episode 6

in a trance ♦ seven companies make one group ♦ chapter 3 is out!
 

   Another step

 

Feburary 3, 2020

Hyejin smiled as the producer spoke about the new track for the girls, Jaelin nodding beside her. Hyejin wore a pastel green long sleeve tee with light washed mom jeans, her hair half up in a bun. Jaelin in darker denim skinny jeans and a grey hoodie her hair straight.

Yayin, in lightly ripped light washed jeans, a colorful sweater and her hair up in a loose ponytail, and Mingxia, in loose fitting black pants, a lilac hoodie and her hair hidden under a black baseball cap, both yawned as they sat in with the vocal trainer going over the melody of the new song. The two nodding as she spoke.

Chaemin; in a light pink tee with pastel rainbow tie dye joggers, and her hair in a low ponytail, Yebin, in a black cropped tee and grey sweats, her hair in two braids; and Aika; in an oversized black hoodie and black shorts with her hair down under a black baseball cap; watched the dancers showing them the routine for the new song. Chaemin and Yebin making notes as Aika commented every now and then. 

 

Feburary 9, 2020

The six, missing Chaemin, were rehearsing in the practice room. Fairly obivious the girls were working hard and on their at least fourth hour of practice. Yebin and Mingxia watched over the video recording as the others worked on refining their movements. Yebin put her hair back-up in a ponytail as she stood from their squated position. 

"Let's do another run of the first verse, we could do some cleaning on it. Plus when Chaemin is back from school it'll fit better." Yebin explained, the others nodding as Mingxia returned to their side from the camera to infront of the mirror. 

"Opening till Chorus?" The dance trainer asked, the girls nodding.

As they worked through the first verse, with an empty spot in the middle meant for Chaemin, the door to the practice room opened, two masked girls entered. Bowing in greeting to the staff, waiting for the girls to notice them, the camera zoomed in on them.

                 

IZONE's Lee Chaeyeon       ITZY's Lee Chaeryoung

The idol sisters known for their dance skills, what brings them to ONE Label?

The first to notice the two was Hyejin as she bowed slightly at first not really noticing who they were till they finished the first verse. Once done the girls turned to the two bowing as the girls bowed in return. The two idols holding bags.

"We know Chaemin isn't here which would be the perfect time for us to stop by." Chaeyeon said, removing their masks the two bowed in greeting. "I'm Chaeyeon, Chaemin's oldest sister. And this is Chaeryoung." Chaeyeon introduced the two of them even though the girls recognized them as soon as they removed their masks.

"Our parents wanted to thank you guys for taking care of baby Chaemin, so our mom made lots of food you all." Chaeyeon continued, Hyejin and Yebin taking the bags and thanking them.

"We would've greeted you sooner, if Chaemin would've told us where your studio was." Chaeryoung said, pouting a bit, the girls smiling seeing the family resembelence. 

"She never told us who her sisters were. Given the three of you look a lot a like we should've figured it out." Jaelin joked, The two idols nodding and smiling.

"Are you rehearsing a new song?" Chaeyeon asked, the girls nodding. 

"Do you want to watch over our rough cut?" Hyejin suggested the two idols smiled and nodded, Yebin looked to the trainer whom nodded. The two idols taking a seat in front of the mirrors, in a comfortable position to watch the run through. As the girls were in the second verse, Chaemin entered the room bowing politely to the trainer and staff.

"How was classes?" The trainer asked, Chaemin removed her mask and smiled.

"Not bad considering I get to sit in the vocal room all day." Chaemin joked, setting her stuff on the bench noticing the extra bags she looked around and spotted her sisters watching the routine nodding along. "Unnies?" She asked the two looking to the younger Lee and smiling with waves, as the girls finished their run through. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Mom wanted me to drop off some food you your group, and Ryoungie wanted to meet them." Chaeyeon said as Chaemin hugged them tightly, Yebin smiling at the interaction.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Yayin asked after the two idols left, her eyes reflected how hurt she felt.
"I didn't want you to only like me because of my siblings." Chaemin said, the girls pausing in slience at the statement. Yebin swallowing and looking at her hands, Mingxia sighing lightly.

