away and he had no time, no air left in his lungs, no power in his muscles, he knew that he had one chance and one chance only, only one shot to escape and open the door and immediately jump no turning back.

He pushed the bigger man down trying to do as much damage as he could with his little tiny body and when he felt like the van was slowing down probably making an other turn somewhere in the city,  he run for the door, and he jumped. 

Cars behind them squeaked, brakes where harshly stepped on when Seoho just appeared from nowhere, soon people gasped around him, others yelled and some were just shocked. He was in the middle of the road, the jump made him fall and bumb into himself and roll a dozen times before he was motionless. He quickly stood up, he had to cover his face and his injured leg, bloody face and almost every other inch of his body, and he ran. He ran away so hard, so far until he knew they wouldn't dare come after him anymore. 

He had no idea where he was or where he was heading, his head was spinning in million directions, he couldn't think straight, for a second he forgot about what was happening, about who he was. It was really cold that night, the cold getting through his ripped clothes and worn out muscles somehow numbing the pain. 

The streets were empty, there was street lights, that's all what he saw, light in the way he was walking, a very long street, not even stray dogs were seen, he kneeled to the wall and slid to the ground breathing in the harsh clod air. It took him few moments to make sense of the feeling, something was moving against his right thight, oh right, his phone. Seoho reached for it, slowly taking it off his pocket and looking at the screen, only half of it was showing, the other half was totally smashed and blurred but he recognised the flashing name. In the back of his head, flashes were coming in and out, sharp pain hit his temples and he had to hold his pounding head in his own hands before he picked up. The other side of the line started screaming, calling his name when he didn't respond to the "Where the hell are you" and "Why aren't you picking up ?" questions, few seconds after only breathing into the phone "Hyung please come get me" he said, just that. The other side of the line went crazy 

"Where are you Seoho ? what happened ?" 

"I don't know"

breathing in snow flakes

it's so cold outside 

"Do you think you can send us a location ?"

Fidgeting with the already broken phone and sending anything seemed to be impossible "It's broken" he mumbled before finally managing to send something 

"What's broken ? Are you okay ?"

Many questions were asked but only heaving breaths were heard from the other side "Just don't move we are coming"  

Time passed, he almost lost sensation of everything around him until finally he could feel someone kneeling in front of him, Seoho slowly picked his head up, slightly openeing his eyes, his stomach slightly twisting and heart suddenly racing trying to find out who it was. Their eyes met, Seoho heaved a sigh he didn't know he was holding so painfuly in his chest. The man in front of him looked at him from above, eyes full of worry, he closed his eyes before he held the smaller in his arms tightly ... an angel.

Soon, shuffles were heard around them, they are here, he was found. 

Ravn slowly broke the hug and took a second look at the younger in his embrace. Cold as he was, Seoho was shivering, breathing in snow flakes, he closed eyes and heaved for long hitched breaths. Ravn hurried to cover him up with his own jacket and used his body to give him warmth. Slowly, they stood up. Keonhee, Leedo, Hwangwoong and Xion. They were worried but neither of them said a word, they found him, that's all what matters for now, questions can be asked later.

Seoho was hurt, they could see the injuries, they are very visible, their first stop had to be the doctor. Through the whole ride, Seoho didn't dare to move from where he was placed next to Ravn and the others close by keeping him warm each with hundreds of questions but Seoho was in no condition to answer, he was cold just so cold and for a second he just closed his eyes leaning into his friends for support, for warmth, he felt safer now.

When he woke up, it felt like he just got teleported, he didn't remember when he really fell asleep, did he even fall asleep ? 

His eyes flattered open and he could feel this buzzing sound in the back of his head, it took him a second to adjust and focus. In the background, there was a beebing sound, it was faint at first but as Seoho weakly blinked, the sound got louder, it wasn't scary but it was annoying, he closed his eyes again. He felt a touch, too gentle, something warm against his ice cold hand and slowly he started to pick up the noises, someone was calling his name, asking him to open his eyes and look at him but it was hard to keep track. Seoho's head was stuffed and still between reality and daydreams but the touch was now firm. Someone was holding his hand tightly into his own, pressing it gently, tight enough for Seoho to feel how sincere it was.

It took him some more time to open his eyes, fluttering them open and lifting them to have a quick look around. Hwanwoong was there, desperately looking down at him and behind himself as if he was talking to someone else still holding into Seoho's hand and calling out for him

"Can you hear me ?" he asked righ above his head with his worried eyes looking at him. Seoho managed to move his fingers against Hwanwoong's hand indicating a yes but a very weak and tired yes. 

Soon, there was more noise around him and he felt like he couldn't move, he wondered what was going on and what could have happened, nothing he can recall. Hwanwoong was pushed aside, for sometime, Seoho only saw people in white come in and about him, so far he realised he was in a hospital but why ? Bruises all over his exhaused body, scratches and wounds, his muscles burned, he couldn't move much but at least he was awake enough to understand what the doctor told him "You were in an accident" ,"Don't move" and "Rest" ... "You'll be fine" 

When they came to see him, Seoho was sleeping again. His upper body undressed but still covered with a blanket up until his chest, their eyes teared up, bruises everywhere, his wounds cleaned and covered with bandages on his chest, his back, cuts and scratches all over his arms and neck and righ above his left eye there was a stitch. Nothing too dangerous they said except for one thing "He doesn't remember a thing" the doctor told them a while ago "He experienced a trauma and got hit on the head probably few times, we had to stitch a wound above his left eye" ... "It's not dangerous and it happens the only thing is that we don't know when or if he will ever remember" ... "It's nothing of our control" 

They silently sat around him "I don't think it's a good idea to tell him" Leedo said quietly, after seeing what the CCTVs have shown them earlier with the police department, the boys came to their own conclusions while the police came out with thier own trying to catch whoever did this

"We will be lying to him" Keonhee exclaimed 

"No, he was in an accident and that's what we're telling him" Ravn sounded firm "If he remembers on his own then we will talk about it, if he doesn't then it's good" ... "I can't imagine what he will have to go through if he ever found out" his voice shifted from firm to sad and the others nodded.

He can't know, they thought it was the best for him, Seoho already been through alot, it will take him time to recover his injuries but if he knows what really happened he will have to recover lot more than just his wounds. They knew that their friend is better off without the truth, he was in an accident, a car drove by so quickly on his way back from the shop and the police was working on it. That's all what he needed to know.