Chapter 6

Unexpectedly In Love

 

As soon as Baekhyun saw someone on white uniform, relief comes over when they did bring a wheelchair, “Thank you very much for your help.” The nurse nodded and help Seol to stand up, He also help him to transfer her to the wheelchair.

He watched them to go, but he notice how Seol is so uncomfortable. “Wait up!” Baekhyun took off his jacket to put it on her lap and neatly put the cap on her head where nobody can see her face. “I will go right after you. Don’t worry.” He ask for a favor to use the back gate of the university so they can avoid the huge crowd.

He also wants to go with them but he needs to fix this as soon as possible. After helping the others to clean up. He goes right at the studio and thanks the heaven when he saw Inho sitting alone, “Inho, is everything okay with you?” Inho is not saying anything so, “You can tell me anything, I will try my best to help you. You know that.”

Inho finally let out a sighs, it feels so heavy. “I’m so sorry Hyung…It’s just that I had a bad day yesterday and It’s keep eating the inside of me that I didn’t notice how insensitive of me to ruin the filming.” Baekhyun feels sadder when he just said that on his low head with his hand grip hard on the hem of his shirt.

He lift his chin and pat his head on gentle manner, “It’s okay Inho, I accept your apologies, you don’t need to feel guilty anything at all and I am sorry too that you had to hear that from me when everyone is there. I admit that I got mad and its jut got into you when you didn’t deserve to hear that, especially coming from me.”

“Hyung…I’m so sorry.” Baekhyun nodded and give him a pat on shoulder, “I know you can overcome yourself, I trust that you can do anything.” He stand up, “You can now go home, be safe and text me when you have arrived home okay?” Inho nodded.

“You aren’t going home yet?” He shook his head, “Not yet, I had to stop by at the clinic, someone future doctor borrowed my cap and jacket.”

Inho smiled at the statement, and said “Hyung I just want to say I don’t purposely push her so harsh, but I am sorry for what happened to her, I hope for fast recovery.”

“I will rely it on her. Be careful on your way home.” They bid the goodbyes, Baekhyun felt a huge burdened just lifted on his shoulder.

He goes on to the clinic with their things. Once he arrived he softly knock to the door and he saw that nurse earlier.

“Hi…how is she?” he sit on the vacant seat. “The doctor already consulted her earlier, and she can take the x-ray test if the pain didn’t subsided…The doctor will go check her again before you go home.”

“You can find her just on the right side.”

Baekhyun simply thank him, and he saw her there sleeping so peacefully, she also seems a light sleeper that she already notice him. “Oh, you are already here.” Baekhyun radiates a smile, “you are expecting me right?” She scoff, “My things are with you mister.” And pointed at the bag on his right hand.

He walk towards her and put the bag on the table, “Are you okay?” Seol nodded “yes…I sleep really well.”

“I mean your pelvis, you really think I would ask the obvious, you sleep like a queen.” Baekhyun shook his head, he can’t believe she just said that, what a random girl. Seol laughs,” I did sleep well, you happened to have a big step for me to wake up ”

He keep quiet, just staring at her, “I am really fine now, thank you for what you did back there.”

“This is what friends are for.”

Seol smiled at him offering her hands on a fist, obviously asking for a fist bump. Baekhyun laughs and bump his hand too.

“Anyway, Inho said sorry for the accident back there, he said he didn’t meant to do harm to you.” Seol nodded and seat up, “He really didn’t do anything bad…it is just me who fall real hard...I slightly twisted my ankle and then I got on a bad fall on my pelvis, that’s why I feel bad when I saw you talking to him. You look mad.”

Baekhyun feels guilty, why is he so obvious? “Oh we already settled that.” Seol nodded, “I feel bad for him…he really don’t look okay back there.”

He is so determined to regain her trust, “I talk to him, and I was right that there was personal problem so I did my best to help him, although he didn’t say what the problem is, which I respect and I also admitted for my wrongdoing too.”

He look at her and there is really something between their stares when Seol patted him on his head and said," You are a good person baekhyun.” and it took a lot of power of him not to say that he like her whenever she always say something like this, It moves a lot of feelings.

He know all of his plans but he don't know when will this end. He is suddenly scared to say anything about his feelings, what ifs. He wasn’t so sure.

A knock interrupted them and It’s suddenly awkward, “Oh…Miss Kim, you are awake. Are you okay now?” the doctor from the clinic check her again. Seol nodded, “yes I am now fine.” He also check the left ankle.

“You know the purpose of rice term about the ankle injury right?” She nodded, the doctor is the professor that handle one of major subject, that’s why she is comfortable. “It’s a good thing that tomorrow is weekend, you can rest at your own comfort. Alright, it seems that you have your company, you can go home.”

The doctor look at him,” do you drive?” Baekhyun nodded, “ah, yes I will drive her home.” He feel to say that to him for no reason at all.

“Take care of yourself Miss Kim.” The doctor said before he left. The two of them just left on the room awkwardly.

Baekhyun break the silence, “Can you wait? I will just get my car on the parking lot.”

Seol think it is too much, she didn’t want to burden him anymore, “Wait…isn’t that too hassle for you? I will just walk.” She tries to stand up on the ground, she still can manage it, “let’s go.”

He help her walk throughout the clinic, “You can’t even walk properly tsk.” They stop by at a bench just outside the clinic and he put the jacket on her shoulder, the night is cold. “Just sit here and wait for me, I’ll be right back.” He walk out and go to parking lot.

Seol waited him with a lot of thought, about him. Like how can someone be sincere like him...some of the guy don't do things like him. What this man can't ever do?

Seol feel excited when the rain pours lightly, "Oh...it’s raining..." she began to appreciate everything, the silence, the sound of rain and the smell of it. Baekhyun saw that she has the most beautiful smile, the girl must be forgot that she have injury and just stand up like it’s nothing. She even did a little swirl with the jacket. He laughs, too cute! He don’t know he was on trouble.

He give a signal to her and run off from the car. "Let's go home?" He also pick up the bags. "You don't have umbrella?"

"Nope. I don't even have it on my car." Seol look at him and put the jacket on their head. Baekhyun had the glimpse of her smile. “Let’s run?” together they ran and he hurriedly open the door on shotgun seat for her and get in the driver seat too.

“We got wet by rain! Ah, that kdrama I have watch are not accurate at all.”  Baekhyun look at her and laugh, what is this girl! It’s so funny!

“What? You actually believe them?” Baekhyun handed her the towel.

Seol is laughing so hard too, “Of course not! I made you laugh! I am funny right?” he keep smiling and all, “You are a whole new world Seol.” He started the engine and drove off the university.

They had a lot of funny stories, Seol share a story of her when they had practical examination about the microscope, and she is keeping her eyes on the eyepiece, “I see nothing at all! I’m panicking that time, then when I see the questionnaire I just have to know which part of them...It’s so funny when I am not the only one who experienced that.”

Baekhyun keep laughing. “It’s so new for me to hear a story from a med student like you, I thought you guys are all serious.”

“Most of them are like that, well I can’t judge them because I understand the pressure. My life is already stressful I can’t keep up like that when I am dealing with the school too. I don’t want to come out like a cooked rice from cooking machine.” Baekhyun is confused. “What do you mean?”

Seol is already smiling, “of course from pressure cooker!”

Baekhyun gets the joke but he ask instead, “What?” She pouted, “I can’t believe I have to explain this to you, I thought we share the same brain cell.” He is trying hard not to laugh because he is driving after all, on a wide highway at that.

She added,” My friend call me rice because I have a fair skin, she said that if my life is all pressure, then they are not surprised if someday I will be rice at my next life.”

He then laugh so hard and keep slapping the handle, Seol roll her eyes “I can’t believe you Baekhyun! You get the joke right?”  He nodded, “of course! I just want to know why rice though, that’s a nice one Seol!”

The drive is not boring at all, “Baekhyun! You can drive me off right there.” He look confused when they arrived at an alley, he doesn’t see any houses, “I don’t see houses nearby, don’t pull any joke Seol is it’s still early at night.”

“There’s a subdivision when you walk a meter, I can just get off here.” She took off the belt, “Wait you walk at this dark alley?” She nodded, “I’m safe though! I have friends at the guardhouse too.”

Baekhyun is not sure at all. “No this can’t do. I will drive you off right at your house. Put on your seatbelt.”

“It is steep road though, is that okay for you?”

They drive off to subdivision, they got questioned at the guardhouse, “Hello! It’s me rice seol!” If it isn’t for her they will get so many questions right now. “I will just say you the direction.”

He observed the environment, although it is pretty strict but it is not nice to walk here at night, the post light is not that develop. “You walk here even at night?” Seol nodded, “Yes, I like walking because I get to set my mind off and exercise too! You can turn right after this street.”

Baekhyun turned off the engine when they reached her house, it have the countryside vibes because it was literally on mountain and there is so many trees. They got the best view of city light. “I know it was nice at all but don’t you try to walk here at night, okay?”Seol nodded.

“Okay mom!”

Seol think he doesn't buy the joke, “Yes baekhyun, I get it.” They just stood here just seeing the view of city light under the cold night.

It take a lot of time to appreciate the view and Seol did a bow to show how is she thankful for him, "Thank you for everything you did for me Baekhyun.”

He nodded, “You are welcome, and you have me to drive you home.”

Seol feels so overwhelmed, Out of all she considered as friends she doesn’t get any compliment like this, it was really a big deal for her. So this was like when you have someone that care for you.

“Take care on your way home.”

 

-----

Hi!! here is the new chapter! I'm so sorry for the delay! I need some time to work on the future chapter of this. I write this AU with just a few of draft that's why it took me so long to update. I will work harder! 

Well then, I will see you at the next chapter!!