"We wouldn't like you just because of your siblings. We never cared who they really were. We like you." Aika stated, putting an arm around Chaemin's shoulders and hugging her side. 

"I understand." Mingxia said, as Jaelin put an arm around her shoulders too.

"You shouldn't worry about that." Hyejin said, hugging Chaemin's other side.

"We're all in this together, no matter who are siblings are. We're here for our own talent and abilities not connections." Yebin said, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Exactly." Yayin said, nodding her head.

"Anyone else have any secrets they would like to share, at least on camera?" Hyejin asked, looking at the other five.

"No, I think we're good." Yebin said,  looking at the others whom nodded in agreement to her statement.

 

Feburary 12, 2020

"Aika unnie's birthday is in 2 days, and Myungsa and I are in charge of food." Hyejin said, looking at the younger walking beside her as they both wore face masks. Santising their hands and getting their temperature's checked and scanning in once they reached the supermarket. "I don't know why I'm put in charge of this I can't cook at all, Myungsa leaves me instructions on how to heat things up when shes gone in the studio." Hyejin chuckled and Mingxia checked the list of things they need. "What's on the menu, Chef-nim?" Hyejin jokingly asked Mingxia whom sighed as she pushed the cart.

"Japanese food and some traditional Korean. Chaeminie and Yinnie are in charge of cake." Mingxia answered, looking at the produce.

 

Chaemin and Yayin bowed infront of the camera as they stod in the dorm kitchen.

"We are on a mission to make the best cake for Aika unnie. " Chaemin said in  fake announcer voice, Yebin popping her head into frame as Yayin held back a laugh at Chaemin's voice.

"I'm here merely to supervise." Yebin pointed out, taking a seat at the table behind them.

"Lin unnie is keeping Aika unnie away for a few hours at the studio for recording and practice." Chaemin added, smiling as Yayin nodded beside her.

No fires occured buring CheYin's baking and decorating.

"Done!" Chaemin cheered, stretching as Yebin and Yayin hid the cake in the back of the fridge. 

Feburary 14, 2020

The six scrambled around the dorm quietly as Aika was in the bathroom, they set up breakfast, Hyejin whisper yelling at Chaemin to move out her way where she was carrying hot bowls of seaweed soup. Chaemin grabbing bowls of rice and setting up their larger table in the living room, as Yayin set down pillows on the floor for everyone to sit on, Jaelin on Aika watch and Yebin helping Mingxia portion the food out and plate it. The six still in their sleep clothes as they were all on high alert for when the oldest was up. As they set the last plate on the table, Jaelin quickly joined the others in the living room slightly hiding from Aika. The oldest leaving the bathroom yawning and stretching as she checked her phone smiling at it before walking to the kitchen. Grabbing a mug and turning the kettle on, then noticing the dishes in the sink, looking around she noticed the rice cooker was on. Turning to look at the living room where the six stood staring at her,

"Happy birthday!" They all said in Japanese which warmed Aika's heart, slightly pouting as she walked over to them hugging Hyejin and Yayin whom were closest in proximity to her.

"I was not expecting this." Aika said, tearing up before motioning them to sit. the six listening and waiting for the oldest to start eating before following suit. 

 

Feburary 28, 2020

Yebin sighed as they went through the choreo again, the seven working hard to nail the choreo and vocals to move on to the next part of the project. Chaemin rubbed her face as she watched over the practice recording, Hyejin and Yayin running over the vocal pitch again. Jaelin going over the steps she missed the beat on with Mingxia while Aika nodded listening to the younger. 

