Chapter 3

Jenlous [Jensoo fanfic]

Jisoo went to her room and closed the door quietly. As soon as the door shut, she slunk to the floor, hugging her knees.

What’s going on? What did I do wrong? Jisoo thought, trying to supress the tears from coming out.

All of a sudden, the door of her room clicked open.

Oh crap! I forgot to lock the door!

But Jisoo felt a bit relieved to see the person standing behind the door. It was Lisa. She looked surprised to see Jisoo curled up on the floor but she entered the room anyway, shutting the door behind her silently.

‘What are you doing on the floor?’ Lisa asked, bending down and picking Jisoo of the ground and placing her on her bed.

‘I’m confused…’ Jisoo muttered, scrunching her eyes up.

‘Confused about what?’ Lisa asked, sitting down next to her.

‘Confused about Jennie. And her jealous like attitude all of a sudden towards me.’ Jisoo said.

Lisa nodded.

‘So that’s why you asked about that whole Jennie jealous thing…’

She gave Jisoo a hug and her hair, which comforted Jisoo.

‘I dunno…it feels wrong to say it out aloud but…’

‘But what?’ Lisa asked, curious all of a sudden.

‘Well, I just, lately I’ve been having weird thoughts…and…is it possible that, Jennie might…like me?’ she said, whispering the last bit.

Lisa thought for a moment.

‘Well who wouldn’t like you? You’re beautiful, you’re smart, you can sing, you can dance…’ She said.

‘So are you saying that Jennie does like me?’ Jisoo asked, a flush spreading over her cheeks.

‘Well, I dunno about that...but she might! I mean, she is being all jealous isn’t she?’

Jisoo nodded, not quite catching on with what Lisa was hinting at.

‘I have a plan.’ Lisa said, with a playful smirk. ‘If we manage to make her jealous enough, she might just confess to you and we’ll be able to see what exactly her feelings to you are! Aren’t I a smart maknae?’

Jisoo felt a bit unsure about the plan, but agreed anyways. I really do wonder how Jennie feels towards me…I’ve never really thought much about it…I always thought she was just in a bad mood…Damn, this is really new for me!

The next day, Lisa put the plan into action as soon as she saw Jennie and Jisoo in the same room.

‘Morning Unnie!!!’ she exclaimed, throwing her arms around Jisoo and giving her a kiss on the cheek. As she did so, Lisa snuck a glance at Jennie, who sure enough, rolled her eyes and pouted. Lisa smiled slyly to herself.

Jealous Jennie is too obvious.

Jisoo playfully pushed Lisa away, but Lisa hugged her again. As she did so, she whispered into her ear.

‘For this plan to work, you gotta act like you’re IN LOVE WITH ME.’

Jisoo almost fell over.

‘Oh, do I have to?’

Lisa broke away and gave her a stern look, which made Jisoo sigh in defeat.

‘Good morning to you too bae.’ She said, emphasising the word “bae”.

She quickly snuck a glance at Jennie and noticed she looked a bit…upset? Jisoo couldn’t quite describe the look, but she didn’t like it.

Oh goodness…have I gone over the top with calling Lisa “bae”? I don’t think I’ve ever called anyone that before…I sorta wanted Jennie to be the first person to use that word with…wAIT WHAT?! Why on earth would I want to call her that?! What the…Oh Jisoo, you gotta get more sleep…

Jennie stood up and pulled Jisoo away from Lisa, which surprised both of them.

‘Why didn’t you hug me?’ she asked, but she wasn’t looking at Jisoo. She was looking at Lisa, but she had slipped her hand into Jisoo’s hand. Jisoo gave her hand a small squeeze, which caused Jennie to glance at her for a second.

‘Oh! Does Jennie also want a hug?’ Lisa asked in a funny voice. Then she noticed that Jennie was holding onto Jisoo’s hand, and she grinned to herself. She reached out and pulled Jisoo away from Jennie. ‘No, I only want to hug Jisoo Unnie.’ She said.

