episode 7

in a trance ♦ seven companies make one group ♦ chapter 3 is out!

 

 

   Another step

 

May 1, 2020

The seven girls sat in the conference room looking well rested, after being left on edge about the response to their performances a few days ago. Standing and bowing as the PR rep and her team walked in, smiling as she took a seat motioning the girls to sit as well. Sitting in their seats they watched as the team sat there in silence watching the girls.

"The response from the executives were good. They liked your adaptability to concepts, but like what Mingxia has been producing for you guys a bit more. With that, I have some pretty big news." She said, the girls leaning a little forward in intrest. "We will begin the process of starting your debut mini album." Chaemin smiled brightly, Hyejin covered as she nodded, Jaelin looked to Mingxia in shock whom nodded, Yayina nd Aika sharing a smile, Yebin smiling. "We want you all to participate in the album. Composing, producing, writing and even creating concepts for you guys. We are aiming for the end of 2020 for your debut, but if we see the need, we'll push it back further." 

The girls nodding enthusiastically, as the PR rep smiled at them all.

"You've worked very hard over the last year, and I can't wait to see where you girls go in the next two years."

"If our debut gets pushed back, will our contracts be extended?" Jaelin asked, nodding to Mingxia whom was probably thinking the same thing. 

 “Yes, you’re contracts will be extended and adjusted. On top of this we want you to prepare for a debut showcase. Of course, once a date is chosen it’ll be easier.” The girls nodded in understanding.

May 10, 2020

Aika and Hyejin looked at each other while standing in the kitchen. Smiling at each other before Hyejin clapped her hands together, scaring Yebin whom was sitting at the table behind them.

“Our dear Chaemin’s birthday is coming up, and due to us all being busy studying new things in the industry we thought we would celebrate a bit early all together.” Hyejin said, Yebin eating an apple behind them as she scrolled on her phone.

“Hyejinnie, isn’t that good at cooking and so here I am.” Anika said, Yebin laughing in the background. “It’s true.” Hyejin said with a pained smile. “We messaged Chaemin’s sisters, to find out some of her favorite meals.” Anika said, pulling out her phone.

“We had Mingxia and Jaelin go get groceries for this, those two are at the studio Jaelin is studying more music production and lyric writing with our talented Myungie.” Aika stated as Hyejin opened their fridge.

Meanwhile at ONE Label

Chaemin nodded as she sat in one the vocal rooms attending her classes, Yayin sat in the chair beside Jaelin as Mingxia explained different melodies and parts of her software on her laptop.

Later that day

Chaemin yawned as the four walked back into the dorm, Yayin carrying the younger’s backpack as Mingxia and Jaelin walked in behind them. Chaemin greeting the camera in the entryway as she removed her mask and headed to the kitchen to wash her hands. Jumping seeing the other three at the table holding a cake with lit candles on it, Aika counted them off before the other five began singing ‘Happy Birthday’ Jaelin hugging Chaemin to her side.

“We know we’re early but, we have so much going on now, we wanted to make sure we got to celebrate bigger before hand.” Hyejin explained, the younger patting her face a bit before motioning the girls for a group hug. Yebin pulling Mingxia into it, the girls stood in the hug for a few minutes.

May 13, 2020

Mingxia sat with her hood up as Hyejin stood in the booth, recording a song Mingxia had been working on with Jaelin. Jaelin reading along and making suggestions to changing lyrics. Yayin and Yebin sat in their vocal lessons, as Chaemin worked on an assignment in between her classes. Aika walked into the company with Manager Son, the two greeting the staff and getting their temperatures checked before heading in. Aika waving to the camera outside the room Chaemin worked in, Aika knocked thrice before entering the room, Chaemin giving her a smile from her chair.

“I went and got you some snacks, before joining the others. We’re ordering in tonight so think of what you want.” Aika said, Chaemin thanked her and nodded, the older moving her mask down to smile at the youngest before heading back out.

May 23,2020

Mingxia talked with the sound engineer about the song they were starting today, one Yayin and Hyejin wrote the lyrics for. Jaelin and Yebin entered the company, getting their temperatures checked then heading down the hall, waving to cameras they passed. Chaemin laid on the dance studio floor, Yayin and Hyejin on either side of her. The three having just did a dance lesson, Jaelin poked her head in nodding to them in some secret code.

