Chapter 10 : FINAL

Unexpectedly In Love

FINAL CHAPTER

One year have passed for both of them, pursuing each other and chasing their own dreams. Seol finally give herself a chance to be happy with him. As they are trying to learn about themselves throughout almost half a year since they have been met and Baekhyun pursuing her with his outmost effort, they are going better and stronger than ever.

Baekhyun is now a successful junior director, he already manage to get a job after he graduates and he is so grateful to everyone who trusted him and of course the one and only his inspiration, his future doctor, Kim Seol who is now on her first year of residency, she decided to pursue her dreams to be a surgeon, It may took a long time at the very least she have someone who is believing in her. Although the time for them to meet have shortened, both of them is trying so hard to make it.

He is now back at the University, staying inside the studio waiting for the cinema to full.  Today is a very special day for him, the film he did with Seol is now back for another premier show. Although it has been a year, Baekhyun try his everything to put it back in the University’s cinema because he wants to inspire the future generation and he want to show a post credit of the movie dedicated to her.

He call Chen to do something for him, Seol and Chen is in the same department with the same schedule, now is the perfect time to carry out the plan. “Chen! You remember what I said earlier right? Make her enter the cinema okay?!”

Chen sighs on the other line, “I get it Baekhyun, you keep reminding me the same thing every time you called me. Your show starts after an hour. What I want to say that we still have so much of time.” He shake his head, as he expected Baekhyun called him again to remind the same thing.

“Hey! It is have been so long after I called you…I’m just making sure, okay?”

“You just called me twenty minutes ago baek. Love must be some black magic that you even lose at the time no? Don’t worry! Be thankful that we only have to watch one surgery and we are done for today! Relax man!”

Baekhyun still look unsure, “Tsk! Do it right okay? Don’t forget----“

“I get it byun!!! Now shut up because Seol is already acting so suspicious of me!”

Chen ended up the call without Baekhyun say anything, and put his phone on vibrate. He can’t believe this man. He turned at the back and Seol is already looking at him with confuse face at the end of the hall, he walk to her and ask nonchalantly, “What are you, Kim Seol?”

Seol look at him, “Are you okay Chen? We still need to watch one surgery, so please keep up on the game!” Chen just walk with her and entered a room that is serve only for the people to watch the surgery on the other room.

After two hours of viewing, Seol just wants to go home and sleep all day. Watching them makes her head ache, however Chen manage to persuade her to get in his car, because baekhyun already said to her that he can’t make it to pick up her because of some important premier show.

Seol put in her seatbelt, “Chen make sure that this has to be important….or else…” He nodded, “Of course Seol, some lover boy may even thanks me for doing this. Now sleep and I will just wake you up when we get there.” She is so confuse who is that lover boy but she choose to sleep.

As he drives through the highway, Baekhyun is calling again. He put him through the blue*tooth earpiece. “Baekhyun for the nth time! We are on our way! This man is so…impatient!” Chen drive the highway so smoothly.

Baekhyun is already seated inside and the cinema is on full house with limited people, said on his low voice. “I just want to remind you that the show is already starting.”

“The post credit is the most important right? Only a minute have passed Baekhyun, please!”

Baekhyun suddenly felt guilty but anyways, “Ok, I’m sorry! I will make up to you by setting another date for you okay?”

Chen stopping himself to smile, “I can’t believe I’m just giving in to you by saying another date. I will hang up now. Seol is fast asleep.”

As they hung up the phone for the nth time of the day, Baekhyun is now comfortably seating at the end row of seat, waiting for them to arrive.  After an hour, Chen messaged him that they finally arrived. He got out of the theater and pick up Seol on the parking lot. He wants to see her and bring her himself inside the hall.

“Thank you man! I will make it up to you! I promise.” Baekhyun said when he saw Chen standing outside of his car, waiting for him. Shaking his head at the disbelief, but at the same time happy for him. “Okay! I will go now first!”

(Please have a listen to this song: https://open.spotify.com/track/0V64VQHOOcwC60IMRrrXFa?si=ii6r2V_NSmqy2aCK3YlHMw)

Baekhyun nodded and open the driver seat, like Chen said she is sound asleep, this is the first time he will get to see her sleeping so well, because she didn’t even budge out a little when he close the door when in fact she is a light sleeper, “I also didn’t want to wake you up, but I also don’t want this opportunity to miss.”

He lightly tap her shoulder, going on soft voice, “Seol, wake up. It’s me baekhyun.” Seol slowly opened up her eyes and stretching, looking at him, “Oh, baekhyun? I thought Chen pick me up?” He nodded, “or I am just dreaming right now?” she slightly pinch herself. Baekhyun laughs, “You are not dreaming, it is really me.”

“Where are we?”

