Chapter 9

Jenlous [Jensoo fanfic]

Chapter 9ine

 

A man.

 

A man was standing on the tall rocks that surrounded the carpark.

 

He wore a hoodie over his head, his hands jammed in his pockets. He had a scar running down from his eyebrows to the tip of his mouth. His hair was covered by the hoodie, but Jisoo and Jennie could both see the look in his eyes. It was a horrible, nasty look.

The kind of look that could only mean one thing.

TROUBLE.

 

Jennie instinctively backed away, and started back to the front of the building.

‘We should leave.’ She whispered to Jisoo, still tightly holding her hand.

Jisoo didn’t hesitate and they both quickly walked away. She snuck a look over her shoulder to see if the man had followed them, but she didn’t see anyone. They were about to enter the building from the front, when the same man from before suddenly appeared in front of them, blocking the door to the building. Jisoo felt the instinct to run, but if she did, the man would most likely catch her. But he couldn’t possibly do anything bad! Especially considering that they were all in broad daylight and standing in front of a busy building.

But she was wrong! The man suddenly lunged out to grab Jennie. Jisoo had a split second to decide what to do. Save herself. Or save Jennie. But before she could make up her mind, she found her hands around the man’s wrist, and then with an expert flick, she slammed him down to the ground. She shocked herself, Jennie, the man, and the other on-lookers who had seen what had just happened.

Wow! I didn’t think I could do something like that! I guess when it comes to someone harming the one person I love, I can do anything! She thought, immediately feeling more confident and powerful.

The man got up and brushed himself off.

‘Pretty good, huh.’ He muttered under his breath. He went to grab Jisoo this time, but she immediately responded by giving him two good blows to the chest and one down below…(if you know what “down below” means…). He dropped to the ground like a rock after Jisoo hit him in the “no no” area, cursing.

‘Do you not learn your lesson?’ Jisoo asked, bending down a little to look the man in the eyes.

By now, a large crowd had gathered around them, all with their phones out and taking photos and videos. Jennie realised how serious the situation would get if Jisoo continued to torment the man, so she grabbed her by the arm and led her through the crowd. Through the arms and heads, she could see a familiar car parked on the side of the road, with someone running out towards her. It was their manager! He quickly covered both girls, along with the help of another staff member and a bodyguard, and led them into the car.

As soon as the door of the car shut, and they drove off away from the chaos, Jisoo finally let out a breath that she had been holding in for much too long.

‘Are you guys alright?’ the manager asked.

‘Yes we’re alright.’ Jennie replied, giving Jisoo a knowing look. ‘Just a bit startled, that’s all.’

Jisoo still couldn’t believe that she had fought off such a strong looking man by herself. And it was all because of my love for Jennie. Oh that sounds a bit cringy and weird…thank god I’m thinking this all in my head…

Jennie reached out from her seat and held onto Jisoo’s hand. Jisoo turned to look at her, but Jennie fixed her glance outside her window. Jisoo smiled and curled her fingers so their hands were intertwined with each other, and they sat like that for the rest of the journey home.

 

Once they got back to their dorm and were safely inside, away from the outside, Lisa and Rose both piled their questions onto Jennie and Jisoo.

‘What happened?’

‘Are you guys ok?’

‘Who was that guy?’

Jisoo sat down on the couch and Jennie sat down next to her, still holding onto the older girl’s hand. She had not let go since they got back home, and Jisoo was beginning to feel her fingers cramp up. Jennie noticed that her hand seemed a bit tense, so she massaged Jisoo’s palm and fingers. As she did so, Lisa was looking intently at her, as if she was forming some sort of plan or something in her head.

‘We don’t know who that guy was.’ Jisoo said, answering their question. ‘He must’ve been drunk or on drugs or something. I’m sure he didn’t really intend to hurt us or anything…’

‘Yeah as if!’ Rose said. ‘He was clearly ready to kidnap or do something horrible to you guys. Luckily you, unnie, were able to react and completely sweep his feet off the floor.’

Jisoo gave a grateful smile. She felt quite brave for protecting Jennie like that, and she didn’t regret a single punch that she threw at the man.

‘I’m glad you two are safe though.’ Rose said, leaning in and hugging both girls.

Lisa joined in as well. She caught Jisoo’s eyes, and made a little signal with her eyes, which Jisoo understood as: Can we talk?

Jisoo gave a slight nod, and they both broke out of the hug. Lisa left the room, and Jisoo was about to as well, when she felt a tug on her arm. Jennie was holding onto her hand still, and she looked up at her with a face that Jisoo thought was the cutest thing she’d ever seen in the world.

‘Where you going?’ she asked.