Aika had just sat on the couch behind Mingxia, as Yebin reached inside and turned off the light, scaring the two at the computer system. Jaelin had Hyejin quickly light the candles on the cake before the five entered, singing in Mandarin ‘Happy Birthday’. Mingxia smiled at them as Aika stood with them, the other blowing out the candles. Even the sound engineer cheering with the girls.

June 05, 2020

The seven sat around in a waiting room on their phones, or laptops if they were Chaemin and Mingxia. The seven styled nicely in outfits that fit their style but also fitted the group. They were waiting for the staff to let them know they were starting to film.

“We’ll start with Hyejin first.” The producer of the show said, the girls nodding Hyejin stepping out and walked to the stool in front of the light pink and purple background.

“We’ll have you introduce yourself first, then answer some questions from certain moments over the last year.” The producer behind the camera said, Hyejin nodding.

 

“now, how does it feel to be close to debuting?"

"It's weird, and kind of unreal." Hyejin said, looking at the other six beside her. "To think a year ago I was being part of line up after lineup."

"I agree, seeing how far we've come in the last year alone definitely puts everything in prespective." Jaelin said, Chaemin and Mingxia nodding along. 

"I never expected my life to turn around like this." Aika said, Yayin smiling and leaning on the older slightly.

"Can you guys send a video messgae to future  you guys in 2 years?"

To be revealed in 2 years.

August 10, 2020

Mingxia sat in the studio nodding along to a demo, Hyejin sitting behind her on the couch. The two along with the sound enigineer, and another produce listened to a song playing through the speakers. As the song came to an end, Hyejin visibily tensed. The other three nodding as they turned their attention to the SM trainee. 

"I might not understand English that well but, it's good." the sound enigineer said, Hyejin smiled as the producer agreed. 

"This was the compisition, Myungsa was helping you with?" The producer asked, Hyejin nodded, he gave the two a thumbs up. "It's well thought out, I think your fans will like it." 

"I've just gotten started." Hyejin said proudly, the producers and Mingxia nodding and praising her.

 

Yebin laughed as Chaemin overexegrated the dance to one of the songs they were working on. Jaelin smiling off the side as she scrolle don her phone. The dance trainer shaking her head, as she adjusted the music. 

 

Yayin nodded as the vocal trainer explained more about song writing to AIka and Yayin, as the three sat in one of the vocal rooms with notebooks.

 

September 27, 2020

The camera panned over to the seven girls dancing in a white set, the director yelling cut as Jaelin slipped up a bit, laughing at herself the members consoling her.  the staff adjusting their hair and outfits, Chaemin spotting the camera she waved at it with a smile as she waddled over. 

"I think we're into the fourth or fifth day of shooting. I'm not able to be here past 10, so thats when they've been shooting the unnies' solo shots." Chaemin filmed the camera in as Aika walked over, hugging Chaemin.

"And its Yinnie's birthday today. Manager Moon, grabbed a cake and some snacks she loves." Aika said, as she looked over to the set where Yayin yawned and Mingia stretched beside her. 

"Yin unnie is also the main character in this as well. From what the director has said." Chaemin said, as the stylist came over fixing her hair. 

"We've all changed our hair recently too, it makes it feel a bit more real, that we're debuting soon." Aika said, smiling as Yebin jumped on Jaelin's back in the background. 

The girls continued filming, for the rest of the day. Taking breaks and eating the cake bought for Yayin.

Happy 20th Birthday Yayin

 

November 14, 2020

The girls stretched as they waited to begin filming again, a different set compared to the last time we saw them. The palace like set lit up, as stylist adjusted certain members' hair. The camera zooming in on Hyejin and Yebin playing around with their long sleeves. 

The girls getting into place once the director called them, the girls' faces switching instantly when the music began. 

 

December 23, 2020

The girls sat in the conference room, all waiting for the PR team. Tension filling the room as they waited, their manager's checking their watches. The door opening , the PR repsersentative walked in by herself. She smiled and greeted the girls, connecting her laptop.

"So I have some exciting news," she paused gauging their reactions. "the music videos are finished.  But your debut will be postponed. We want to give you all more time to create your own album." The girls nodding, in response. "You want to see the videos?" She asked, her eyes expecting a yes. Another nod, she looked at the large screen behind her before pressing play.

 

 

 

NEXT WEEK

 

"The closer we get the more nervous I become."

"What if we aren't what anyone wanted?"

"I don't know if I can do this."

 

author's note.  I hope everyone enjoyed this (long) chapter!! Anyways, stay safe everyone!