Baekhyun smiles at the sight of her looking outside, “At the University, I said to you last time that I wanted to show you something? Come on now! We got no time for this hmm? Let’s get out of here.”

 They get out together and ran, holding each other hands, they entered the cinema. It’s only a matter of time that the movie will end soon.

“Oh…it isn’t your movie from your last year?” They seat together. Baekhyun nodded, “Yup, it is now back for another show because the director wants me to congratulate being a junior director.”

Seol smiled at him, patting his head, “You are really doing so great. I’m so happy for you hyun!” he only smile so cute, she laughs on his cuteness and watches the movie.

“It is the last part though,” he smiles just imagining how will be her reaction once the post-credit shows up. “The post credit will be the great ending.” Seol look at him, “but we watched this last year? And there are no post-credit.”

Baekhyun keeping up with his innocence, “Editing team added some worth to watch! Let’s just watch it!”

After a good 20 minutes blackout before the post-credit will show, some people are already leaving, Seol stand up and says, “Wait! You haven’t watch the post credit yet! Don’t leave!” but the people really get out of the cinema so fast, she only realized that only a few students came to watched, “ Wait, why it is only a few of people came to watch? This is a good movie though---“she stops walking around when she notice that Baekhyun is no longer beside her.

An intro of a song came out at the whole cinema, she turned her body at the front of the big screen. There he is standing on the stage, with a mic singing her most favorite song, Endlessly by The Cab. While he was singing, the post-credit finally showed up. She thought that this is another spin off…but she only saw him, Filming Baekhyun doing his post-it notes and putting it on her book. She remembered that is when she first collected his blood sample.

“I hope that you will see it, because you are doing so well!” the voice…it is Baekhyun. Then it shows another clip of him dropping by at her department in front of her locker, and put in the latest game cd.

The post-credit is just him doing his effort, she also saw how he work hard setting up that area on the rooftop, shopping the bake goods and all little things he did for her. It shows another clip again, but it looks like an interview. He was at the gate? Exactly the place of her where she got on hold by the guard. What is he doing? Seol had a flashback of their first meeting and smile.  Then a voice that is also familiar with her, just shouted at him, sounds so far from him, he look away at the camera. It was Chen asking, “Why are you doing these to the both of you? When you can easily ask her out?”

Baekhyun is now singing the last part of the song, waiting for a perfect moment to catch up his answer on the video and walk down the stage.

There’s no guarantee, that this will be easy

It’s not miracle you need, believe me,

Now I’m no angel, I’m just me, but I will love you endlessly.

A good minutes have passed on the video, a perfect moment that the lyrics catch up with his answer to Chen’s question.  “Because she is worth having for.” Baekhyun walking slowly at her direction, Seol feels like crying----out of joy and happiness. She put her arms on her eyes to clear out the tears, thinking what did she do to deserve him? Her heart is crying out of joy and she really feel so happy.

There’s a shop down the street,

Where they sell plastic rings, for a quarter a piece I swear it.

Yeah, I know that it’s cheap not like gold in your dreams

He kneel down to her, took out a really cheap looking box, just like the lyrics says. It’s a plastic ring. Still holding his mic, keeping up with the song.

But I hope that you’ll still wear it.

Looking up to her, smiling so proud that the plan is another success, putting in the ring to her index finger, he stand up and hug her.

He said, “You like cheap things though.”

Seol just hug him so tight, putting her head on the crook of his neck, “You are killing me Baekhyun!” He laughs, “Did I do well?”

Seol is nodding like a baby, “I love you Seol, more than you ever think, more than what I showed you here just now.” He kissed her head, he feel crying too, but the feelings of being so happy is so overwhelming.

She really cried, he felt that his shoulder is getting wet, “Thank you so much Baekhyun, and I love you too, more than the Biochemistry,” He laughs and lifted her walking on circle, “I love you so much. Thank you for this unexpectedly casting me on your movie.” She tightly hugged him.

Then a voice interrupted, “You guys are killing me too.” It was Chen holding a camcorder just beside the aisle of the cinema.

Baekhyun put her down, “Did you record it?”

Chen nodded on annoyance, “For the tenth time baekhyun, yes I did!” Seol walk up to her and hug him too, saying her gratitude for him. “Don’t thank me yet, Seol. Baekhyun actually owes me a lot.”

Baekhyun shake his head and take the camcorder, “Your date is on the dinner already, waiting for you.” Chen already get out of the cinema so fast.

They both laugh because he almost sprint out of the hall.

Baekhyun look at her side, palm out for a hi-five, “Endlessly?”

Seol smiles and do the hi-five, putting her hand on a fist, “I will love you, Endlessly.” Baekhyun bump his fist too and the cinema is full of hearty laughs coming from them.

-FINAL-

----------

next chapter would be the playlist!