Drowning: Xion

Stay Strong ONEUS
  

He couldn’t breathe

He couldn’t scream

His chest crushed under the angry waves

He struggled, both hands and feet stumbling into each other

The water was deep and cold

His heart was racing

Body overwhelmed

And out of breath

 

They were filming somewhere in a high mountain, a cliff with a stunning view. The ocean was as wide as the universe itself colliding with the blue sky above. The waves hit the edges of the rocky mountain and blasted as they made contact, splattering the salty water everywhere ... and it was beautiful.

Windy as it was, the waves were getting higher as if they developed an ego for themselves, every wave wants to hit a higher score while coming in contact with the edge of the mountain.

ONEUS members stood there for some time admiring the beauty of nature before them. Filming some and chatting some, working and taking pictures ... they were having a good time.

Xion took a few hesitant steps towards the edge of the cliff where the photographer asked him to be for his photoshoot.

Something didn’t feel right

“Are you sure it’s safe ?” the younger asked and was met by nothing but confident answers from the staff. His friends stood close by watching him walk closer “Just be careful it might be a bit slippery” Ravn said rather worried, they all knew that Dongju wasn’t always very brave and this cliff is just too high for him, he didn’t dare to look down, there was nothing but water and big waves hitting the sides of the mountain.

The photshoot started, he was feeling a bit tense but he knew that he had to loosen up a bit if he wanted to get good shots. He took a deep breath and tried not to think much about the breathtaking view right behind him. Posing here and there, Dongju somehow lost track of his surroundings, he thought that he was finally feeling comfortable standing at the edge of the cliff when he didn't know where he was stepping. He took one quick wrong step behind himself and everyone around him yelped. 

Tripping into his own feet, Xion stumbled backwards

He was terrified

He could hear s yelling his name but he was no longer there

He fell 

And the fall was too high

A huge splash was heard 

He fell into the deep angry water 

He started ramaging his hands and feet trying to get out but it was too late 

He was scared, his heart was racing and no air was going through his lungs

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. He couldn't see anything, not that he opened his eyes much anyways, he was too scared to even look, the horror that over took him was beyond his own understanding, the water coming through his mouth and nose, it all happened so suddenly, so unexpected.

Screaming at him the second they noticed the stumble, horror took over them. Standing at the edge of a cliff in the middle of nowhere, they saw their youngest being sallowed by the waves. Hwanwoong on his knees, it was only a fraction of a second but it felt like an hour. Traumatised by what just happened, they needed to act fast. But what could they do ?

Looking from above, Keonhee covered his mouth with his hands ... shocked, Ravn's heart seemed to have stopped beating for now and Seoho just froze still processing what just happened while their female staff yelled and screamed. Leedo ran closer to the edge, he could see the water spalsh where Xion fell "I'll go after him" he said between rugged breaths. No one gave him an answer because no one had one, yes ? no ? they didn't know what to say. And just like that, Leedo took few steps back and ran to the edge of the cliff throwing himself behind the younger and in a fraction of a second, water overtook him too.

Geonhak wasted no time, he plunged right next to where he saw Dongju getting swallowed by the waves, at this point, the younger was about to give up, not getting any air no help, he was floating, eyes half closed, body no longer moving until Geonhak grabbed him by his shirt. bringing him closer and up towared the surface. 

Once their heads were above water, Leedo made sure that Xion's head was above his own, getting the younger closer to him and letting his head rest of his shoulder and he shook him. He shook him hard until the other started coughing. Xion started coughing badly holding into Geonhak still ramaging in his embrace "It's okay" Leedo tried to calm the younger, telling him that he was fine now and that help was coming but as scared and horrified Dongju was, he didn't stop moving in the older's embrace kicking and clutching into him while he tried to breathe so badly.

The coast guards who were informed about the incident were coming closer, Leedo tried to keep the younger as calm as he could until help finally came to rescue them. 

Getting Xion to safetly on board of the coast guard's boat, everybody was hoovering over him, Geonhak was still holding him close when the paramedics came to take a look but Xion wasn't responding, he was too agitated and still traumatized by what has just happened and he was just so ... cold.

Getting his body tempreture, the paramedic read 35. He was undergoing hypothermia, his body tempreture dropping so low as a result of his unexpected conatct with the water. 

Dongju was still clutching into Leedo's side shivering badly, he was going frantic, his petite body just too overwhelmed with everything that has just happened. Leedo could feel how trumbling and shocked the younger was, he simply just held him close, tight in his embrace and tried to sooth him. Helping him with an emergency blanket, the paramedic said that they just needed to wait for his body heat to go back to normal.

By the time they reached the shore, everyone was waiting for them, the rest of the members as well as the crew who were with them only to find Dongju burried in Geonhak's embrace the boy still shivering both cold and scared. They didn't know what to do, how to approach him, they simply waited for him to feel better and some time later, Leedo was walking him straight back to their van.

They silently followed "He's okay just dry him off and make sure he stays warm" they said, he was okay but ONEUS knew better. His vitals might be looking okay but Dongju was seriously shaking. He hasn't said a word ever since he came out of the water, no matter how much the others said or asked he was merely clutching into Leedo looking somewhere beyond what the floor had to offer him. They had to drive all the way back to the hotel where they were staying. 

They were all worried, Leedo being the only one whom the boy could interact with, he held him close during the ride. Both so wet and cold, the rest of the members helping them drying off their clothes and warming them up covering them with their own coats and jackets.

The moment they reached the hotel, Leedo took Dongju by the hand and they slowly walked inside the room immediately helping him taking a warm shower and taking away the saltiness of the ocean, both putting on some fresh clothes and sharing the same bed warmth. Ravn and Seoho on one side while Hwanwoong and Keonhee on the other, they patiently waited.

They stopped asking questions a long time ago, Leedo being the only talking and he was still trying to help the younger in his own way and Dongju finally let his eyes rest and drifted to sleep

"He must have been so shocked" Keonhee stated the obvious fact

"The water was so deep, I'm so surprised I got to him in the first place" 

To speak the truth, Leedo was scared too. Never did he thought about doing something like that, if you ask him any other day to jump from a cliff into the water for fun, he wouldn't do it. He never understood where he got the courage nor the strength from just to catch the younger.

"You are okay that's all what matters" Seoho said 

"But is he ?" Leedo pointed at the maknae sleeping right next to him "He hasn't said a word since then, who knows what's happening inside his head?"

Running a soothing hand on top of the sleeping boy's head, they promised to take care of him. No matter how scary or dark thoughts Dongju might have righ now, they promised to take care of him. He's okay and that's all what mattered for now, they'll be here for him no matter what.