Chapter 4our

Jenlous [Jensoo fanfic]

Chapter 4our

‘What do you mean there’s a flaw in my plan?’ Lisa asked.

It was the next day, and Jisoo had realised that Lisa’s plan had another problem with it.

‘Yes, there’s a flaw in it.’ Jisoo said. ‘If you’re gonna be all in love with me, then how do you exactly expect Rose to react? And you’re not allowed to let her in on the secret.’

‘Aw, why not? Rose would be the perfect person to have in the plan! She can be the one who tells Jennie about us! And, besides, I’m sure she’ll have nothing against my plan.’ Lisa said, sounding determined.

Jisoo thought to herself, thinking of whether or not to give Lisa a good shove out of the window.

‘I thought I told you to not to tell anyone. And you PROMISED, so you can’t break that, Lisa.’

‘Oh come on Jisoo Unnie! We shouldn’t be keeping secrets in this house anyway…’ Lisa protested.

Fine then, I’m leaving this house.’ Jisoo said, and got up. Lisa pulled her back onto the couch.

‘Gosh, i was kidding! You know what I mean…we shouldn’t be keeping secrets from each other, in our little group.’

‘Well you kept a secret from everyone.’ Jisoo said. ‘I had no-idea you and Rose were a thing, until you told me and said that it was a secret. So who’s keeping secrets then, huh?’

Lisa felt annoyed but decided not to keep going, otherwise they would have a full blown argument.

‘Ok, we’re not getting anywhere with this talk…listen, if you don’t want me to tell Rose, then I won’t…I’ll just have to be a little less touchy and only put on the act when Jennie is specifically in the room with you, Jisoo.’ Lisa said.

Jisoo sighed and after a long pause, she said, ‘Fine, you can tell Rose about this whole thing…I…I get what you said, we shouldn’t be keeping secrets from each other.’

Lisa gave Jisoo a sudden hug and squeezed her so tight, Jisoo thought her internal organs would pop out.

‘Hey, ok! Lisa – ahr – you’re holding too tightly!’ Jisoo said.

‘Oh sorry unnie.’ Lisa said, quickly letting go of the older girl. ‘Well I’m – uh – I’m gonna go tell Rose.’ She got up and then added in a whisper. ‘Quietly.’

 

Jisoo watched Lisa leave the room and once she was out of sight, she bolted to her room to find her dog. He was sitting on the bed, looking as if he was waiting for something. Jisoo leaped on the bed and gave her dog a hug.

‘You’re hungry, aren’t you?’

Dalgom nodded his head excitedly, almost as if he could perfectly understand what Jisoo was saying.

‘Well then, you should prepare because you’re most likely gonna have a lovely Lisa served up for your dinner.’ Jisoo said. ‘I can just sense the problems that are gonna rise with this stupid plan of hers…but the problem is…why on earth am I letting this all go ahead? Huh, I never even thought of that…is it…could it be because…I want her to be jealous?’

Jisoo looked at Dalgom who looked back even more intently. He was waiting for Jisoo to give him his dinner.

‘Aish, what am I thinking! I still don’t think I like Jennie in “that” way…even though I did tell Lisa that it was my so called “secret”…it’s not possible for me to like her as a crush…it must be the side effect of being single for so long, hehe. Oh come on Dalgom, stop looking at me like that. Let’s go get your food, and – no – your food won’t be Lisa. You wish.’

Dalgom didn’t understand a thing Jisoo had said, but followed her down the hall, glad he was finally getting to eat.

 

When Jisoo entered the kitchen, she saw Jennie standing at the stove, cooking something. And at that moment, a tasty smell flitted through the air.

‘Mm! What is that amazing smell?’ Jisoo asked, walking over to Jennie.

‘Just thought I’d make dinner….’ Jennie replied, not looking at Jisoo.

Jisoo frowned a little and went to get Dalgom’s food. As she was pouring his food into his bowl, she glanced at Jennie. Jennie was focused on the food and didn’t pay the slightest attention to Jisoo.

Why is she like this? Jisoo thought, feeling annoyed.

She was so busy looking at Jennie that she didn’t realise that the bowl was already full and it started to overfill, bits of dog food dropping onto the ground.

‘Crap!’ she muttered under her breath.

Dalgom, seeing the food on the ground, leapt at it eagerly, snapping it all up. Jisoo couldn’t help but grin at the sight of her dog jumping all over the place, trying to get the food. Dalgom always managed to make Jisoo happy, somehow, even when she was unhappy. Well…maybe cause he is a dog and most dogs have that effect on humans…anyway…

‘What happened?’ Jennie asked suddenly, kneeling down beside Jisoo.

‘Oh n-nothing. Just accidentally spilt some of Dalgom’s food. Luckily, he knows not to put food to waste, and he ate all the bits that fell on the floor.’

Jennie smiled, making Jisoo feel a bit less tense.

I do like it when she smiles…Jisoo thought, not realising that she was staring at Jennie.

