Chapter 4

Unexpectedly In Love

Today is another day at the University, Seol is so busy skimming her handout because they have a quiz on her next class. It was her major…and to tell the truth, her grades on this subject is not that great, she observes that even if she cram the whole topic or study diligently it is always the same. She believes that the unit is the one having their own problem not hers, but she still needs to study, its either no or no choice at all. Does it even considered a choices though? She wants to laugh at her own joke but it would look stupid.

Whiles she is busy, a small knock in the table startled her but again, she is too busy that it didn’t bother her at all.

“Excuse me, can I sit here?” A voice interrupted, Seol nodded and says, “It’s okay, it is not like I own this library.” While still busy reading.

Baekhyun almost chuckle and shake his head, what a busy girl. She didn’t sound rude to him, what a strange feelings. He goes to library to return a book he borrowed last time, then he unexpectedly saw Seol while waiting for the librarian to process his request, She standout among of them because she seat alone on a table in the middle of this big library.

Since he doesn’t have any class soon he decided to hang out a bit with her. He seat in across the other side of the table. He learned another lesson of her for today, She looks so serious that she didn’t mind other people around her, he don’t know what to think is right or wrong. The sight is too cute for him or this might be lead to disaster that may cause an accident. This girl is making him think that decision making is suddenly hard, he wants to laugh. Of course he should inform her about this, it might be cute for him but that’s a no-no.

Seol is saying unfamiliar words and too inaudible for him to understand…Baekhyun just grabbed a book to make it as face shield and titled his head to watch her time to time... it took a lot of time before Seol notice him, she completely abandoned her handout on the table.

“What…what are you doing here?” She said on a small voice.

Baekhyun who just got recognized right away, bring down the book, “Hi Seol! I am studying, after all this is a library.” He managed to say and pull of an awkward smile.

Seol’s eyebrows knitted together, frowning, “How long have you been here…”Baekhyun tugged his chair toward more and lean in, “Since that ‘okay, it is not like I own this library’.” Mimicking her tone, Seol looks away, embarrassed.

Baekhyun just smiled at the sight,” Are you studying?” Seol nodded and panic, forgetting her purpose here…oh right she is stu…dying?

“Oh my gosh!” She grabbed the handbook, and stares at him. She couldn’t believe she forgot that in a while since she saw him. What is happening to her, she also don’t know it herself.

Baekhyun felt guilty afterwards and offers,” Do you want me to help you?”

Seol looks so interested even when she said,” You don’t have class?” Although she thought it doesn’t show, but baekhyun is so good at reading facial expressions, he wants to say it aloud but she look stress and he want to help.

“Nope. I went here to return a book, then I just saw you.” Seol looks so unsure for what is his purpose here, baekhyun explained more that, “Well…It’s true that I return a book then dragged myself here just making sure that it’s you and…you know what…I’m good at memorizing.” It sound like he is bragging about it, strangely he looks cute explaining and no, she doesn’t want to say it boo, and so she just smile.

And there is here strange behavior that she says, “I am terrible at memorizing, I really don’t know myself why I am here at this field.” She suddenly blurted out her grudges and it does relieve her. Baekhyun smiled its sounds funny to hear it from her and too cute to handle, what he will do now?

He slightly tapped the table, “So you need my help right?” Seol nodded and move to the other side, beside him.

Seol explains the topic on easy way so that baekhyun can also follow up.

“Ah so you mean that these microorganisms does have specific chemical reagent, that is a test and they have specific result for them like negative or positive.”

Seol looks at him and dumbfounded right now, she just explained the topic briefly…and he get it right away? What kind of sorcery is this…”Yes, you are right, it is important to know what reaction they did, because that is where most the of the conclusion are made.”

Baekhyun nodded, he was right, “Then can I borrow a paper and pencil?” Seol led him the pencil,” here, you can use that as a paper…I really don’t mind it.” Baekhyun begins his work, he uses the space at the paper. He think the easy way to cope up with the problem. He conclude that one of her studying habit is that she tend to study the topic as a whole…and he just learned right now that it includes these many characters and it need to organize in a way that is easy to understand and at the same time clean for eyes to see.

Seol is slightly peeking up on him…and saw that he is making a table. She is at fault that she didn’t do it right away, she is flustered earlier to know that the representative announce too late and just study the handout as a whole, with of course the help of the almighty highlighter pens and her fragile brain she is glad that she is making it through.

Today is just supposed to be a discussion because the professor cancelled the class yesterday and the class representative announce the quiz too late. Yes, she sleep really well last night. Not her fault right?