 

March 02,2020

The girls sat in the conference room again, this time looking more exhausted. Chaemin rested her head on the table, Yayin rubbing her back as the Chinese girl had her eyes clowed. Hyejin was spinning in her chair to remain awake, as Jaelin and Mingxia rested their heads on the table. Aika leaning back in her chair, as Manager Moon walked in knocking on the table, the girls sat and straightened up.

"After this meeting you can go back tot he dorm and go to sleep." He told them, the girls nodding.

The girls have been working relentlessly to perfect the new song and have just finished practice for the day.

"We'll make this quick, so you can go rest." The PR rep said, the girls bowing and nodding as she sat down at the table. " The units this time around have been shifted a bit. We decided to give unit both main vocalists,"the others looking at each other worried. "Unit 1, will be Hyejin, Yayin and Chaemin. Unit 2, Aika, Jaelin, Yebin and Myungsa. Your song recording is scheduled for next week, so take the next few days to decide on a cover to perform as well." 

 

March 05, 2020

The seven sat in their dorm living room, Mingxia writing down the suggestions the others were offering for their cover performance.  Yebin was snacking on the fruit, the younger had cut up and put on the table so they would eat it before any went bad. 

"We did Big Bang, do we really want to do another boy group?" Jaelin asked, popping a grape in .

"Considering, the concept of our group song, it'll be a good contrast." Chaemin suggested, Jaelin nodding in agreemnet to her statement.

Didn't NCt just come out witha  new song?" Aika asked, looking around the group from her spot on the floor beside Mingxia, whom was already typing it into a search engine. The girls watching the music video, Mingxia making notes for a possible arrangment. 

"I'm not against doing this one." Yebin added, after everyone returned to their previous seats.

"Everyone down for doing 'Kick It'?" Hyejin asked, the girls all nodded. 

"Yebin and Jaelin, will do the raps. Hyejin and Yayin will do the bridge and high notes. Aika, Chaemin and I will fill in any spots lef." Mingxia suggested, the girls nodding.

 

MARCH 07, 2020

Aika, Jaelin, Yebin and Mingxia entered the recording studio, greeting the producer and sound enigineer. The four sitting on the couch awaiting instructions, as the other three entered the vocal rooms, greeting the trainer. Chaemin opting to sit on the floor as the other two took the chairs, teh trainer smiling to them as she handed them music sheets. 

"Obviously this will be a vocal powered song, cond=sidering both of the main vocal canidates, and one of the lead vocalists are in one group." She stated, the three opposite of her keyboard nodded. 

The other four were listening to the demo for their song, while reading the lyrics. Mingxia nodding to the beat as Aika, listened attentively to the lyrics. 

"This song was actually produced by Teddy, he will over see this track as well." The producer said, Yebin choked on her water, Mingxia stared at the producer, Jaelin's mouth dropped open, and Aika blinked rapidily.

"Like THE Teddy?" Yebin asked, after catching her breath.

"Do you know anyone else named Teddy?" The producer teased, the girls shaking their heads in response. "I already went ahead and figured out suggested parts for now, each of yours is numbered. 1, Aika. 2, Jaelin. 3, Yebin. And 4, Mingxia." He said, the girls nodding and flipping through the lyric sheets.

 

March 12,2020

Yebin drapped an arm around Chaemin's shoulders as they entered the company building. The two greeting the staff as they scanned their IDs hanging around their necks. They looked around before stopping at one of the cameras in the hall to wave at it.

"Hyejin unnie's birthday is in a few days. We have to some how keep it a secret from her, whatever it is we plan." Chaemin said, Yebin nodding beside her. Before looking behind them, as they heard footsteps, sighing in relief seeing it was Jaelin with coffee and tea, the others probably ordered. Manager Son following behind her, as the three stood at the camera.

"How was class?" Jaelin asked, Chaemin whom shrugged, causing the other two to roll their eyes and laugh.

