Chapter 2: Umbrella

7 Days

 

Tuesday

 

You halted at the entrance of the apartment building. You looked up at the grey sky. A startling low rumble rang loud making you jump. Opening the umbrella that was given to you by your aunt, you walked out. You silently cursed yourself for not checking the forecast in the morning before going out.

You hate the rain.

Clutching the umbrella tightly, you walk towards your destination. Suddenly, you heard footsteps behind you. Someone must be running through the rain. It keeps getting closer until an arm swung around your shoulder. You almost fell in front but the grip was tight, almost hugging you preventing you from falling. Your eyes widened by what just happened.

“Sorry,” you heard him muttered.

You feel him squeezing himself at you, making your bodies squashed together, just to make sure he is being covered by your umbrella.

“May I ask where you are going?” you heard him say, while still gripping on your shoulder.

“To the bus station,” you said and looked at him.

You were taken back when he was also staring at you, with his face close to yours. Even though he is wearing a mask, and covered his head with his hoodie, you can still see him smiling due to his cheeks.

“Then, can I walk with you, until there? I don’t want my clothes to get wet, or else I will be in trouble,” he said in a low voice.

There’s something familiar with his voice, but you aren’t sure where you heard it. Seems like he isn’t going to leave you alone, you nodded slowly. You two walked quietly in the rain. Another loud rumble rang and you flinched.

“You scared of the thunder?” he asked.

“No. I just got startled”

He then took the umbrella from you and hold it instead. You glanced at him, but he just winked at you. You don’t know why your cheeks suddenly feel warm, so you immediately looked away. You heard him chuckled.

“Since we will walk for a bit longer, why don’t we chat. You know, to avoid awkwardness?” You nodded.

“So what’s your name?”

“[Y/N]. You?” you glanced at him and he seems hesitating.

“Jay,” he looked at you and smile.

“Are you a student?”

“Medical Student”

He stopped walking, so did you. “Wow! You must be smart! It’s my first time meeting a person who wants to be a doctor!” he said while being enthusiastic.

You smiled and said, “What about you?”

You both continue walking. “I dance.”

“That’s cool.”

“Yeah. I like making my fans happ-” he stopped talking and his eyes widened.

“Fans? You must be famous at your school.”

“Y-yeah. Kinda,” he said and you both laugh.

You felt comfortable with Jay even though you only met him in less than an hour. He is nice and sometimes makes jokes in between of your conversation. The two of you talked for a bit more not realizing you already arrived at the bus stop.

“Oh, here we are. Thanks for letting me join you,” he said and handed you back the umbrella.

You looked at him and smiled. “You’re welcome.”

He looked around then at his wrist clock. “What time is the bus coming?”

You checked your phone and said, “It should be here in about 5 minutes.”

“Really? Then I should wait for you before I go.”

“Wait, you’re not riding the bus?”

“No. I am going somewhere near this area. Come here and sit beside me!” he held your hand and sit on the bench.

You awkwardly sit next to him, while he is still holding your hands. You glanced at your intertwined hands, slowly trying to take your hands off, but he suddenly gripped it tightly making you looked at him.

“It’s cold.” he smiled at you.

You looked away, trying hard to cover your blushing cheeks. Your heart suddenly pounding fast and you feel a fluttery sensation in your stomach. You both just sit there quietly until the bus came. He stood up, making you stand up as well. He stared at you and let go of your hand.

“Thank you, Jay, for accompanying me,” you said and smiled. You went inside the bus, but you took one more glanced at him and waved your hand.

He nodded and waved his hands. He watched you ride the bus and waited until it left before he walks away. He crossed the street and walked towards a building.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh? You’re back! The trainees are waiting for you already. But hey, don’t be too hard on them, alright!” a man laughed and patted Jay’s shoulder before they both walked into a room.

 

---

 

Who is he?

hmmmm...

XOXO :)