‘I just need to go – uh – have a little talk with Lisa…’ Jisoo replied, not having the heart to make up an excuse.

Jennie seemed displeased at Jisoo’s reply, but let go of her hand. Jisoo quickly left the room, and went to Lisa’s room.

Lisa was standing in front of her mirror, doing some dance moves, when she turned to see Jisoo standing in her room.

‘You wanted to talk?’ Jisoo asked, not able to hide the surprise in her voice seeing the clean state of Lisa’s room.

Lisa nodded and sat down on the bed, gesturing for Jisoo to do so as well, which she did.

‘I’m – uh – sorry about before…I didn’t mean to sound mad or come off as rude or anything.’ She said. ‘It’s just that…the way you handle your love life…it’s a bit weird, and I just find it so…frustrating and annoying how you just can’t have some guts and just confess to her! She clearly has something for you! Do you not see how different she acts with you? It’s totally different to how she acts with me and Rose. Don’t take this as me sounding mean or anything, but, seriously Jisoo unnie, you’re the only one out of all of us who doesn’t see her feelings for you! For goodness sake, even our Blinks can tell she has something for you! Can you say something please? I feel like I’m talking to myself.’

Jisoo has stayed quite for the duration of Lisa’s talk. She secretly agreed with everything Lisa said. Is it true though? Am I the only one who can’t see her feelings for me?  She took a breath, and answered Lisa.

‘Well, first of all, I appreciate the apology, even though I don’t think you needed to apologise. After all, you are just trying to help, and I understand that I am very awkward when it comes to love and all that…so I don’t blame you for getting pissed at me.’

Lisa gave her a sudden hug, which startled Jisoo, but she hugged her back.

‘I think we should throw this whole thing out the window, set it alight, blow it up, then throw the ashes in the water.’ Lisa said, as they broke away from each other.

‘Are you sure?’ Jisoo asked. ‘I mean, it is your plan after all and…’

‘No, it’s fine. This whole thing – with you and Jennie – it’s got nothing to do with me…I’ll be happy with whatever option you choose to do with her. But, from now on, I’ll steer clear from your own personal business with her. You can decide what you want to with her.’ Lisa said, sounding so sincere that Jisoo thought that Lisa’s eyes were getting a bit moist.

‘Thank you Lisa.’ Jisoo said, hugging her again. ‘I’ll try my best and try and find the courage to confess to her sooner or later.’

Lisa smiled and gave her a pat on the shoulder.

‘Good luck. But I’m sure you won’t need it.’

‘Thanks Lisa. By the way, did you finally decide to clean your room? I was surprised when I walked in cause, for once, there was nothing blocking the door from opening!’ Jisoo said.

Lisa laughed.

‘Yeah I did. With Rose’s help, obviously. I sorta wanted to surprise you as well, show you that I’m not as messy as you think.’

‘Well you succeed.’ Jisoo said, grinning.

Lisa got off the bed and helped Jisoo off.

‘I know I said that I will stay out of your business with Jennie, but I honestly still can’t feeling excited for the moment you guys become a “thing”!’ Lisa said in a hushed whisper as they walked through the hallway.

Jisoo responded by giving Lisa a friendly shove, but smiled. Perhaps I should confess…she thought.

-----

That night, Jisoo thought it would be a good idea to take Jennie out to the beach, to have a light jog on the sand.

‘It’ll be a nice exercise for the two of us.’ Jisoo had said to Jennie.

Jisoo was surprised that Jennie didn’t ask why Lisa and Rose were not coming with them. She just went right along with the plan, and before long, the two girls were standing at the entrance of the beach, in the peaceful night.

Two bodyguards were with them, just in case anything happened like last time, but Jennie assured both of them that they would be fine by themselves. So the bodyguards left them to themselves, but, knowing that the girls would definitely not be fine by themselves in case of trouble, they hid in the shade of a thick tree, occasionally keeping any eye on the two girls who were now standing on the beach.

‘Tonight’s really pretty…’ Jennie said, gazing out at the water that was reflecting the moon and the stars.

Jisoo nodded in agreement.

‘Yeah, it is….so shall we go for a run?’

They headed off, running along the waves that gently lapped onto the sand. The tide had yet to come in, so the girls were safe, running on the beach. While they were jogging, Jisoo’s brain was doing the same.

I think now would be the perfect time to tell her my feeling for her…she thought, glancing over at Jennie. I should do it before we get all hot and sweaty from this running…

They stopped to rest for a bit, walking right up to where the waves met the sand, before walking back and sitting on the dry sand.

‘I’m a bit hot.’ Jennie said, ping her jumper.

You ARE hot. Jisoo thought, not realising that she was staring at Jennie.

