Chapter 8

Unexpectedly In Love

Months have been passed for both Baekhyun and Seol, they are both busy with their respective student responsibilities. To tell the truth, Seol feels so distance with him, they got no communication since that celebration of passing the internship qualification, things got so busy with her, it is like the hospital is her second home she spent the half of the day on the laboratory and among the fifty interns she had the worst of shift-in schedule, she had to adjust at the review center for the upcoming board exam and she had to attend one classes at the Uni.

Baekhyun is also busy with filming, preparation for the last production of his college life. Aside from that he also started working part time at some coffee shop so he could support the production. He also needs to comply the on-site training, He is part of the production team that has been worked with big names before and he is learning a lot to them.

He miss hanging out with someone but scared to call her because he might be a burden. Sighing for the nth time he decided to call after so many times debating with himself and being so undecided is so unlike him. Even calling makes him nervous now. He keeps making moves on his feet.

He gasps when she accept the call after three rings, “Hello?” he sighs when the voice is not familiar with him it means it’s not her, it even has a deep voice, he is keeping his cool, ”Is Seol are available to talk now?”

The other party dropped something, “Ah, well…she trust me to answer the upcoming call, she told me that she will not be available until…later three am, that’s when her shift done for today. Would you like me to say something when she get back?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes on annoyance, “No…I…I will just call later. Thank you.” He hang up the phone without letting the other party say anything. He sighs…so all of his nervousness that eating the inside of him for the whole day just went to nothing? She even trust her phone to a male colleague when it even takes him a long time to put his number to it? He meant that he knows how hard she protect her trust and he is grateful that she trust him that much…but why does that guy say that thing first of all. All he wants to know if Seol are free to call now.

“I shouldn’t be thinking like this…maybe she has reason why it ended like that.”

He is just upset how the things ended up like nothing at all. Baekhyun is tired and he just want to make a call for someone who can make up his day after almost two months without communicating except for a message that get replied after three days and it lead to this?

He doesn’t even go home yet, he had to stay at the site. He makes the call on break hoping that it will save his day but nothing at all.  

“Hey Baekhyun! The director said it’s a wrap! Want to grab a drink?”

Instead of going home right away, he goes to bar with his colleague to drink the tired soul away and forgot to call her.

 

Meanwhile, Seol is so busy running back and forth through the ER and Laboratory department.

“Seol! Dr. Shim is waiting for you at the ER.”

Tired and all but she run anyways. She tiredly sprint off with the thought why all of the time she get shift in it is always in the ER?

“Where are the other interns now?!” She cringe when a shout penetrates to the whole ER facility, she run faster and get in line with the other interns.

“Ms. Kim! Get your here faster! Why are you walking like in paradise?”

“I’m so sorry doctor! I’m just arriving from the laboratory department after processing a sample---“

“I don’t need your sorry, if you just take that one call from me then we can just get done with more work for today right?”

Seol looks down and bite her lips.

“I know you are all interns, but it isn’t common sense to know what the ER means right? It is a big responsibilities for all of you to take all the time and seconds as a golden time, we need to act on fast and accurate action, but if you are all is like this Ms. Kim that takes a long time to process a sample then strive hard.”

Seol just sighed, tears forming at her eyes but she controlled her emotion. She can’t breakdown right here it would make her look pity.

“Now I just get a call that we will get a group of patients arriving on five minutes with minor injury, that’s what you will learn right now. Get ready.”

After she said that and walk out, all of the interns look at her, that look that she hates. Seol just get into work. She was tired as hell doing her very best and all she got is scold? In front of other interns at that? Can this day get worse?

That make her wonder about her decision on her life. But she have no time to think because a bunch of teenager makes the ER busy again. She get into work anyways.

“It hurts!” Seol roll her eyes, “Kiddo, this is just a betadine, it isn’t even sting.” The boy reminded him of someone named Baekhyun. She shook her head and smile a little.

“You look pretty.”

“Well. Thank you! Here it is done, next time be careful!”

Seol felt happy for a little time, thanks to that kid. After spending hours at work, she finally get out of hell. It makes her sentimental. The day just went so bad with her that she can’t move on easily.

She feels how the words cut like a knife to her memories, she doesn’t have to do today except for working hard and this is the gain she’d get? The scolding earlier got her on the bad side of the other intern as well so she is basically alone.

A phone call makes her thought pop out like a bubble,” Hello Ms. Kim? This is the bar owner and baekhyun wants to make a call with you, you want to come over?” it also wonder her that baekhyun is drinking, but she goes over right after her shift ended.

After arriving at a lonely sight looking bar. She see him right away at the entrance. He is alone at a table, talking gibberish and taking a look at his phone. She get informed the owner too.

“Hey…Baekhyun. What are you doing here alone?”

He looks up at her with knitting eyebrows, pouting his lips and his index finger is pointing at her face, “Oh…It’s you Seol!” he even bowed his head and eventually hurt his head, “What is this table doing this to me?” and slapped the table hard.

Seol just laughed and take his hand that hurts him, messaging it. “You will hurt yourself like this baek. Let’s go home.” She work hard to make him stand up but he is just like a kid sulking at the sofa.

 

“What are you doing here Seol? I hate you, you didn’t take my call” The way he talk sounded like gibberish and he looks upset. Seol feel annoyed hearing that from him, but since he is drunk she try to compose herself.

“What? I didn’t know you called, let’s just talk this tomorrow when you are sober.”

He sighs and take his arms over his chest. Seol finally sit down beside him, she cringe when the smell of alcohol is just sitting at his comfort. But also amaze her how he is not acting like a drunkard she expect. He is conscious of himself and his environment, and that is just one of the nice behavior she learned from a drunk baekhyun.

Seol said, “I’m already tired baekhyun and I can’t take this behavior of you at the moment. Let us go home okay?”

“I’m upset at you.” Seol look at him, “Really now baek? I’m upset at myself too! And this I will got from you?” She can’t believe they are fighting for no reason.

Baekhyun look like going to cry and finally hug her at the side, it feels so uncomfortable for him so he carried her and put her on his lap. Seol is so shocked to be at the situation, they have never intimates an action like this for how many months they have been friends. She needed a moment right now to adjust.

However, he hug her tight to know how he missed her so bad and he need this. She felt her clothes got wet on the middle of her chest. Baekhyun is crying, “What…Why are you crying baekhyun? Had a bad day?”

She just felt a hug goes tighter and it feels longing, she sighs and hug him back, “I…had a bad day…and…I just missed you…so bad.” She heard him say. It make her awkward and the words he said make her confuse.

She broke the hug and stand up, “Let’s go home baekhyun… you are drunk and we need to sleep.”

Baekhyun who is just seating comfortably and look at her blinking his eyes to stop him from getting sleepy, he might not got to sleep if this feelings inside of him takes longer than two months of not seeing her, he can’t take this moment to swept out right in front of him.

He is so determined and his hopeful heart will going to win her heart even if she going to avoid him after saying this, “I’m maybe drunk to you, but I’m conscious of myself Seol…” he stops for a moment to breath, “You have been an amazing friend to me….and I missed you for the two months we failed to see each other…and” He look at her intensely, and exhale. “Seol, I like you.”

Seol who have unreadable expression, “I…I don’t even deserve you Baekhyun,”

He stand up and walk to her, “You deserve all of me. I will make it through.” And pass out in front of her, but at least Seol got him right away.

--------

Here! just like what i promise you! I will try to writes more because it will be exam week, next week! i have to study > < 

Well then, Baekhyun will see you on the next chapter with his confident! you can anticipate him!