Chapter 9

Unexpectedly In Love

Hi!!! I hope you will read the whole chapter even they start off on the sad side! Baekhyun is waiting for you all down here! Please anticipate them! 

----

Baekhyun is waiting for Seol to arrive at the library, he was thankful enough that she replied to him. This is the first time they will meet, that’s almost one week after his confession, although as he expected, Seol really did avoid him but doesn’t mean that all of his plans will just turn into nothing. He deserved all the best, and that’s her.

He stand up when he saw Seol walking at the aisle of the hall, “Hello Seol!” casually greeting her. Seol awkwardly greet back. How does he do that? For the past one week that have passed, she is so distracted.

It all includes being so insecure about his feelings to her, a lot of thoughts has conveyed on that confession. Sometimes she began questioning herself too, that she doesn’t deserve someone like him because like what she perceived, she is insecure about herself. Sad, but that’s how she think it is and the worst of all, even he said all of that she was scared to tell him.

As they stand, he asked. “Are you studying?” Seol kept quiet for a long seconds, looking at the grounds, there she began to have such thought, she feel like crying. “You want to talk?” 

They walk at the empty park, sat at the bench, “I’ll listen to you.” Baekhyun said as he silently appreciate the calmness of the park.

Seol felt guilty about everything, it took a lot of her power to be brave about her own feelings for him, “I’m…so…I’m sorry baekhyun…” she deeply sighs, “to be honest, I don’t feel good that you like me…I doubted you because…I’m insecure about myself…and you don’t deserve someone who…don’t know how to value feelings just because of she was cope with her own problem…you are too good for someone like me.”

Seol suddenly feel stupid, “I really don’t think how it is supposed to help us both. Do I really make a sense?”

Baekhyun let a seconds passed before he talk, he is also scared but more than that, he really want to let her know what is the truth for him, that he is willing to help her and he will do anything just for her.

 “You don’t have to feel bad about it Seol…I understand how it is going on you…just let me be beside you. I don’t care even if it will be forever…it is fine. You can always take your time.”

“I feel so stupid, worthless and selfish, I don’t even like myself…how can I….how can I deserve you? I’m so sorry—“She was cut off when Baekhyun stand her up from seat. He put his arms to her waist, hugging her tightly. “I want to say, meeting you is where I’m so happier than ever. Let’s help us build each other…hmmm? Let me have a chance, I will do anything.”

There, Baekhyun did his best to melt all the insecurities of hers with his sincerity.

 

Another day have passed, the duo is busy with their school life, and Baekhyun decided to visit her at the review center.

“Seol, I’m here.” Seol taken aback when Baekhyun just showed up behind her, a lot of students glare at her. She said sorry and excuse themselves out of the hall. Seol is on her review center’s library, studying a while after her class.

They stand outside the building, “What are you doing here baek? How did you find me on this large space?”

“I just spotted your high bun hairstyle…” Baekhyun said in low tone while looking away, Seol is so confuse, she didn’t hear clearly what he said.

“What?”

“You look pretty with your hair style up like that, but you are already pretty with your hair curls. You are beautiful from far and near sight, I would still recognized you from that gate if you stand here.”

Seol is so shy to hear it, but in a good way that it makes her heart flutter. “Cut them off baek, what you doing here? And what’s with your big and pink paper bag?” Baekhyun has a bag hidden at the back. It was big and colorful.

“I just happened to be at the area…I remembered you tell me that you will have your all time at the review center so I am here!” He said and raise his right arm to give her the bag, “Here, my present for you because you are doing so well with your study.”

She look at him and sincerely smile, he was doing so well doing his little surprises to her. She appreciates all of them. The first time he surprise is on the locker at her department, he gave her the latest cd for the basketball game for the new season, which she really want to play but she had no money to buy and they play the game right after they finish their class.

She would also notice some post-it at her book with cringe-worthy notes from him, like “My heart is in cardiac arrest, can you do a CPR for me?” she really cringe at first but the second post-it would be like this, “You are someone’s future doctor, who will be so proud of your hard works.” The she feel motivated again, that’s when she really feel worth it and special, that all of her effort will pay off.

Sometimes they would be movie marathon of a horror genre at the daytime with Hawaiian pizza and coke zero. Accompanying her on daily review session. Things like that maybe not a big deal, but she appreciate them.

“Thank you for this baekhyun!” She felt delighted when she saw a bunch of bakery goods from the bag, it’s been an hour when the lunch have passed and she didn’t have a chance to eat. Maybe it is the right time to ditch the review, after all it is no longer feel comfortable and it makes her head ache.

“Wait for me here! I will just get my things!” Baekhyun hold her wrist, “did you finish your readings?”

Seol only nodded,” I think yes, I already finished my review center for today and they make my head ache, so you came in the right timing!” and run off inside the hall. He only laughed the way she walk off with the paper bag. “She should have leave that to me.”

After a minutes Seol walk out the building, “Let me hold this for you.” Baekhyun take the bag from her. “Wait, I want to give you some calories.” He laughs, “So it is biochem right now dr.?”She just smile and pick out a drink with a green cap from her bag, “This is my thank you.”