Jennie turned and saw Jisoo staring at her.

‘You okay?’ she asked, waving her hand in front of Jisoo’s face.

Jisoo blinked and looked away, a dangerous flush creeping onto her cheeks.

‘S-sorry, I – um – just – uh – zoned out for a bit there…’ she said, wanting to jump into the water and disappear. Why do I always zone out when I’m looking at her? Now I just made the situation awkward! How on earth am I supposed to confess now!

Jennie didn’t seem to sense that Jisoo was feeling extremely awkward, and she slipped her hand into Jisoo’s. Jisoo instinctively squeezed her hand, for no particular reason, other than the fact that she had made up her mind. She was going to confess.

‘Hey, um, Jennie?’ she started, looking the younger girl in the eyes.

It was quite dark, so Jennie couldn’t see Jisoo’s bright red cheeks.

‘Hm? What’s the matter?’

‘I – um, I need to tell you something…’

‘Sure, what is it?’

‘Well, you see, uh, it’s something that I have been keeping to myself for a while now…and I really need to tell you about it…’

‘What’s wrong? Are you sick or something?’ Jennie asked, taking hold of Jisoo’s other hand, and looking as if Jisoo had just told her that she only had a few days to live.

‘No no! Nothing like that!’ Jisoo said hastily. ‘Um, it’s to do with something with else…you see…I have – um – a sort of…no that doesn’t make sense…what I’m trying to say is…I have – uh – I think I have feelings for someone…’ she said, finally getting to her point.

Jennie didn’t seem very surprised.

‘Do you? Who is it? I have a feeling I already know who it is, though.’

Jisoo panicked. ‘Uh, you do?? Um…who do you think it is?’

‘Isn’t it obvious?’ Jennie said, sounding a bit jealous. ‘It’s Lisa, isn’t it?’

Jisoo wanted to burst out laughing.

‘What’s the matter? Why are you smiling? Is it cause I guessed right?’ Jennie asked, sounding even more jealous and with a hint of anger in her voice.

Jisoo shook her head so hard, it could’ve fallen off and rolled into the ocean.

‘No, that’s ridiculous! I do like Lisa, but I only see her as a friend!’ she said.

‘Then if it’s not Lisa, then, who is it? Is it someone I know?’

Jisoo thought that it would be a good idea to let Jennie guess her way to the confession.

‘Yes.’ She replied. ‘You know this person quite well, actually.’

Jennie’s eyes widened.

‘I do? Oh gosh! That’s quite a few people…can you tell me what gender that person is?’

Jisoo shook her head.

‘No.’

‘Ahr…I’m not sure…it isn’t Nayeon, that’s highly unlikely, am I right?’

Jisoo nodded.

‘Hmm….then, I really don’t know. I’m sure it’s not Rose, and you already said it’s not Lisa, so I really don’t know!’

Jisoo smiled. Now’s the moment! Do it now!

‘Well if you really don’t know, then I guess I’ll have to tell you…’ she said, purposely talking slowly.

‘Yes please! I won’t tell anyone, trust me!’ Jennie said, sounding rather excited.

‘Ok, so the person I like…their last name starts with a “K”…’

‘Oh are we doing this now. This is sorta childish in my opinion, but okay. Starting with “K” huh?’

‘Yes. Their last name starts with a “K” and the last letter of their first name is an “E”.’

‘K and E…’ Jennie muttered. As she thought, she kept giving Jisoo small squeezes with her hand. ‘Any other clues?’

‘It seems like you’ll never guess the answer, so I’ll just tell you. The answer to the first clue was…”Kim”….’ Jisoo said, taking a deep breath as she said the next bit. ‘And the answer to the second clue was…’

‘Who?’ Jennie asked, on the brim of bursting from excitement.

 

‘…Jennie.’

 

Jennie took a few seconds to process what Jisoo had just told her.

‘Jennie? But that’s me!’ she exclaimed, after a pause.

Jisoo nodded, unable to tell if Jennie was happy or not.

‘Yes.’

She stood up and helped Jennie onto her feet, holding onto both of her hands, and looking directly into her eyes.

‘Jennie Kim, I like you, and I have had those feelings for a while now. I just haven’t really been able to embrace that feeling, because I never really thought too much about it. I always thought it was like a side effect of being single for so long. But, now, I know what I am feeling and I am completely sincere about them. You don’t need to tell me anything in return, whether or not you feel the same way as I do, but I just want you to know, that if you don’t feel the same way, I do hope we can still be friends.’

Jisoo stopped talking, her brain racing and her heart thumping hard.

 

Why isn’t she saying anything?

 

Why is she looking at me like that?

 

Does she not like me back??!!