Jisoo looked astonished to hear Lisa say that, but Lisa paid no attention to that. She was only focused on Jennie’s reaction…which wasn’t much to talk about. She just frowned a little, glanced at Jisoo, and then left the room.

‘What was that for?’ Jisoo asked, once Jennie was gone.

‘What was what for?’ Lisa asked.

‘The whole “I only want to hug Jisoo Unnie” thing. That was really not necessary…and I think this is really testing our friendship…Lisa, this really isn’t the best idea.’ Jisoo said, folding her arms.

‘Hey hey, calm down. Didn’t you notice how Jennie reacted when I hugged you like that?’

‘Yeah, she looked somewhat upset.’ Jisoo deadpanned.

‘Upset? She seemed more jealous than upset. I could just tell from her eyes that she wanted to peel me off you and kick me over the moon.’

‘So what you’re trying to say is…she may actually like me as more than…a friend?’ Jisoo asked, stuttering.

Lisa nodded.

‘I dunno why but…it’s just – her feeling this way about me…it seems a bit…wrong? I mean…it just sounds so weird…’ Jisoo said.

‘How’s it wrong? I think it’s normal…I mean, who wouldn’t fall for someone like you?’

‘Wait a second…does that mean you like me as well?!’ Jisoo exclaimed.

Lisa shook her head so vigorously, she messed up her bangs.

‘No no no. You’re a great friend, but I’ve never thought of you as anything else…and besides, I already lik – wait, why am I telling y – never mind…’ Lisa said, suddenly looking a bit flustered.

Jisoo noticed and eyed her suspiciously.

‘Are you not telling me something?’ she asked.

‘No no it’s nothing…’ Lisa’s blush seemed to be intensifying the more she denied.

Jisoo sighed.

‘Hey Lisa…if I tell you about my secret, will you tell me about yours?’ she asked.

Lisa looked a bit surprised, but then nodded afterwards.

‘Okay…’ she said quietly. ‘You go first.’

‘No you go first!’ Jisoo said, still feeling a bit unsure about her secret and if what she was feeling was genuine.

‘I asked first!’ Lisa protested.

‘Ok, fine…right…my secret is…’ Jisoo began and dropped her voice to a whisper. ‘I think I might have feelings for Jennie…’

A wide grin spread across Lisa’s face.

‘I knew it!’

‘Hey shush! Don’t tell anyone else, unless I give you permission to do so.’ Jisoo said, feeling her cheeks flare up. ‘Now you have to tell me your secret.’

Lisa glanced at the ground and then back up. She seemed a bit nervous.

‘Okay…here goes…my secret is…I like Rose.’

‘Wait, what?!’ Jisoo exclaimed. ‘Actually? I had no-idea!’

Lisa nodded, her face bright scarlet.

‘And…we’ve actually…we’ve actually been – um – going out for the past 3 months…’ Lisa said.

Jisoo almost fell over.

‘No way! Wow! Oh, I’m so HAPPY for you two!’ she exclaimed.

‘Shush! I don’t want the whole world to know!’ she hissed.

‘Oh sorry…but, everyone in this house already knows, don’t they? I mean, obviously Rose knows, and now I know as well…you’ve told Jennie, haven’t you?’ Jisoo asked.

‘Well, no…I haven’t…yet. But I’ll tell her once she confesses to you.’

‘Confess to me?!’

‘Yeah, isn’t it obvious? She clearly has some sort of feeling toward you, with all her jealousy, and for now, I’m sure she thinks that I have a crush on you. But if I tell her that I’m actually in a relationship with Rose, then the plan is ruined.’

‘I thought I said the plan was not a good idea…I’m trusting you, Lisa. You’d better not stuff up and ruin my chances and ruin our friendship as well. I’ll hate you and tell Dalgom to eat you for dinner. Got it?’ Jisoo said.

Lisa laughed and nodded.

‘Yeah yeah, I promise.’