Adjusting

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After meeting with the CEO, Daniel was given instructions on delaying the announcement so that Areum could recover first. Though despite this, fans and paparazzi were able to spot the girls of Blackpink constantly visiting the hospital now compared to the past year. They may have dropped by a few times, but it wasn't as frequent as this, which made them come up with a few speculations that none of the members have either denied or confirmed, choosing to keep quiet. But the girls have posted a picture with the soloist whilst she was asleep on the day she had finally woken up.

Jennie and Jisoo were on either side of the girl and Rosé and Lisa were by the foot of the bed while the latter took the picture to post on their instagram account.

Missing you so much! We love you~ ❤️

On the second day, they received a surprise visit from Jimin and Jungkook. When they arrived in the room, both boys were shocked to see Areum wide awake, laughing to something Lisa had told her before the two boys rushed to her side, though being mindful of her injuries.

"Yah! Why didn't you tell me you were awake already? Do you know how worried I was?" Jimin scolded whilst the soloist rubbed the back of her neck while she tried to recall his name. Lisa looked at Rosé with an uncertain expression and the other just shook her head, though she could see the irritation on the blonde's face after being cut off from their bonding time with the soloist.

"Oh! You're Jimin." Said boy just looked even more confused before slowly nodding his head. "Do you know any other Jimin besides me? Pabo, we dated for a year and you already forgot about me?" He huffed, causing Jennie to roll her eyes while Jungkook stifled a laugh. "Mwo? I was just trying to remember." The girl mumbled under her breath and Jisoo decided to finally step in and explain to the pair what was going on. At that, the older male suddenly frowned before looking at the girl on the bed. "You really don't remember anything?" He asked her and she shakes her head. "I didn't even know my name until Daniel oppa told me." She explained with a shrug. "Damn, maybe I should have been here sooner and told you we were still dating." He laughed before getting smacked by his friend.

The joke, however, did not make the four other girls laugh as they glared at the back of the boy's head. Jisoo made it a point as she got up from her seat and made herself comfortable on the bed while wrapping her arms around Areum's waist and burying her face to the taller girl's neck. The action made Areum's hand automatically rest on the older girl's head as she started to gently run her fingers through her hair. "I was just kidding, no need to hit me." Jimin pouted as his friend rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're confused with me here even though we broke up." Jungkook crossed his arms. "You broke up because he's gay and you told him it was fine because you liked someone else, too."

​​​​"Yah! I was supposed to tell her that!" The older boy whined. "You were taking too long being dramatic." Jungkook tells him before smiling brightly at the soloist. "But don't mind Hyung. You have a ton of admirers, Noona and he just feels offended with how many people started confessing to you after the break up." A laugh passed from her lips, though Jisoo seemed to have tightened her hold on the woman as she pouted. "Did I ever get to be close with who I liked?" Jimin merely shrugged as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "You never really told me who he is, so I don't know." Areum slowly nods her head before humming as she leaned back and snuggled up to Jisoo, but her conversation with the two boys did catch the girls' attention.

​​​​​After telling the pair not to say anything yet, they finally bid them goodbye and soon, the five were left alone. Areum was napping with Jisoo so the three other girls gathered on the couch. "I didn't know unnie had a crush?" Lisa said with wide eyes and Jennie pursed her lips. "I mean, she hasn't shown any signs or even mentioned anyone in that way, so I don't know." Rosé pouted while she stole a glance at the bed. "She doesn't even remember anymore, so I don't think it matters." Jennie mumbled quietly, making the two nod. "Still though, I'm kind of curious."

​​​​​​"I didn't know that the reason they broke up was because of that, too." Lisa commented and Rosé nodded vigorously. "Oppa didn't seem like it, but I can't really say much since we aren't close. But it's good that him and unnie are still close despite that."

​​"Areum is very open minded, so I don't think something like that would make her deter her relationship with him. They were really close friends before they got together, remember?" Jennie pointed out. "You have a point. Areum is just so cool and it's hard to believe that she's actually treated like this." 

A silence hung over them at the mention of the incident and Jennie crosses her arms while gazing at the soloist. "It wasn't an accident, the police and doctors confirmed that much. But who did it and why they did it are still unknown." Rosé frowned as she played with her phone. "The injuries were too much to be an accident, add to the fact that she was missing for two days, it's just not possible."

 

​​​​"Alright, kid, time to get going." Daniel entered the room after he finished signing the papers for Areum and the girl nodded her head, sitting on the wheelchair they provided since her foot was still in the process of recovering. "Will the girls be there?" During the short time she's been awake, the Blackpink members have been visiting frequently. If not together then it was either by two's or alone. They were able to keep her from growing bored in the hospital and also told her stories of things they did together. 

​​​"Well, since we can't really bring you to your place, YG has decided to let you stay with the girls while you're healing. That way, you have someone we trust to accompany you and we can ensure that you're safe. Also, since you're much closer to them, it helps." Daniel explained as he walked over and began pushing her out of the room and down to the van. They decided to have her discharged her in the evening so that people wouldn't notice her and they could get to the dorm faster.

​​"Since the public has no idea about you, yet, we have to keep it low." The man explained when he began to help her inside and then placed the wheelchair at the back. "Also..." He handed her a phone before getting in the driver's seat and then heading off. "What's this for?" Areum asked as she turned the device in her hands before turning it on. It seemed fairly new, but she's sure that this wasn't hers.

​​​​​​"I got you a new phone since you lost the old one. My number is in there, along with the girls' numbers so you can contact one of us. Other contacts, I wasn't able to put yet, but you should be good for now." Nodding, Areum went ahead and began to check the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter