Chapter 7: Ski Resort

7 Days

 

 

SUNDAY

 

You walked towards the entrance of the ski resort and saw your friends waving at you, so you ran towards them.

 

"I like your jacket, Y/N!" your friend Irene said.

 

"I thought you will forget the dress code" you rolled your eyes towards your other friend, Jennie.

 

You decided to keep from her that you actually forgot about the color until you realized it when you wore the purple jacket this morning and you mentally thanked the guy yesterday.

 

"H-hey!" you pouted and Jennie giggled.

 

"Let's go, girls! I can't wait to try skiing and snowboarding!" Irene held yours and Jennie's hands then dragged you both inside.

 

"Just so you know, this will be my first time trying this," you said.

 

"Don't worry! I will teach you!" Irene said and proceeded to the rental station for skiboards.

 

After a few minutes, you and your friends were ready headed outside. There are not many people and that makes you happy. "Let's ride the lift so we can start skiing!" Jennie dragged you and Irene towards the queue. After you all arrived at the top of the mountain, Irene and Jennie taught you how to ski, it took you a long time to do it right, it's not perfect but at least you can do it on your own.

 

"This is so fun!" you held the poles one more time and slid until you reached the bottom of the mountain, slowly, but fun. You had so much fun that you repeatedly do it again with your friends and after many times of trying, you finally get hang on it. However, as you are sliding down with your friends you begin to feel uncomfortable. "Hey, I'll catch up with you guys, I just need to adjust my gear," you told your friends.

 

"Alright, see you at the bottom!" Jennie said and proceeds to go down with Irene.

 

You slowly stopped, then walked on the side to adjust your snowboard. Suddenly, you heard screaming in a distance. You looked around and saw a man going fast down, and before you could even react, you flew on the ground. Your body aches by the sudden impact. You could hear groans beside you. Your surroundings feel to spin fast, as you feel dizzy. You could hear voices coming closer until you saw a glimpse of a person lying beside you, and before you could even speak you out.

 

 

 

 

On the other hand, as soon as the guy crashed on you, he slipped down and immediately felt a backache. He groaned in pain and tried to sit up. He glanced on his side and saw a woman laying down on the snow.

 

"Sht!" he crawled towards her, disregarding his pain. "M-miss, are you alright?" he yelled as he panicked, but her eyes were already closed. He puts her head on his lap as he hugs her.

 

He didn't even realize that his friends were already there with him as he just focused on the woman on his arms. Later on, the ambulance came, and he insisted on coming along. As he paces back and forth outside the emergency room, he didn't stop blaming himself thinking he hurt someone.

 

"Hey, everything's going to be alright," his friend consoled but it didn't help him, instead it makes him panic even more.

 

After a long time of waiting, the doctor finally came out, and the guy immediately poured him tons of questions.

 

"She's alright now, she will just have to be admitted until tomorrow," the doctor said and the guy thanked him. He became a bit relieved but the worry is still there.

 

He walks towards where the woman is lying down and slowly sits on the chair beside the bed. He gently brushed his hand through her hair and muttered, "Sorry, miss. I was careless." he stayed there for a long time until one of his friends approached him.

 

"Hey, her friends are coming, and there are a lot of people coming here, people might see you,"

 

"But I can't leave her," he said as his eyes never left hers.

 

"Don't worry, I'm sure her friends will take care of her. Let's go,"

 

The guy sighed and held her hands tightly and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry again," he stood up and left the room. He then went to the doctor and left a note.

 

"Please give this to her, as soon as she wakes up. Thank You," he said and left the hospital.

 

 

 

 

You slowly opened your eyes and immediately heard the voices of your friends.

 

"Y/N?!"

 

"Oh My God! You're awake!"

 

You forced yourself to sit up and glanced at your friends. "What happened?"

 

"You got knocked out by someone on the ski resort last night! Don't you remember?"

 

Something then flashed before your eyes, and you recalled what happened to you. "Yeah, I remember. A guy on a snowboard crashed on me while I was adjusting my gear. Wait, was he the one who brought me here?"

 

"Yeah, but he left before we could even meet him. I can't believe that guy left! He should be responsible for this!" Jennie screamed madly but Jisoo calmed her down.

 

Suddenly, the doctor walked in and approached you. "How are you feeling, Y/N?"

 

"I'm fine. I just feel a bit dizzy."

 

The doctor smiled and said, "Don't worry, nothing serious happened to you. You just passed out due to the impact but you're ok. You are now allowed to be discharged, and by the way, the guy you were with here last night already paid for your bills and he wants me to give this note to you" he handed you the note then bid farewell.

 

You are confused but read the note anyways.

 

"I'm very sorry for hurting you. I was careless and didn't pay attention to where I was going. I am taking responsibility for what happened to you and I will reflect on myself so that I can be more careful next time. I'm also sorry for leaving before you could wake up but due to some circumstances, I need to leave early. I don't know if the doctor already told you, but I will tell you as well, I will pay for your hospital bills and any medical expenses that you may need as this is the least that I can do. If I ever meet you again, I will apologize to you personally."

 

"What the heck? Did he just ditch you after he hurt you!" You heard Jennie complain.

 

"He didn't. He just had to leave but still, he took responsibility to Y/N." Jisoo said.

 

"He should be here apologizing personally! Does he think paying for the hospital bill is enough? Y/N can pay for hers! How could he be so ignorant!" Jennie hissed but Jisoo just tried to calm her down again.

 

"Hey! I'm alright. I'm sure he has a valid reason on why he left, and at least he accompanied me here at the hospital and apologized and paid for the bills. That's fine with me." you smiled towards your friends and seeing you smile made your two friends relieved.

 

But deep inside you wonders if there will be a chance for you to meet that person. Who knows maybe in the future you two might pass by each other but you are unaware of it. You are curious about that person.

 

"Hey, Y/N. We are just wondering if you are still coming with us to the BTS concert next week?"

 

You immediately looked back to your friends. "Of course!" you unintentionally raised your voice causing your friends to burst into laughter, and you joined them.

 

 

 

---

XOXO