Jennie blinked and raised an eyebrow.

‘Uhh…you okay unnie?’ Jennie asked, feeling her cheeks igniting with Jisoo staring at her so intently. She really is so gorgeous…

Jisoo looked away quickly, a flush creeping up her face.

‘Sorry…’ she said, glancing down and pretended to fuss over Dalgom, who finished his meal in a trice, and padded out of the room. It was like he knew what was happening and wanted to leave the girls by themselves. When Dalgom left, the awkwardness rose. In fact, it was so awkward that some person could’ve gone in that room and died from an acute attack of awkwardness.

‘Y-you should – uh - probably get back to your, um, cooking…’ Jisoo said.

‘Ah yes…I – um – should. Wouldn’t want to burn the house down, haha!’ Jennie joked, hoping the awkwardness would leave.

Jisoo gave a little laugh, which, obviously did not make the situation any less awkward. Dammit, I shouldn’t have laughed. That sounded too fake and now she must think I’m rude! She thought.

‘Hey, um, Jennie..? Is – um – everything alright? Is there something that you want to, maybe, talk about?’ Jisoo asked, hoping that this was the right moment to find out what really was going on inside Jennie’s head, and if Lisa was right.

Jennie seemed a bit flustered at the question, but she shook her head.

‘No, everything’s alright…why do you ask?’

‘No reason…just thought something was – uh – up, because you seemed a bit, I dunno, a bit mad lately…’ Jisoo stuttered.

‘Oh! Mad? Haha, I’m not angry…you know that sometimes I subconsciously have that kind of face on…I’m sorry if you thought I was mad at you or something…’ Jennie said, her eyes locked with Jisoo’s.

Jisoo felt herself gulp. They were really close to each other. They could feel the heat from each other’s faces. It was too close for comfort for Jisoo and she quickly stood up, soothing down her pants. Her heart was racing at an insane rate. What is going on in there?! She thought to herself.

Jennie got up as well and went back to her cooking.

‘Dinner will probably be ready in ‘bout half an hour’s time…’ she said.

‘Oh, ok…I’ll go – um – tell the others…’ Jisoo muttered, leaving the room quickly.

 

When she got out into the hallway, she let out a breath.

Damn! I think I DO have some sort of feeling toward Jennie…I mean, I’ve never felt like this before, with her…we’d always muck around together and be in much more closer contact, yet I wouldn’t feel like this and the atmosphere wasn’t as awkward! Gosh, now that I think about it…the last time I felt like this was back in high school, when that handsome as hell new guy came to school and swept all the girls off their feet. He had asked me to go on a date with him, but I knew my mum would never approve of him…well because he was a bit of a badass…and anyway, he turned out to be gay, which probably disappointed half of all the girls in the school…

She quickened her pace and went to Lisa’s room, trying to find her and Rose. But Lisa wasn’t there and Rose wasn’t in her room either. She went to the lounge room and checked every room in the house but still couldn’t find them. Huh, that’s weird…where are they?

She went outside to check if they went out of the dorm, but still had no luck.

‘Maybe they went out?’ she said to herself.

She went back inside and walked to her room. She shut the door behind her and called Lisa’s phone. She waited for a bit, but all she heard was the dial tone, and then it went to the message recording. Damn you Lisa! Can’t you ever pick up your stupid phone! Jisoo thought. She tried Rose’s number instead and waited again. This time, the phone was answered. There was a bit of scuffling noises and Jisoo couldn’t exactly hear what was happening.

‘Umm…hello? Chaeyoung? Rose? You okay there? Hello???’ Jisoo said.

There was a bit more inaudible noise until Rose spoke into her phone.

‘Oh, hey unnie! Sorry ‘bout that…Lisa’s just being a bit…’ her voice was drowned out again.

‘Wait is Lisa with you?’ Jisoo asked. ‘Hello? Rose, you still there?’

‘Yeah yeah, I’m here!’ came Roses voice once more. ‘Lisa’s just being a bit of a pain right n – ow! Lisa! Stop doing that! Ouchy ouch, no that actually HURTS! Stop!’

Jisoo drew the phone away from her ear, not quite sure what she was hearing.

What on earth are those 2 doing?

‘Is something happening with Lisa? Are you guys in an argument or something?’ Jisoo asked.

There was a bit more noise and Jisoo swore she heard some grunting sounds, which she hoped to god that it wasn’t what she thought it was. Then after a bit, there was silence.

‘Where are you guys? I’m going to go find you! Wait there!’ Jisoo said, sorta thinking that they were in trouble, but at the same time, thought that they might’ve been doing something else (if you know what I mean).

‘No no! It’s alright, nothing happened!’ Rose said, sounding a bit panicked. ‘Um, we’re gonna head back home now! Uh, no need to worry about us…we’re on our way!’

‘Huh? Oh, ok then…hang up now.’

Rose hung up, leaving Jisoo a bit shook from the phone call.

Now I want to feed both of them to Dalgom. I really do hope I did not just hear what I think I heard…