Baekhyun feels so happy, he know that she gives her a chance. “Thank you, Seol” She smiles brightly, “you are welcome too! Now where we to go?”

He is glad that she ask that. Aside from being at the area, they already finish the filming of his on-site training. He wants to take her out on a date, “You said that you want to be on the real circuit from the game of F*1 2019 right---“Seol stops and look at him with her eyes twinkling, “Are you being serious now?” she ask with the unbelievable tone. He nodded while sipping his banana milk.

“As in like on the game?” He laughs and nodding vigorously. “Yes, we will ride a kart, the same thing that we saw at the game.”

“Let’s go go!! Where do you park your car?” She run off away from him, Baekhyun feels how she is so excited. Everything he planned is going so well. The last time they meet and play the game, she said how she likes to be in real circuit, since she like the little kart racing from her childhood and that is her last experience being on a kart. Baekhyun works so hard to find a look-so-alike circuit and kart from the game and the luck must be on his side when he saw that the ticket is 40% off and immediately book them.

“Please put on your seatbelt, Seol.”

She felt so giddy and excited just by the thought of the circuit, “I’m so excited!”

Baekhyun put on his engine and drives off through the circuit. As She is so busy munching her bake goods, he is driving with a happy heart knowing that she gives him many chances that for sure will be worth it soon.  

Arriving at the circuit, Seol get off first. He shake his head with a smile, “I know you are excited and all but can you calm down first.” She breathe in and out. “Okay, so first I knew that you didn’t bring an extra shirt so I bought mine from the studio. It is clean.” She take one from his hand.

They entered the big and wide circuit stadium, and as they instruct first to change their outfit at the locker room. Attend a short orientation about don’t and do’s, and other important measure for safety of drivers. “Both of you is so lucky to purchase this rare ticket, so drive well and stay safe.”

As they enter the arena, there are two kart wheel that is waiting to drive off, Seol is amused, this is so look like in the game, this is not the kart wheel she imagine, this one is the expensive car she always saw at the game. “It is so real Baek, I almost can’t believe what I see.”

Baekhyun laughs, “We can save our amusement later Seol, so please let’s just focus at the game hmm?”

“I will win this baekhyun! Let’s see!”

The driver get in the car with so much anticipation, Seol keep the information from her head that the speed is the most important rather than who got first at the finish line. As they heard the bang, the two started drive off.  Baekhyun drives so smoothly and have a good record of speed. Meanwhile, Seol is just enjoying and set her speed when they will reach the white line. Even when on slope she is so proud that she is handling it so well and at the same time so excited.

“Seol is so good on slope! I really can’t believe this girl!” Baekhyun saw how her kart goes smoothly on slope.

Arriving at the last lap, both of them got so anticipate, stopping at the line and saw the scoreboard. Getting off to see the score clearly on their vision.

“What? It is only 3 seconds gap?” Baekhyun said and took off his helmet while beside him is a busy jumpy Seol who is screaming so happily. “I win!!!” although it is so unbelievable for him, more than that, Baekhyun is so happy that his plan for today is a success.

He watch her just like that, “Congratulation Seol!” Baekhyun is so shock when she ran to him and put her legs on his waist hugging him, he immediately let go his helmet and support their balance, with respecting her privacy, he put his arm just on the back of her thigh. She hug him so tight saying how much she is thankful. He smiles and turning around in circle, feeling so glad. “You are so welcome Seol. You deserved me, and all of this crazy thing we did.”  

The whole staff who is watching them felt how happy is that moment, so they prepare a little awarding. The two got back all smiles, “Welcome back! So as a tradition, we prepare this awarding show, for the two of you.” Guiding them to the platform, announcing the first winner Seol, “Wow, is this for real?” when the staff gave her medal and trophy. Same with Baekhyun got his second placer title.

“Do you want to take a picture?”

Seol bring him at the first place platform, put her arm at his shoulder, hands of him on her waist. As the staff take the picture, Seol place a kiss on his cheek. The staff laughs how baekhyun left standing at the platform while she is now busy checking the picture, “Oh it came out well!” Baekhyun left the stage and see the picture together with her who is laughing, “You caught me so off-guard Seol!”

“You look adorable here!”

“But it is only one copy…how about me?” Baekhyun borrow the polaroid camera from the staff, “Let me take one too!”

Together they took a photo, with Baekhyun who also kiss her on the cheek.

----------

The picture above is Seol's polaroid picture. Let's just imagine it is them. this is the real one i imagined here, It's so hard to find one :(( I legit feel how they are so happy and inlove with each other! I am so happy for them!!! I'm so proud of Seol for being brave about her insecurities and giving a chance for herself to be happy too. I hope everyone appreciate her. Baekhyun did so well!

also i'm sorry for a little detail about kart racing :(( I only have the reference from the Travel to the world S2 of EXO... i did a research about them and I did my best on describing that part.

the post it that baekhyun did write is from Dr. Kang Dongjoo said to dr. yoon seo jong during their SBS awarding "My heart is in cardiac arrest..." Everyone who watch romantic doctor season 1 would be familiar with that. 

Let's see each other then on the final chapter!