Chapter 7

Unexpectedly In Love

 

----

Hi! there is some medical word association i used here, i will explain them at the end! Watch out for more fluff! I did my best ^^ Hope you enjoy!

----

“AH! Wait!!!”

Seol look at him with the same poker face she had and glare at Baekhyun who have screamed for the hundredth time when they have arrived at the vacant laboratory room.

“I didn’t even insert it yet baek, I only disinfect your arm.” Seol put down the alcohol ball at the trash bin beside her.

It didn’t took so long of days when they got close to each other. They are pretty much close that they are casually hanging out when they see each other at the University, sometimes Seol’s friends would actually get jealous of her because she had made friend with the Byun Baekhyun, Apparently he is a well-known singer for the main events, Seol wouldn’t know him because she is too lazy to stay and would go home right away after the event has start.

Seol take a look at his arm, and she did lose the area. “Ah, I lost my area of puncture, do you really want to do it Baekhyun? I can manage it myself.”

“But wouldn’t hurt more if you did it yourself?” Seol shook her head,” Nope! I told you earlier that I can just do it right here but you volunteer yourself.” He was so against about it. Never in his life would he actually consider that choices just for a sample needed for the experiment. However, Seol is so immune about it.  “I always do that though when there is really have no choice.”

Seol has her vacant time for two hours before her class start and they meet each other after baekhyun finish his class too, she had told to him that she need someone’s blood sample for the experiment for the class later.

With a few more stories about her past experience about the venipuncture, where sometimes she’d hate herself because they can’t seems to find their luck on her veins during the practice and she would feel very guilty for a whole semester, because she knows she is one of the factor why their grades is low, all because of the location of her vein. She always feel sorry. Baekhyun feels sad about that and decided to volunteer himself even he hates the needle but at least it would overcome his fear since its Seol, the one who deserves his trust.

Baekhyun sighs, “I will take care of you Baekhyun. I promise you.”

He closes his eyes, all for you Seol. “Just…just do it!”

“I will be quick!”

Seol eventually did the whole procedure from the first step, Baekhyun seems at ease when she introduce herself, ask a few questions like if he is allergic to some latex and such, “I will insert it, now.” He gasps when the needle is already inserted and it did not cause so much pain, He watch amusingly, as he see his own blood drawn directly to the tube.

She carefully loosen the tourniquet and finish the procedure with a thank you. “Now, it didn’t hurt that much right?” He nodded, “You have a good handling.”

“Well, thank you! You can press down for more pressure and wait for me, I will just go to stockroom to store this.”

While waiting for her to arrive, he notice some few notes of her on the table. The whole table is just her things that is cluttered up, after cleaning up and arranging her stuff. She was serious when she said that pressure is her best friend.

He can see that much whenever they meet, she always carried some big book, studying while eating, sometime she is telling some stories to relieve her and then study again, he would help her study and it works well. Seol just gained a big respect from him, He is so amazed how she can handle things under the pressure yet she is so low-key.

“Hey, I’m back! Sorry you had to clean up for me…I had to take care some things on the stock room.” Seol also notice that her things is now neatly arranged, she seated right him taking a look at her notes.

“It’s okay. You will study here? Doesn’t the smell suffocate you?”

Seol shook her head, “the smell isn’t bad it is only because of formalin at the back, where do you want to go?  This topic is for tomorrow lecture, I just bookmark them.”

Baekhyun wants to go out with her, but she have her major class, “I will pick you up later! Text me when you finish your class, hmm okay?” Seol nodded.

“If you want to kill time, you can watch our filming at the gym, there’s some thrilling going on right there.”

Seol quickly picked her things goes inside her bag, and get out the room. “Let’s go!!!” Baekhyun just smiled, “Look at you being excited about thriller, you don’t even take off your lab gown.” She quickly took off the gown, “Wait Seol! Ah, let me fold this neatly! I can’t believe this girl seriously!” and put it back on her locker.

Seol run off to elevator, “Let’s go go!”

He just shrugged it off and walk behind her, this girl is so excited. Too cute to handle. “Wait for me! You don’t even know where the gym is!”

As the two arrived at the gym, they sat together, “Wow! I don’t know this gym exist here! It did add the thrill!” He look at her. “Yes…and you are too loud Seol, you are actually killing the mood.” Everyone on the set is hiding their smile. They are happy to see her again, it is the same students from the last film. Seol said sorry on quiet manner.

“Are we all good now? Please do your best, we have the thriller fanatic here, I can’t let disappoint her okay?” they all smiled and as Baekhyun give a cue and the camera started to film.