“Here! I arranged them according to their tests and result.”

Seol looks at him admiringly, “Wow…thank you for this…Baekhyun. It was a great help.”

Baekhyun leaned in comfortably to his seat, “You are welcome! You seem at ease now. I’m glad.”

Seol is reading it carefully it does relieve her, he did this on organized manner. It was easier for her to identify them.

“Thank you… I am really grateful…What do I do to deserve this…”

She was really great expressing her thought, so baekhyun a little, “You think it doesn’t satisfied me?” Seol nodded unconsciously, she feel really grateful that she thinks that a simple thank is not enough.

Baekhyun leaned on the table, put his hand under his chin looking at her side profile, “You are very welcome though…I’m happy that I am able to help. Sometimes a kind words is enough to make someone’s day you know.”

 She flipped the paper and said, “But we agreed that sometimes a thank you is more than a word.” She look at him and there is a small space between them, she stares blankly at him, Baekhyun was taken aback, suddenly his elbow feels so weak, his chin would nearly hit the table if he stays for more than a seconds looking at her,” Well…at least we both agree right?”

Seol’s eyes is still staring at him, “You are right.” and then focus on her readings.

He let out a quiet sigh, so that he can’t distract her. He grabbed a book thinking that he almost cause an accident to his beautiful face back there! What is this girl doing this to him?

After spending thirty minutes, Seol is now busy packing up her things, “Hey, I will go now…It’s almost time for my class.” Baekhyun get up too. “Can I walk you to your class? I have to meet my friends with the same department of you…can I go with you?”

“What does he say then?”

“He said that I can meet him in laboratory hall on the fifth floor.”

Seol nodded,”Hmm…I don’t have the lab hall today but it’s on my way for class…Okay let us go then.” Then the duo walk out the library, its takes another ten minutes to reach the college of medicine building.

“Ah, It’s is okay for you to walk up to fifth floor? The elevator here is not that great.” Seol said when they have arrived on the under maintenance elevator again.

Baekhyun nodded, together they walk the stairs with the crowd of white-collar uniform students, and the stairs can passed as escalator. He was just following behind her so that he can watch any weird behavior around them, the situation is not really nice.

“I’m so sorry you had to go through these crowd.” Seol said while walking upstairs, “It’s okay” He understand that it is rush hour to get lunch.

The two of them finally reached out to the fifth floor. It is now getting the smell of disinfectant and formalin. Baekhyun is not really a fan of the smell, he almost puked if only Seol didn’t give him a tissue.

Seol felt the vibrate coming from her phone, informing her class has moved to a room vacant of laboratory hall.

“Baekhyun, I will go now…Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it and I hope you have a good day ahead.” Seol thanks him for staying with her on the library, she never felt alone back there. Baekhyun is such a great help.

“You are welcome! Good luck on your quiz! Ace them!” Seol smile a little and bow to him. He watch her entered a vacant room. While waiting for his friend to meet him he causally walking around over the transparent glass door just to see her listening to the class discussion.

“So this was her when she is listening to class.” She looks so cute when standing up on the high chair when there is a people blocking her view. The chairs is not comfortable for a long hour lecture he hope she can make it through the end of the class.

He waited at the hall for another ten minutes staring blankly at the view upfront of the building, The building of them has this wide transparent glass facing the north side and it haves the best sightseeing to look at.  A voice startled him, it’s so loud that made him wonder if that penetrates to the rooms. “Hey Baekhyun! What are you doing back there! Watching your crush?” He glared at his friend to hide his embarrassment. He must be saw baekhyun casually looking at a room when he told him to wait for another ten minutes till his class are over.  

“What took you so long man? My hair is almost white waiting for you here.” Baekhyun said and his friend has this crescent eyes when he laugh.

“But you seem happy waiting for me though!”

Baekhyun just shook his head and leave with his friend to get their lunch.

Although they can meet at the food court but Baekhyun chooses to wait his friend right at his department. Saying that he loves his friend that he is willing to wait for him even he hates the smell of disinfectant. What a thoughtful friend.

What more reason we can have aside from him being a “thoughtful friend” they say? Chen are being interested on Baekhyun’s love life!

------

Hi! Updates for all of you since I am very happy and overwhelmed that we saw the whole EXO cheering up baekhyun for his last stage and of course the #Candy3rdWin!!! 

So are we all happy that we will see more of jongdae on the story? of course I AM! 

I hope you can appreciate him here and of course support him on his new family!