The three soon sending tot he recording studio to finish some final touches on MR. Entering the studio, the three were greeted by Mingxia with a nod and Aika with a smile and open arms, Chaemin taking off her backpack and sitting beside Aika hugging her. Yebin sitting beside Mingxia as Jaelin handed them their drinks, Hyejin in the recording space warming up a bit more as the producer and engineer got the track ready. 

 

March 14, 2020

Jaelin leaned into the frame, Aika following suit, the two laughing together, Before stepping fully into frame both wearing aprons, Yayin standing slightly behind them. Yayin waving at the camera as she put on her mask, Mingxia, appearing with her mask on. The two watching as Jaelin and Aika picked up a few things from the counter.

"This time around the unnies are in charge of the cake. " Jaelin sadi the two holding ingrdients for the cake. "Yinnie and MingMing are going to the store for food and ingredients with Manager Moon while Manager Son is on making sure the dorm doesn't get burned down duty." Jaelin explained, Aika nodding. 

"Chaemin is keeping Hyejin busy while, Yebin is in a recording session." Aika filled the veiwers in, as Yayin adn Mingxia headed out of the dorm, giving the camera in the entryway one last wave before leaving. 

June 2020

WHat was a moment you felt this was a group you wanted to stay with?

"Sometimes, this feels too much. We were thrown into a group not knowing anyone or anything and are expected to be this perfect group." Aika sighed fidgeting with her hands in her lap. "I think I realised its too much for one person to have to bottle up like I have. I think it was, celebrating each other's birthdays where I realised this group of girls was something I needed. " She said, smiling at the camera her eyes a bit misty as Chaemin entered the frame hugging the oldest.

 

March 15, 2020

Hyejin swayed side-to-side as she sat on her bed, video chatting with her family. Smiling and clapping her hands as they sang to her. The others in the living room setting up small party decorations and party hats adorning their heads. Mingxia put some of Hyejin's favorite snacks on the table along with some drinks as Chaemin and Jaelin took pictures together and of the others setting up.

"I miss you guys! I'll make some more time in the next few weeks for us to video chat again." Hyejin said in ENglish her family agreeing as they said their goodbyes. Closing her laptop she felt a bit saddened, looking around her shared room. With a sigh she got up and left the room carrying her phone in one hand, opening the door across from hers peaking her head in seeing it empty she furrowed her brows. Closing the door she opened their group chat, jumping as the others popped poppers and confetti fell around her. 

"I almost dropped my phone!" She playfully scolded, the girl smiling as Chaemin and Yayin hugged her, they all clapped and began singing as Aika carried out a cake to the table in the living room.

JUNE 2020

Has your wish came true, yet?

"No, not yet. There is still lots of time though." Hyejin said smiling and Chuckling.

 

April 02, 2020

The girls panted as they stood in their final positions for their group song, having polished it as best as it could be. The girls soon broke up for their unit trainings, Hyejin, Yayin and Chaemin remaining in the room as they had dance rehearsal and the other four went into the room next door to be evaluated by their trainers on their progress. 

"It's Yebin's birthday soon, what should we do?"Hyejin asked, as the three sat on the floor taking a break. Yayin drinking from her water bottle as Chaemin laid on the floor.

"Does she have any siblings?" Chaemin asked, the other two shrugged, Chaemin pulling her phone accross the floor to her as she typed into Instagram sitting up in shock. "Hul." She exclaimed, the tow looking at the youngest in curiousity. Turning her phone around, they spotted a photo of Yebin with a guy, and clicking on the tag it showed a guy named 'Min Hyunbin'

"Woah, is that her brother?" Hyejin asked taking Chaemin's phone and scrolling through his posts. "Considering the amount of photos the two are tagged in, I'm guessing he is." 

"Should we see if he has any ideas for her birthday?" Yayin asked softly the other two slowly nodding.

"I'll message him." Chaemin said, the other two scooting to read over her shoulder.

Hello, Min Hyunbin-nim. I'm Lee Chaemin I'm in the project group with Min Yebin unnie and I wanted to know if you have any idea what we should do for her birthday?