The actors is so good at acting. All of them carried out the acting really well. Seol actually forgot the time if it not for baekhyun to call for break time she wouldn’t mind to watch more.

“Baek! I will go now! It is almost time for my class and I’m running late! Goodbye! See you later!” She said goodbye to the other people too and run off without him saying anything.

Jeing Luna just laugh on how she ran, it is almost sprinting off the set. “She is running late is she?”

He smile while seeing her on far distance, “I didn’t even say goodbye.”

As the day goes on, Baekhyun is also busy on filming and Seol on her class. It’s almost night when they finish the day. He is casually sitting at the bench outside of the College of Medicine waiting for Seol to finish her class, she just sent him a message that they only need to report.

He got up when he saw his familiar friend, “Hey chen! Already finish your class?”

“Baekhyun! What you doing here? I’m sure you aren’t waiting for me.”

He feel embarrassed, Chen just smile “I can’t believe you are embarrassed…It’s okay lover boy, it is just me here.” He didn’t say anything back, Chen is amazed at his action just now. He knew Baekhyun as someone who is so confident for whatever he do.

“Are you embarrassed? As in for real?” He just can’t believe this guy being so smitten. A voice interrupt them and look at the entrance, it’s a girl, “Wait you know Kim Seol?” Baekhyun look at him, “Yes. I do.”

Baekhyun feel so restless because he is being loud, “You are not telling me anything about this baek…so she is that girl?”

 “Just shut up, she might hear you.”

Seol arrived in front of them, “Hey Chen!” the two of them learned that they are both acquaintances to Baekhyun, Chen know Seol because they have the same class on the other subject.

“We just met unexpectedly, I was suddenly a substitute actress!” Seol comfortably tell him, together they walk to parking lot. Baekhyun notice how comfortably they are, Seol must be also a social butterfly.

“Did you drive Chen? You can hop in.”

“Why do I feel interrupting something here?” Baekhyun glare at him, he just laugh it, “I did drive, Enjoy your little date!”

Seol open the window, “What did he say?” he just smiled awkwardly, “he say nothing.”

He drive throughout the highway, “Oh it is a red light now! I must tell you this!” Seol keep blabbing about something she wants to say, she waited for a red light, “What it is now Seol?”

She look at him smiling goofily, “I feel so overwhelmed and I just want to say it to you.”

“Just tell me, before the signal goes green.”

She sighs, “I am now a candidate for internship!” she hold his other hand, “I can’t believe all the struggle I went through!”

“You did well Seol! I’m proud of you! that call for a celebration!”

“You planned something?”

“I plan to hang out with you since it’s the last day before weekend, but we can celebrate your internship!”

Seol is so excited, “Where we will go?”

“I’m not telling you a thing! It is a green light now. So stay seated for now.”

After a minutes, they have arrived at the destination, “Wait! This is a surprise, I will put a blindfold to you, is that okay?”

“Don’t leave me alone!”

Baekhyun just laugh, this girl is so out of it. “Of course I’m just beside you.”

As they walk through a step, Seol keep touching the wall. “This isn’t stairway to heaven right?”

He laughs, “We are near here! We will just take a couple of steps.”

“To the heaven?”

“Yes it is.”

As they arrive at the top, “You are ready?”

“Yes. I am~!”

Baekhyun pull off the blindfold, the area suddenly light up that shows the two bean sofa, a table with snacks and a TV connected to a game console which are waiting for the players. They are on rooftop with just a perfect night weather.

“So did you like it?”

“Wow…did you prepare all of this?”

“Well…except for the snack, then yes.”

“This is a celebration now! I did well right?”

Seol look at him so happy and hug him, “you did well!” this is the first time she intimate a skinship. Baekhyun hug her back, smiling gladly, “I’m glad. Congratulations on your internship Seol. You did great!”

The hug last for a minutes, showering each other a good words when a voice interrupt them, “Here is the Hawaiian pizza delivery!”

He broke the hug and went to the delivery boy, Seol just walk casually to the bean sofa, “Let’s fight at the Tekken2, the loser got to fulfill a wish!”

“I am a master then!”

--------

Sample - is a term used for a representative bodily fluid that will be use for several test, e.g.: blood, urine, etc.

Venipuncture - the process of puncture in a vein to withdraw a blood sample. 

If you have any questions you can ask me on the comment below!

I'm sad to say that the future chapter will have a delay. I am having school soon, we will conduct the classes through online,  Things will go busy for me...but i will try to writes more because this story will come to an end soon! 

See you at the next chapter! ^^