Poison: Keonhee

Stay Strong ONEUS

   

 

"You can have one more bite" 

"I know you're busy and you barely have time to eat so please have some more"

"Take care of yourself ... Stay healthy" 

"Eat well"

She said before she casually passed by to greet Hwanwoong right by his side 

It didn't seem weird, the fans offered them food and goodies all the time 

They never questioned anyone, they just trusted their fans with everything they said or did 

He didn't think twice, he took what she offered, just like he took what the others before her offered, it was all what they have been doing during fan signs anyways.

 

For some reason, he couldn't keep up, his body suddenly acting against him. Heat waves were tensing him up leaving beads of sweat all over his forehead and face. He reached to wipe the unusual cold sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand and couldn't understand why.

Maybe he was too tired already.

The fan sign was over and no matter how heavy-hearted he felt, Keonhee was now able to get some rest. Getting off the stage and getting some rest was all he wanted right now. He was feeling heavy, his head felt light, and overall just too tired. He waved everyone goodbye before he jumped inside the van not really caring about Dongju stealing his favorite seat again.


He sunk into the chair


His hand landing on his temples for sometime before he casually let it sit on his stomach.


He closed his eyes, for a few seconds and he was out.
He fell asleep way too quickly and with no words exchanged with anyone and it was strange considering Keonhee's loud self.

The next thing he felt was, Hwanwoong nudging his shoulder and asking him to wake up and leave the van. It was a 40 minutes drive but it only felt like 5 minutes to him. He didn't mind much, he was finally home.

He quickly took a shower and put on some fresh clothes, even though he just finished his shower, he could feel the sweat still coming off his forehead and the back of his neck. He couldn't understand why at first but then sitting on the living room couch for some time listening to his body, he barely could keep his eyes open, his head throbbing so bad and this twisting inside his stomach was getting worse.

He closed his eyes just for a while, he felt everything spinning and his body heating up and all sweaty again. He just got out of the shower, how can he be sweating again?

Leedo came to sit by his side for some time and noticed how dazed the other was looking "Are you okay ?" he casually asked, Keonhee looked up

"I ... I think I'm gonna throw up"

Keonhee said while trying to push himself off the couch finding his way to the bathroom once again. Alerted, Leedo walked right behind him, he saw the way Keonhee wobbled his way inside, immediately kneeling by his side when the younger just fell to his knees in front of the toilet bowl and heaved everything out.

He was sitting there for nearly half an hour now.

Everyone inside their dorms was aware of what the other was going through now

First, it was Leedo who tried to comfort him and then, Ravn took over but Keonhee's heaving and stretching didn't seem to be getting any better 

Keonhee was drenched in a cold sweat, he threw up everything he had inside his stomach and more, nothing was coming out but the burning sensation was still there forcing him to let out only dry heaves. His mind was fuzzy, his body trembling and he just couldn't keep track of what was surrounding him anymore.

Even though his stomach was still urging him to vomit nothing but dry heaves, Keonhee found himself being gently picked up off the floor and taken to the living room again. He actually doesn't know how did that happen, all he felt was a strong grip around his shoulders and then softly being asked to lay down. The noises around him started to fade away, he just closed his eyes for a while and felt like he was floating somewhere above water.

***

Keonhee was vomiting so badly for about 20 minutes, Leedo was there next to him the whole time, he tried to help but no matter what he said or did, Keonhee wasn't responding to him. Soon, Hwanwoong and Dongju came peeking inside and then Seoho and Ravn. Keonhee's face went from tired to pale as a ghost in minutes and Leedo was really worried.

His lips were turning slightly blueish and he was shivering uncontrollably and that's when Ravn asked Leedo to move away. Nothing was coming out, only dry heaves now but the younger looked exhausted, his reflection was nothing but good. Ravn could feel how cold Keonhee's body has become and it scared him. He hurried to cover the younger with his own jacket and asked him if he can stand up now. Meanwhile, Hwanwoong called their manager and told him about the situation, the man just told them to hold on for some time, he was going to get a doctor and come see them immediately.

Getting no response from Keonhee, Ravn gently wrapped his arms around Keonhee and lifted him up. The younger could hardly stand and Seoho came at his other side to help get him lay down on the couch in the living room. The moment Seoho softly helped him rest his head on the headset, Keonhee heaved a sigh letting his body relax on the soft material. Even though Seoho was still there trying to talk to him wiping away the cold sweat from his face, Keonhee has already lost sensation of everything that was happening around him, he closed his eyes for a while, his chest going up and down in slow motion, he looked like he was sleeping but they knew that he was more unconscious than sleeping.  

Wrapping his ice-cold body with a blanket, Hwanwoong took Keonhee's hands into his own trying to warm them up "He's so cold" Hwanwoong stated the obvious fact but nobody seemed to know what was wrong with him exactly, he was fine earlier and now this? 

The doorbell sound woke them up from their daze, finally, the doctor was here. Dongju hurried to open the door and let the two men in. The doctor didn't waste any time to examine Keonhee and he came out with a scary conclusion.

"He was poisoned" 

"His body rejected it and that's why he was vomiting so much but it's good that he did" ... "Now that it's out of his system, his body will be a bit weak and dehydrated but he'll be okay" 

The doctor hurried to hook the sick boy on IV drips and stuffed his body with antibiotics to get rid of whatever it has left inside. 

It's been an hour or so, Keonhee didn't even move in his sleep, his face looked so sunken and his fever manifested itself a while after the doctor gave him his first dose of antibiotics. He looked exhausted but his body was fighting well so far covered under the blankets so tightly.

Everything around them was quiet, they had their theories of how this had happened but they knew better not to be too open about it, whoever that person was, she definitely wasn't a fan.

Somewhere between finishing his second IV, Keonhee slowly opened his eyes. Everything was spinning and his body was uncomfortably hot and sweaty, a painful moan escaped his mouth getting everyone's attention. A sharp pain ran through his abdomen like a knife, he felt like throwing up again but there was nothing in his system to spare. He sat up quickly and regretted his actions immediately as the pain only grew worse.

Seeing the way Keonhee was acting up, the doctor immediately jumped to his side helping him to lay back down and trying to explain why his body was doing this to him. Keonhee looked so confused, he didn't know what to think, he just laid there for some time and the pain was starting to fade away.

"How are you feeling ?" Leedo asked finally getting the chance to get close to the younger wrapping his fingers around his cold hands 

"Dizzy" Keonhee managed to say with a scratchy voice 

Leedo sighed moving aside to give more space for the others who came to have a look at Keonhee too 

"You'll be okay," Seoho said, flashing a sad smile at the younger in front of him "It's going to be a tough night but you'll be okay" he continued brushing away Keonhee's hair 

"You just need to rest for some time" Ravn added "Do you need anything? Are you comfortable ?"

"I'm okay ... just tired" 

Hearing that, Seoho just tucked the younger under his blanket one last time before Hwanwoong placed a cold wet cloth on top of his head and they backed away leaving him to go back to sleep and have the rest he needs. Deep down they knew that he was probably suffering mentally more than he was suffering physically, just how anyone could think of hurting this ball sunshine? Mesures were about to be taken soon.