Thank you!

 

April 04, 2020

Yebin stretched with Jaelin as the two entered the ONE Label building waving to the cameras as they walked past them to the break room where the others were waiting on their lunch the managers were bringing. 

Yebin jumped as they all popped out of hidden spots in the breakroom, throwing confetti and yelling "Happy Birthday". Yebin scoffed and laughed at the other's constant need to suprise the members on their birthdays. 

"Were you surpised?" Chaemin asked excitedly, as Yebin ate her lunch, teh managers having went to one of her favorite places. Yebin nodded, Chaemin sighing in relief as she ate. "Good, we tried messaging your brother but he didn't respond." Yebin paused and looked at Chaemin whom continued eating. Yebin smiled slowly, as her phone buzzed beside her, looking at it she put it to her ear, and excused herself, covering the mic she was wearing and entering one of the vocal training rooms without a camera. The others sharing a look before shrugging and continuing to eat.

 

April 14, 2020

SM Entertainment - Hyejin's Company

The girls stared up at the building before them, Hyejin grinning from the way her eyes crinkled above her mask. She led the girls inside, bowing in greeting to the staff as they headed into the dance practice studio. The girls stretching and getting ready to rehearse, the door opening scaring the girls, bowing politely as two girls walked in. 

Red Velvet's Yeri  and Seulgi

 

The two greeting the seven as they stood in shock, Chaemin gripping onto Jaelin's arm for dear life.

"We heard you were stopping by, and we thought we could help you out if you wanted." Seulgi offered after the girls introduced themselves. 

"I don't know if we are even ready for you to even watch us." Hyejin said, as Yeri gravitated to her side. 

"Are you sure?" Yeri asked, Hyejin shaking her head.

"No, not really." The SM representative stated, Seulgi smiled before motioning the girls to start rehearsing. Seulgi and Yeri nodding along to the song as the girls went through tthe motions, as the song came to an end the two idols clapped.

"You can see you are all from different companies." Yeri chuckled, the girls getting more nervous at the statement. "But, it works. It looks good."

"Thank you." The seven chorused and bowed together.

 

April 28, 2020

The seven stood behind the stage adjusting their ear prieces and warming up. They seemed a little more nervous than normal. Chaemin and Aika went over a few choreo points as Yebin fixed parts of Hyejin's hair, Yayin and Jaelin were looking in the small mirror backstage, adjusting their appearance. Mingxia just watching as the staff finished setting up the stage. The vivid pieces of yellow in their clothing contridicting the other pieces they have worn. The girls entering the stage, greeting the staff and camera politely before getting into position. 

 

// aika - jiho (long blonde hair)
jaelin- mimi (blonde space buns)
hyejin- seunghee (braided pig tails)
yebin- binnie (short brown hair with clips)
mingxia- arin (ponytail)
yayin- hyojung (yellow dress with sheer sleeves)
chaemin- yooa (white with yellow accents)//

 
// aika - sungyeon
jaelin- minjoo
hyejin- mingyeong
yebin- eunbi
mingxia- yujung
yayin- minhyung
chaemin- yurim//

 
// hyejin- ashley ( long brown hair with blonde ends)
yayin- soojung (long brown hair with blonde highlights)
chaemin- zuni (short blonde hair) //

 
// aika - jisoo (long hair)
jaelin- lisa (short hair)
yebin- jennie (beret)
mingxia- rose (blonde hair) 
//

NEXT WEEK

"With immense positive feedback, we want to start working on your debut."
"Really?!"
"We want to give you all a chance to work on the album, the next few months will be spent with you all learning the ins and outs of album producing."

 

"Knowing that we aren't actually alone, makes everything a little more bearable."

 

"If I wasn't here, I wouldn't be able to stand on a stage at all."

 

   

  

author's note.  I hope everyone enjoyed this (long) chapter!! Anyways, stay safe everyone!